Packers Fan Base

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
lol we could have!! TT and his scouts thought Davon House would be a better pro corner tho...nice observation.
And do you know who else was wrong about Sherman? Every team in the league. Sherman was selected with the 154th pick in that draft. If any team had any idea he would turn out to be the best, or one of the best CBs in the league where would he have been drafted? So even Seattle didn’t fully recognize his talent. In fact they had four picks before taking Sherman. With their pick #107 they took WR Durham who they IR’d that season and waived before the 2012 season. He was claimed by the Lions and has caught 46 passes and scored 3 TDs for them. How could the Seahawks have missed so badly on Durham when Sherman was available? 47 picks would occur before they had a chance to get Sherman! Because every team in the league failed to recognize Sherman’s talent.

Cardinals, Giants, Ravens, Patriots, Bills (2), Chargers (2), Texans (2), 49ers, Raiders (2), Saints, Eagles, Steelers (2), Panthers, Chiefs, Packers, Browns, Vikings, Cowboys, Jaguars. That’s a list of the teams who picked 24 players listed as CBs before Sherman was picked. Some teams with very well regarded front offices regarding personnel acquisition picked CBs ahead of Sherman, including the Ravens, 49ers and the Steelers who, like four other teams, picked two CBs before pick #154. BTW, the Cardinals picked pro bowl CB Patrick Peterson with pick #5 in the draft. If you were a Cardinals fan, would you criticize their front office for not trading down out of the #5 pick because Sherman would be available much, much later in the draft? That's the equivalent of the criticism you're aiming at Thompson. Your remark doesn’t even attempt to tell the whole story, obviously because the whole story is not nearly the indictment of Thompson you intended.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And do you know who else was wrong about Sherman? Every team in the league. Sherman was selected with the 154th pick in that draft. If any team had any idea he would turn out to be the best, or one of the best CBs in the league where would he have been drafted? So even Seattle didn’t fully recognize his talent. In fact they had four picks before taking Sherman. With their pick #107 they took WR Durham who they IR’d that season and waived before the 2012 season. He was claimed by the Lions and has caught 46 passes and scored 3 TDs for them. How could the Seahawks have missed so badly on Durham when Sherman was available? 47 picks would occur before they had a chance to get Sherman! Because every team in the league failed to recognize Sherman’s talent.

Cardinals, Giants, Ravens, Patriots, Bills (2), Chargers (2), Texans (2), 49ers, Raiders (2), Saints, Eagles, Steelers (2), Panthers, Chiefs, Packers, Browns, Vikings, Cowboys, Jaguars. That’s a list of the teams who picked 24 players listed as CBs before Sherman was picked. Some teams with very well regarded front offices regarding personnel acquisition picked CBs ahead of Sherman, including the Ravens, 49ers and the Steelers who, like four other teams, picked two CBs before pick #154. BTW, the Cardinals picked pro bowl CB Patrick Peterson with pick #5 in the draft. If you were a Cardinals fan, would you criticize their front office for not trading down out of the #5 pick because Sherman would be available much, much later in the draft? That's the equivalent of the criticism you're aiming at Thompson. Your remark doesn’t even attempt to tell the whole story, obviously because the whole story is not nearly the indictment of Thompson you intended.

I don't root for every team in the NFL tho so i could care less how many times and why they passed on Sherman. It's no indictment of TT to say he missed on Sherman more or less the other 31 GMS because they did...just like it's no indictment to call an overweight person overweight right?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I have been a member of this forum for a few years now and it has become somewhat common for other teams fans to come on here before our game against them and after the game say how they appreciate how first class our fan base is. I always just assumed that it was just common curtsy from the visiting fans and that all fan bases are as respectful as the people on this forum, but after going on another team's forums this mourning (Seahawks), I have to say that I now understand why other fans say we are first class. The Seahawks fan base seems like it is mostly made up of the worst type of fans. I figured each fan base was mostly made up of classy fans with a few classless fans that ruined a teams image, but it seems like the opposite in Seattle. Their fan base fits their classless players.

While I was reading what these classless fans were saying it made me really appreciate how great and first class our fan base, especially on this forum. I'm glad that I can say I am part of this fan base now that I have seen what other fan bases are like.
Oh **** OFF!!!!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The Packer Fans are one of the main reasons I bleed Green and Gold today. I was a die hard Rams Fan since I was a boy. My early teen hero was the Deacon Jones and in all my travels in the Air Force I never missed a game when the Rams were on TV. Then the wicked witch of the west drowned her husband and ruined my team and moved them out of town.

I was not going to root for a team in Saint Louie so I set out to find another team. Green is my favorite color and I could see myself in a freezing parking lot drinking beer and eating Brat's so I latched on to the Packers. Happened just about the time Favre came to town so I have been fortunate to experience passion for two long term winning franchises. I will never forget going to Lambeau for the opener in 2011 and the tailgate and game in San Diego. I have meet a lot of great people wearing green Jerseys.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yep....like I said...that's what the ted haters do...they point to all these things after the fact. it really is no use in trying to explain anything to them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been a member of this forum for a few years now and it has become somewhat common for other teams fans to come on here before our game against them and after the game say how they appreciate how first class our fan base is. I always just assumed that it was just common curtsy from the visiting fans and that all fan bases are as respectful as the people on this forum, but after going on another team's forums this mourning (Seahawks), I have to say that I now understand why other fans say we are first class. The Seahawks fan base seems like it is mostly made up of the worst type of fans. I figured each fan base was mostly made up of classy fans with a few classless fans that ruined a teams image, but it seems like the opposite in Seattle. Their fan base fits their classless players.

While I was reading what these classless fans were saying it made me really appreciate how great and first class our fan base, especially on this forum. I'm glad that I can say I am part of this fan base now that I have seen what other fan bases are like.

Reading their rules and lot are same as here..Quotes and links, respect, etc...

But the duplicate threads and posting in wrong forum get you banned is pretty harsh

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading their rules and lot are same as here..Quotes and links, respect, etc...

But the duplicate threads and posting in wrong forum get you banned is pretty harsh
And they don't have emoticons and a ratings for each post as far as I can tell.
From what little I saw, it seems like no one really cares about anyone else's thoughts.
I see folks quoting other folks on here more often to echo or piggyback on one another's thoughts.

Members online

Latest posts