Packers Biggest Competition In The Nfc Is....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
After watching the games this weekend. I saw what I needed to see. Sure the Niners have Willis, but their secondary can be torched by a team with a smart and accurate QB. Anyone know any teams like that?

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure GB will torch the Niner secondary for huge yards... until they get to the red zone. That's the thing about the Niner D, they'll allow the big yards outside the RZ then clamp down and limit teams to FGs. It happened last night, just as it did with every other team, good or bad, we've played this year.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm sure GB will torch the Niner secondary for huge yards... until they get to the red zone. That's the thing about the Niner D, they'll allow the big yards outside the RZ then clamp down and limit teams to FGs. It happened last night, just as it did with every other team, good or bad, we've played this year.

Ahh, but the Packers score from outside the Red Zone, just...like...that. What it will really boil down to is, who has the fire power to score more points? Double Jennings, Nelson is going long. Double Jennings and Nelson, Finley is going long. There's little a team can do to stop the Packers from scoring. Others have tried. Now if a team can find a way to out score Aaron and the fleet feet fleet, then they'll have a chance to win. The Saints came darn close, but that was because they knew they had to outgun these guys.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh, but the Packers score from outside the Red Zone, just...like...that. What it will really boil down to is, who has the fire power to score more points? Double Jennings, Nelson is going long. Double Jennings and Nelson, Finley is going long. There's little a team can do to stop the Packers from scoring. Others have tried. Now if a team can find a way to out score Aaron and the fleet feet fleet, then they'll have a chance to win. The Saints came darn close, but that was because they knew they had to outgun these guys.
Yes they do. And they do it very well.
I get nervous when opponents are between the 20 and 30 because that's when they have a chance to score a TD. The closer they get to the goal line afterwards, I relax and smile knowing they are most likely to only get 3.

Again, I wouldn't expect a high scoring game. It'll be much like the Giants game... lots of FG's and only a couple TD's.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I will say this, though, if the 49ers beat the Steelers, they'll have my respect. Right now the Steelers are just getting warmed up. (And I really hate to say that.)

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say this, though, if the 49ers beat the Steelers, they'll have my respect. Right now the Steelers are just getting warmed up. (And I really hate to say that.)

Yup, they beat the Pats.

I don't see anyone else in AFC beating PIT in the playoffs.

SuperBowl Rematch???? hmmmmm

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. Yeah that's alright, bro. I mean, if you do, great! But a lot of fans have been saying similar things this year.
"If you beat Tampa I'll believe."
"If you beat Philly I'll believe."
"If you beat Detroit I'll believe."
"If you beat New York I'll believe."

We're 8-1 now and I believe we'll go 15-1 and face the Packers in the NFCCG!

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'm not even sure the Niners will beat the Jekyl and Hyde Ravens, let alone the Steelers.

Ravens are a damn good team. But, sadly they play to the level of their competition as you can see with their losses. I do think they can beat SF at home though. Flacco may have some issues but still so will the Niners offense.

I pick on Flacco as much as the next guy but that was the same dude who just had a game winning drive against Pittsburgh IN Pittsburgh.

Will the real Ravens please stand up. Please stand up........please stand up.

Staff online

Members online