Packers concerned about Blackmon.. no shocker there..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
IMO... their concerns are very valid.. can't produce if you can't stay on the field. No matter the talent.

The Packers won’t say this publicly, but we hear that Will Blackmon’s chronically injured right foot is a major source of concern heading into training camp. In fact, there’s some doubt as to whether the young cornerback will be ready when veterans report on July 27. “The foot’s still sore,” said a person familiar with the situation. “At best, Blackmon will practice on a limited basis during the first few weeks of camp. At worst, he could be placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list.” Such a move would sideline the former Boston College standout until at least the end of October....

.....Unfortunately, it’s beginning to look as if fans may never get a chance to see if Blackmon could do for the '08 team what Desmond Howard did for the one in '96.

more...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame.....but sooner or later they have to give up on him if he can't stay on the field.
I like the kid....i want him to play.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame.....but sooner or later they have to give up on him if he can't stay on the field.
I like the kid....i want him to play.
Might have to cut the cord soon.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
right. glad we're on the same page. i actually laughed when i read your post. literally. caught me off guard. i don't know what kind of response i was expecting, but "chop the *****" wasn't it.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. Koren Robinson was a great return man, and cutting loose Blackmon doesn't spell quality in that area of the game.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truth be told we'll know pretty quick with Blackmon - if he survives camp then give him a spot on the team. 70/30 against him in my book.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts