packers.com

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just read a really good article on packers.com it might be a couple days old but i thought it deserved a little respect

basically it was about greg jennings and the way he has condoned the teachings of donald driver to bring the ball down when it is up in the air and fight for yards, also it credits jennings for over comin injuries and pushin forward

maybe this article has already been talked about but it deserves another mention

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know you have a good football team when your veterans are willing to teach your younger players skills which will make them better players overall. Jennings is definitely having a breakout season after having an injruy marred rookie campaign, and I bet you can attribute some of his success from learning from a great reciever like Driver.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet you can attribute some of his success from learning from a great reciever like Driver.

Donald Driver and Gregonomics of course. The Gregarious One always gets straight A's in that subject. :)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also nice to see a young person who actually listens to someone with experience. You don't see that too often. :(

One reason Jennings is so good is he's extremely mature for his age. he has the body of a 25 year old and the maturity of a long-time veteran player.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know you have a good football team when your veterans are willing to teach your younger players skills which will make them better players overall. Jennings is definitely having a breakout season after having an injruy marred rookie campaign, and I bet you can attribute some of his success from learning from a great reciever like Driver.

You can also mention that much of his success is the attention that defenses pay to Driver, along with Driver's advice. Because of Driver, Jennings tends to be in single coverage rather often.

Favre has recognized that very well this year and taken advantage. It used to be Favre's only option was Driver and teams knew they had to shut him down. Now the young WR's and Lee are doing very well, providing Favre with many options. Being the #2 WR, Jennings has benefitted the most. Gotta love it!

GO PACK GO!!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:

You can also mention that much of his success is the attention that defenses pay to Driver, along with Driver's advice. Because of Driver, Jennings tends to be in single coverage rather often.

Favre has recognized that very well this year and taken advantage. It used to be Favre's only option was Driver and teams knew they had to shut him down. Now the young WR's and Lee are doing very well, providing Favre with many options. Being the #2 WR, Jennings has benefitted the most. Gotta love it!

GO PACK GO!!!

Kinda like Ocho Cinco and T.J. Howjamazillik.... maybe not

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Bobby Roberts said:

GO PACK GO!!!

Kinda like Ocho Cinco and T.J. Howjamazillik.... maybe not

Actually I was thinking more like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Wayne is a very good WR, but Harrison made him much better. When Harrison first went down this year, Wayne struggled as the #1 WR. He's picked up his play since, but until that point he benefitted tremendously from the attention that Harrison gets.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts