Packers defense

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The Packers defense actually really impressed me this week, they've been holding the Bengals offense to under 200 yards all game, getting 2 turnovers, should we be less worried now?

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Less worried, yes. But we need to wait and see them against better teams during the regular season to make that call.

I have just been really impressed I mean holding the Bengals under 200 yards, getting those interceptions and forced fumbles, I have to say I have a little more faith now.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bengals are not the ultimate team to face on offense but, nevertheless, we did show signs of being able to make plays, get some pressure, and make a goal line stand. I we can keep guys on the field. Teams may try to go over the top down the sideline and challenge our corners in single coverage a lot this year unless we can get pass pressure and some safety help ala Woodson,

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Preseason means nothing. We didn't really gameplan for them. They didn't really gameplan for us. But from a practice perspective, things are looking pretty good.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Preseason means nothing. We didn't really gameplan for them. They didn't really gameplan for us. But from a practice perspective, things are looking pretty good.

either way it was a lot more impressive then what I've seen our 2 other pre-season games so I'm happy and looking forward to week 1.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass rush looks a lot improved from last season, Perry looked strong again, and the run D looks good. Also thought Tramon was spectacular tonight, looks like he's feeling a lot better than he did last year!

Gotta take everything in the pre-season with a grain of salt, but I am encouraged after tonight's showing.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Umm. Anybody know who our 3rd CB is? Behind Tramon and Woodson.. Or who appears to have won in the M.D Jennings/ Jerron McMillian safety battle?

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Pass rush looks a lot improved from last season, Perry looked strong again, and the run D looks good. Also thought Tramon was spectacular tonight, looks like he's feeling a lot better than he did last year!

Gotta take everything in the pre-season with a grain of salt, but I am encouraged after tonight's showing.

I love Tramon he is probably my favorite CB on the Packers! he is a stud, the plays he made on our route to the superbowl were amazing!

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I wanted to see was us putting pressure on the QB, they did just that. I am very pleased with last nights performance, hopefully we can do the same in week 4 :)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will still have trouble slowing down the gunslingers we face this year. What I hope is that we don't let the average QBs carve us out like last year. We face a number of those also this season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no more so than I do the past two teams that kept our offense in check in the preeseason

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bengals gained just 87 yards and five first downs in the first half against the Packers’ No. 1 defense. Going three and out 4 out of their first 6 drives. I know preseason is preseason blah blah blah. But it was the first extended action we got to see with the whole crew out there and they looked gooood. Gave up a few runs bigger than I would have liked to see but when the field got shorter the D got much much tighter. I love the goal to go situation that we saw. Not biting on the PA on first and goal and keeping tight coverage, GREAT penetration on 2nd and goal and the unblocked sack from Walden on 3rd and goal. Perfect.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Umm. Anybody know who our 3rd CB is? Behind Tramon and Woodson.. Or who appears to have won in the M.D Jennings/ Jerron McMillian safety battle?
I think its going to be House and Tramon starting with Hayward the 3rd; Bush 4th and Shields #5. Bush and Shields will probably flop back and forth.

That is for the base, which in my opinion, we are going to be playing a lot more of this season. I think moving from the base last season had more to do with a lack of DL than anything else. That shouldn't be an issue this season.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I think its going to be House and Tramon starting with Hayward the 3rd; Bush 4th and Shields #5. Bush and Shields will probably flop back and forth.

That is for the base, which in my opinion, we are going to be playing a lot more of this season. I think moving from the base last season had more to do with a lack of DL than anything else. That shouldn't be an issue this season.

I actually think Bush is starting.

Members online

Latest posts