Packers biggest 1st round bust

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like the title says......I want to know what everyone here thinks is the Packers biggest first round bust. To me it was without question........Tony Mandrich. If everyone agree's.........does Mandrich even have any competition at this wonderful award? I remember there was even a rumor, Mandrich made a statement that if the Pack didn't sign him soon.......he was wanting to fight Mike Tyson. We should have waited a little bit longer to sign him if that was the case. It would have been funny.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
turbo69

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why, turbo69, why???? Why in the world would you make this topic, of all topics!

Let's list the worst Packers moments of all time, as well as the best Bears and Vikings moments of all time, while we're at it!!!

-

But on the topic, take a look at this very good article: The WORST Green Bay Packer First Round Draft Picks of the Last 50 Years... | Jersey Al's Packers Blog
Wow PackersRS.........nice article. I am not trying to rain on anyones happiness or parade. I was just thinking about some of our 1st round picks and how they have panned out and such. Then I thought about Mandrich......ran into the bathroom .......puked........and thought wow.......I should ask if anyone else has a sickening thought about a first rounder we have picked in the past. (I said 1st rounders so J. Bush doesn't count).

After reading the article you posted though.........it made me realize we have drafted some pretty ****** players. Saw Brett Fullwood in that column? Haven't heard that name in years.

Anyhow......I am sure we are going to do just fine in this up coming draft. I can't wait. Hopefully it will get us over the hump and on the way to the Superbowl.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark D'Onofrio I think was a 1st. Buckley was a 1st. Ahmad Carrol was a 1st. Mandarich does take the cake though.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow PackersRS.........nice article. I am not trying to rain on anyones happiness or parade. I was just thinking about some of our 1st round picks and how they have panned out and such. Then I thought about Mandrich......ran into the bathroom .......puked........and thought wow.......I should ask if anyone else has a sickening thought about a first rounder we have picked in the past. (I said 1st rounders so J. Bush doesn't count).

After reading the article you posted though.........it made me realize we have drafted some pretty ****** players. Saw Brett Fullwood in that column? Haven't heard that name in years.

Anyhow......I am sure we are going to do just fine in this up coming draft. I can't wait. Hopefully it will get us over the hump and on the way to the Superbowl.
I was just messing with ya ;)

I don't like very much to remember bad memories, but it's all good ;)

To me nothing beats Mandarich. Specially when you consider Barry Sanders one of, if not my favorite player of all time, being passed on by us to take that steroid-bum.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahmad carroll
tony Mandarich
Jamal Reynolds
Justin harrell

that would be my list

You pretty much cannot debate that list. Ahmad Carroll was one of the most frustrating players to watch for me, almost a lot like.......

JARRET BUSH!

The only difference being Carroll was a first rounder. They pretty much do the same thing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mandarich gets the Press but the guy was on the team for 3 years and played. He wasnt all that bad in indy either. I think someone who never even sees the field would be worse. Just judging by the number of games played, Harrell is worse.

Randy Duncan has my vote.

Members online

Latest posts