Packers fan from the other side of the world

gergobacsi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there Pack fans!

I'm from Hungary and I'm a Green Bay Packers fan. I remember hearing about them in mid '90s, and got a chance on to see them play in highlight tapes.
They played with so much enthusiasm, and the fact that their color is the same as my favorite soccer team's, got my attention. After learning more and more of the history of this franchise, the tradition, and the legends, and also watching the team and the wonderful fans, what this together means to the american football, I couldn't help but love this team.
I hope the current staff, players are proud to be Packers, and live up to the high expectations. I have a gut feeling that the next season's performance will be much better than last year, even with changing to 3-4. I don't know why, but I have this feeling.
My favorite Packer players are Donald Driver, Greg Jennings and Aaron Kampman. Greg is an exceptional and outstanding player, and also - as I see it - a very humble person, and a real team-player. I love that even after the hardest hits, the mistakes, he usually smiles, you can see that he enjoys this game and the love of the fans, and tries to give love back to them. The same goes for DD. An icon, and I think he is a very underrated player in this league. Kampman, with his 'never stop' style, earned my respect. When he's on the field, I think he gives exta energy to the others with the way he is playing.

I really hope that the Pack will have a great seasons, with a lot of victories, and great performances.

Go Pack Go!

p. s. I'm sorry if me English is not perfect.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Gergobacsi,

Welcome to packerfoum. Your English is excellent. I am Phil (PWT36) from DePere,Wi,'which is a surburb of Green Bay. I am located just about five miles from historic Lambeau Field. However as youngster, I grew up on on the East side of Green Bay from 1937-1968 and lived for many years just 4 blocks from old City Stadium. City Stadium stadium was Packer's home stadium from 1925-1956. So I have many memories of the Green Bay Packers from about mid 1940's to the present.

The Green Bay Packers will do just fine this season (2009) I expect a return to the their winning ways again this season and and be in first place in NFL-North in 2009.

Look forward to your posts on packerforum.com from the other side of the World-Hungary. Hope you can make it to Green Bay in the future to see a Packer game at Lambeau Field.

Phil

PS. if you need any information concerning The Green Bay Packers or City of Green Bay. Please feel free to post me under this topic or use the pm (private messsage) function. I will reply with an anwser to your questions.

OP
OP
G

gergobacsi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I can't wait to see some action, this offseason is killing me!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts