Packers Displeased With Hawk

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's about time Hawk got called out for his lackluster play.
Hopefully he can pick up his play over these last 3 games, it would be something to build on next year.
However, I think Hawk is a pretender and I don't expect to see significant improvement.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would agree that he has not had a great season but I would not call him a pretender. At Ohio State he improved every season incredibly to the monster he was when he entered the draft. I am not sure why he is playing poorly, but I am a firm believer that he will be a pro bowler in the future. Linebackers in general this season are playing poorly. Look at Moss first.

Everyone talks about Barnett being the solid player he is and he had an off season this year. I am a huge Barnett fan, but one trend I have noticed with him is that during his entire career, he misses ALOT of tackles. And I mean alot. He is a dominating force but when I see him one on one with someone in the open field, it always runs through my mind he will blow the tackle.

Just a little rant but maybe the problem is more inside than we think. Just my 2 cents.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Hey ..wake up! He has been playing hurt since the pre-season. Had a lower back and groin injury..stop and give that a thought. He moves side to side in a break down stance as well as back peddling in coverage ????
let him get healthy this off season and let's see what happens....oh and it's hard to play linebacker when your defensive line lets a 315 guard loose on every play who is free to run over you like a truck !

vipercwf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Hawk and want nothing but for him to do good. I was so excited when we drafted him...but for a number 5 overall pick he hasn't lived up to anywhere near whats expected of him. Why is it that historically our top picks have been such busts?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it was only Hawk having a bad year, I'd blame him. But Barnett was doing badly before his injury. Poppinga is being criticized every game for one failure or another. Bishop has mostly been a non factor. Even Chillar has taken criticism in coverage. See ANY correlation? THEY ARE ALL LINEBACKERS!!! Can it be likely that all our LBers are regressing badly? OR could it be the coaches putting the players into bad situations? My heavy bet is that these failures are on the LBer coach. It just CAN'T be only the players suddenly becoming inept. And isn't Moss the LBer coach?? It would seem that he's coated with teflon here. These players try to do what the sideline coach tells them to do. That's their job. But now, those coaches are subtly telling the player to "sometimes ignore what I've told you to do, break off and make another play." IOW, I'm going to criticize you no matter what you do. It's too bad the players are too scared to really speak their minds. That way we MIGHT get to the real truth of the matter.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe a permanent move to MLB will be good for him... he seems more suited to play inside than outside because of his poor ability to play in coverage and exceptional ability to blitz... I think that with improved defensive tackle play (and players, i.e. Albert Hayneworth), Hawk will be able to play more freely and not have to disengage from blockers constantly

Members online

Latest posts