Packers don't rule out signing Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt GB signs Vick. And not because of his off the field issues. His QB skills, such as they are, are not suited for the WCO. TT's bland response to the Vick question has me believing Vick won't be wearing green and gold. I think the fact that Vick is still sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring speaks volumes...

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea i tend to agree with you^^^ however the fact that green bay hasnt called doesnt make me believe vic is outta the question ... we would need him as a back up ... i still believe vic will make his way to the queens ... but you just never know ... TT could get this guy cheap and it may be a steal ,, im betting Vic would sign for just about any money at this point ... TT knows that too ... the fact of the matter is we need a back up qb ,, our back ups are bottom of the barrel ... i wanna see how this plays out ...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, an obvious turning point was when Favre made it clear that he wanted to stick it to Ted Thompson and he didn't care if the team or the fans were hurt by this.

His dance with the arch-foe Vikings didn't help either.

And then of course, there were the years of offseason indecision and inability to commit to the team. And, of course, his playoff meltdowns.

Add them all up and Favre created some fertile soil for this.

XXXXXXXXXXXXx

Regarding Vick, we could get him for nothing and he'd be an upgrade over our current backups and he'd also give us another weapon in what looks to be a tight division race. And if he was able to rehab his image we could trade him away at the end of the season for a very good draft pick.

But it won't happen because everything else would be contingent upon Thompson and McCarthy believing that this is a guy that they want in their locker room for the next 5 months and I don't think that Vick is going to be able to sell that soap.
Exactly - you have no problem bringing in a convicted felon to play for Green Bay AND you see no problem with that.

This should be concerning to any law-abiding American.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Packer fans are some of the biggest hypocritical, traitorous, turn-coat, scum**** in the NFL....

They think they are so high and mighty...better and "classier" than all NFL fans..what a joke!

Because they have their heads soooooo far up Thompson's posterior they would rather welcome a convicted felon rather than the guy who saved your franchise and put your team back on the map...after a 14-3 season..no less. Mr. 31-33's Packer People..it is to laugh.

You Packer fans are the EPITOME of the word INGRATE!!!

:frustrated:
A bit rough around the edges, but there is some truth to what you write. Packers fans are great people, but they tend to be incredibly myopic and even corny. Hell, I'm the biggest Packers fan this side of Old Mexico.

I think my comments, though, were not so much against Packers fans per say, but to those types out there who feel convicted felons should not be shunned and shamed by society. Remember the days they once were and people in general were a much better and more productive lot???

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hauschild...

Do you have a reading/comprehension problem? I don't want to disparage someone who has a legitimate learning disability but at no time did I ever say "I have no problem with bringing a convicted felon on board".

That's just either pure fabrication on your part or some kind of reading comprehension problem. I don't know which.

I have a lot of problems with Vick, but not because he's a convicted felon. I actually think your remark of
This should be concerning to any law-abiding American.
is a bunch of sanctimonious bologna. Our President declared his candidacy in the living room of a guy who bombed the Pentagon. He's admitted using cocaine. Don King is a convicted murderer. Tim (the Tool Man) Allen is a convicted felon.

And then, of course, there are the legions of us who've actually broken the law and not been caught.

America is a nation which believes in redemption and in giving a second chance to people, even when it isn't really warranted. The alternative to giving a chance to convicts who've served their sentence is to not release them, ever. I mean, he did the crime and he did the time. Once upon a time that was known as "paying your debt to society".

But you want to continue to treat him like a pariah. For what purpose? How does it benefit anyone to continue to deny him an opportunity to work in his field?

The NFL has people in it right now who are convicted drug users (and even dealers), wife-beaters, drunken drivers, etc. Ray Lewis was neck-deep in a double murder and the cover-up.

But no, Vick was mean to dogs so he should just be punished to the grave and beyond, right? Not in my book, not in my country. He should....and I think will....be given a chance (probably with the Ravens).

I have issues with having Vick on the Packers, but not because he's a convicted felon. I just think he's not a good guy and IMO I'd rather lose with men of good character than win with thugs. I know others don't agree but that's their prerogative.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want Vick because of his personality and his ability. It has nothing to do that he WAS convicted, and SERVED his time. If you think a person that commits a crime and serve his time shouldn't have the same opportunities, go to Iran. That's the law they have there. Steal an apple? I cut your hand. Cheat on your wife? You know what.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this really has nothing to do with the fans ... what Vic did in his past ... weather Vic payed his dues to socity ... weather TT signs him to the pack ... yada yada yada ... it has nothing to do with the fans at all ... bottom line bring her down a notch ... Vic will play weater you like it or not ... vic will play weather america likes it or not ... the guy has a talant .. im not saying i agree with Vic or his antics ,,, but my opnion doesnt matter ... it olny matters what packers managment thinks ...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hauschild...

Do you have a reading/comprehension problem? I don't want to disparage someone who has a legitimate learning disability but at no time did I ever say "I have no problem with bringing a convicted felon on board".

That's just either pure fabrication on your part or some kind of reading comprehension problem. I don't know which.

I have a lot of problems with Vick, but not because he's a convicted felon. I actually think your remark of

is a bunch of sanctimonious bologna. Our President declared his candidacy in the living room of a guy who bombed the Pentagon. He's admitted using cocaine. Don King is a convicted murderer. Tim (the Tool Man) Allen is a convicted felon.

And then, of course, there are the legions of us who've actually broken the law and not been caught.

America is a nation which believes in redemption and in giving a second chance to people, even when it isn't really warranted. The alternative to giving a chance to convicts who've served their sentence is to not release them, ever. I mean, he did the crime and he did the time. Once upon a time that was known as "paying your debt to society".

But you want to continue to treat him like a pariah. For what purpose? How does it benefit anyone to continue to deny him an opportunity to work in his field?

The NFL has people in it right now who are convicted drug users (and even dealers), wife-beaters, drunken drivers, etc. Ray Lewis was neck-deep in a double murder and the cover-up.

But no, Vick was mean to dogs so he should just be punished to the grave and beyond, right? Not in my book, not in my country. He should....and I think will....be given a chance (probably with the Ravens).

I have issues with having Vick on the Packers, but not because he's a convicted felon. I just think he's not a good guy and IMO I'd rather lose with men of good character than win with thugs. I know others don't agree but that's their prerogative.
Well, we both know Vick won't be signed by Green Bay. So, that we agree on.

I don't agree that "it only matters what Packers management thinks" because if enough people called in and voiced their concerns or did it thru the media, it puts pressure on an organization. Just look at the chicken-crap method Packers used to force Brett out the door? It matters what we think, believe me.

And as far as sanctimonious, I don't break laws and pretend nobody cares; that's not how I roll. Rather, I choose to embrace the ideals of a traditional American and live my life that way - as silly as it probably sounds to a significant number of ya'll.

So, in my book, Vick is a dirt bag and I don't care if he's the second coming of Brett Favre, he has NO BUSINESS being given more chances to prove he's incapable of rational decision-making, let alone being given keys to the castle. As a result, I hope ALL NFL GM's black-ball this dirt bag to send a message.

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just look at the chicken-crap method Packers used to force Brett out the door? .

When you say stuff like this, you come across as an out-of-touch, semi-delusional, Acolyte of Favre. I'm not even going to bother setting you straight here because I'm sure you've had the facts on the matter explained to you numerous time.

If you want to have some credibility, it has to be earned and black helicopter nonsense doesn't help. The Packers moved on because that's what teams are supposed to do.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree that "it only matters what Packers management thinks" because if enough people called in and voiced their concerns or did it thru the media, it puts pressure on an organization. Just look at the chicken-crap method Packers used to force Brett out the door? It matters what we think, believe me.

i dont wanna argue my man ... but since you braught it up .. look at the Brett issue ... there were plenty of fans that wanted Brett back ,, and plenty id say over 70% that wore Bretts jersey and backed him ... still the Packers managment did what they wanted ... so in my point it doesnt matter what the fans want ... it olny matters what TT and MM want ... sorry to break the bad news to ya ,, but im a local i live in green bay and i know our opnions as fans doesnt matter to the managment the least ... bottom line TT will do what he wants to do ... if that means run the team in the dirt that is what he will do ... its to the point i dont care what he does VIC or no Vic ,, or what ever .. i believe we need to give him enough rope to hang him self ... bottom line TT is a slouch at best ,, just a matter of time before we can get a real GM in green bay ... One that cares about what the fans think ... :) at the end of the day some here do own part of the team so i believe our opnions should matter ..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only opinions that matter are the board of directors'... And that won't change for a while. The public opinion affects them, but to some extent. Obviously, they have a plan and are sticking with it. Like it or not, TT was brought in to rebuild. They set a deadline for the team to start being a contender. I don't know how long it is, but I think won't pass next year. Don't matter how TT does things, if he can manage to make this team competitive till the deadline, he stays. If he can't, he goes. That's what I believe, from what I've seen since he has been here.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard from very reliable source ( guy that used to run bretts message board and is his pilot) that if they do not have success this year that Ted is either going to be let go,or he will have one more chance

That is paraphrasing since its been a few months since it was mentioned.

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard from very reliable source ( guy that used to run bretts message board and is his pilot) that if they do not have success this year that Ted is either going to be let go,or he will have one more chance

That is paraphrasing since its been a few months since it was mentioned.

Pardon me for being a skeptic, but I don't see how Favre's pilot has any insight into the happenings at 1265 Lombardi. More likely, he's just repeating what somebody on Team Favrebilly has wishfully stated.

Obviously, if the Packers crash and burn you're going to look at everything, but anybody who is paying attention can see that Thompson has built an enormously strong and deep roster in his four years here while simultaneously turning our salary cap situation from one of the worst to one of the best.

Yes, he's had some misses in the draft but he's had some real hits, too. He was Executive of the Year just a year ago.

I'd be stunned if the Packers had a real bad season this year and I'd be equally stunned if he was released if we had a mediocre season.

IMO, Thompson is going to be around for quite a while and people should get used to that. In the NFL, stability wins. Look at the most stable franchises.......Giants, Steelers, Titans, Patriots.

Look at the organizations that change direction every couple of years.

Which do you want the Packes to be?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pardon me for being a skeptic, but I don't see how Favre's pilot has any insight into the happenings at 1265 Lombardi. More likely, he's just repeating what somebody on Team Favrebilly has wishfully stated.

Obviously, if the Packers crash and burn you're going to look at everything, but anybody who is paying attention can see that Thompson has built an enormously strong and deep roster in his four years here while simultaneously turning our salary cap situation from one of the worst to one of the best.

Yes, he's had some misses in the draft but he's had some real hits, too. He was Executive of the Year just a year ago.

I'd be stunned if the Packers had a real bad season this year and I'd be equally stunned if he was released if we had a mediocre season.

IMO, Thompson is going to be around for quite a while and people should get used to that. In the NFL, stability wins. Look at the most stable franchises.......Giants, Steelers, Titans, Patriots.

Look at the organizations that change direction every couple of years.

Which do you want the Packes to be?

I can't stand the pilot and think he is one of the most ego driven people I have ever met, he also has ties to people on the board, and if he said that Ted needs to show success this year or he is gone...I am 99.99% confident it's true....

He is just not a pilot, he is much more than that..You don't have to believe it, but I do know he is more involved with Brett than what you think,or know. I have had dealings with him for over 4 years, so I know what he says is more than likely true

also do think that he says things to rile people upbut those

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea thats kinda my thoughts ... green bay isnt going to allow TT to run this team in the dirt ... if we miss the play offs again and have another sub par season ,, id think TT would be just about out the door ... ohh let me resay that ... TT the train has left the station LOL ..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
since he has signed with Eagles no need to have the open anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online