Packers cut CB James Nixon

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Well was he hurt? Why didn't he pass?

He suffered meniscus cartilage damage in November and was placed on IR because of it. Not sure that was the reason he didn´t pass his physical though.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I thought he was a good young prospect and played well in pre-season when had a chance. Surprised they gave up him so quickly.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was a good young prospect and played well in pre-season when had a chance. Surprised they gave up him so quickly.

I'm not. Lots depth a corner especially with Hyde not actually switching to FS and drafting another. He would've been buried on the depth chart anyways. packers are like 5 deep at corner.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not. Lots depth a corner especially with Hyde not actually switching to FS and drafting another. He would've been buried on the depth chart anyways. packers are like 5 deep at corner.

Nobody has come out after the draft and said that Hyde won't be moved to safety. Nixon would have been a longshot to make the team but giving up on him now seems premature.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Nobody has come out after the draft and said that Hyde won't be moved to safety. Nixon would have been a longshot to make the team but giving up on him now seems premature.
Nixon - Physical may have exposed something that couldn't be made right.

Hyde - Totally agree. I fully expect Hyde to be starting at safety in week 1. I'd be surprised to see ClintonDix starting this year unless Hyde fails. From what I'm seeing defensively on the roster, I'm expecting to see a lot of different groupings and blitz packages. I doubt whether it's feasible to expect ClintonDix to get all that figured out quickly. Hyde has a one year jump on him.

H

HardRightEdge

McCarthy says Clinton-Dix is in a competitive situation, presumably with Hyde. While I don't doubt that, I believe C-D has the leg up being a first round pick. Any close call based on performance will go to C-D.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy says Clinton-Dix is in a competitive situation, presumably with Hyde. While I don't doubt that, I believe C-D has the leg up being a first round pick. Any close call based on performance will go to C-D.

That's not true at all. It bothers me so much when people talk about "1st round" picks. The only things weighing on a coaches decision on who to start are performance, attitude, and maybe off field behavior. The draft placement has nothing to do with it. If it's close, I guess a deciding factor may be experience. Because experience helps in a lot of ways, especially in division games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HardRightEdge

That's not true at all. It bothers me so much when people talk about "1st round" picks. The only things weighing on a coaches decision on who to start are performance, attitude, and maybe off field behavior. The draft placement has nothing to do with it. If it's close, I guess a deciding factor may be experience. Because experience helps in a lot of ways, especially in division games.

That's naive.

The same logic also applies to guys with expensive contracts or who account for a lot of dead cap. They'll get the benefit of the doubt.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Hyde - Totally agree. I fully expect Hyde to be starting at safety in week 1. I'd be surprised to see ClintonDix starting this year unless Hyde fails. From what I'm seeing defensively on the roster, I'm expecting to see a lot of different groupings and blitz packages. I doubt whether it's feasible to expect ClintonDix to get all that figured out quickly. Hyde has a one year jump on him.

I fully expect Clinton-Dix to be the starter at FS in week 1.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's naive.

The same logic also applies to guys with expensive contracts or who account for a lot of dead cap. They'll get the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe when comparing a 1st rounder to an UDFA. Otherwise I'd still have to disagree with you. Especially in this scenario. I do believe Clinton Dix will be the starter but simply because he will be better at the position.

Members online

Latest posts