Packers ask Miami "Whats up with Taylor?"

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I also think we would be better off if we improved and developed from within.

I agree with Packfanforever and Trom. I am not sold on his commitment and he may bring something to the locker-room this team does not need.

I heard something today that blew me away.

Did you all know, that all 22 starters for the Indianapolis Colts (All 22 Sarters.) HAVE NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE DOWN FOR ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL.

ALL 22 STARTERS ARE HOME GROWN.

That blows me away.

that's a killer stat for the Colts. They're a class organization. But, I thought you of all people would be open to the notion of Taylor coming in and playing rejuvenated football. The discussion we're having about Taylor reminds me a LOT of the discussion we were having on Charles Woodson a few years ago.

PS. I'm embarrassed to say that I was one in the minority saying to steer clear of Wood and sign Lavar Arrington! that's why I'm not the GM... there are other reasons too.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
The discussion we're having about Taylor reminds me a LOT of the discussion we were having on Charles Woodson a few years ago.

I came on here this second to say the exact same thing. Stay out of my head, Bozz.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
The discussion we're having about Taylor reminds me a LOT of the discussion we were having on Charles Woodson a few years ago.

I came on here this second to say the exact same thing. Stay out of my head, Bozz.

too late for that. don't resist, you'll only make it worse on yourself.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
bozz_2006 said:

too late for that. don't resist, you'll only make it worse on yourself.

I don't remember discussions about Woodson being more focused on non-football things, just age and injury concerns.

Taylor has Age + Injury + Distractions concerns.

Plus Woodson was coming in at a position we really needed help at. DE isn't really a concern. We have one of the best D Lines in the NFL. KGB will be healthy in a month so he can do his 1 trick pony act on passing downs(our coaches use him well).

Although I'm starting to come around if the price is really really really cheap, and he commits to 2 years. I just hope a decision is made soon so we can move on. I'm starting to become annoyed by this.

TROM....ANGRY!@

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL- R.P. Loves You Bozz

Your right... I was all over Chuck.

But Chuck was never on Dancing On The Stars, and consulting with "The Rock." on how to get into HOLLYWOOD'S INNER CIRCLE of success.

"FOCUS BABY." This team needs FOCUS. I do not want 21 Packer Starters focusing on winning the Superbowl and one focusing on a house on Malibu Beach next door to..... Pierce Bronson, Gary Busey, Cher and **** Clark.

However, I do not blame him for wanting to have Bob Dylan and Nick Nolte walk over for a few drinks on the patio.

That is a hell of a goal. I would love to sit down with Bob and Nick on a Sunday morning... All three of us with lap tops in the Trom Lounge, while watching the game on T.V.

Trom would out drink Nick Nolte though, so that would lower my respect for Nick.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HELL NO. This is a horrible move. I'll take KGB over him any day. He wants a paycheck, and he doesn't like Parcells.

KGB?? Come on. Taylor has more sacks than anyone in the last 4 years and is only two years off of winning the defensive player of the year. KGB had a nice little year last year as a situational player but that's what he is.

Once again the only way the Packers bring Taylor in is if he commits to more than one year. Otherwise one year rental + Miami's asking price will prevent the trade from happening.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say bring him in so long that he commits to the Packers for more than one year. Funny how distractions come at a time when he plays on a horsesh*t team with no light at the end of the tunnel. OK, that may be a little harsh but the point is still there.

Coming in to GB might be exactly what he needs...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say bring him in so long that he commits to the Packers for more than one year. Funny how distractions come at a time when he plays on a horsesh*t team with no light at the end of the tunnel.

exactly.

What if GB got off to a bad start? Would he want a trade then?

He's not about the team, he's about himself. He's showing it now.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I say bring him in so long that he commits to the Packers for more than one year. Funny how distractions come at a time when he plays on a horsesh*t team with no light at the end of the tunnel.

exactly.

I can't argue that Trom and don't want to. I'm just saying that the guy definitely has the talent to make us even better so if his head is on straight and he wants to take GB to the big show and it comes at an affordable price, it might be worth a shot.

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:

exactly.

First of all I don't think there's a chance in hell we end up doing worse than Miami next year. Our team is simply superior to theirs. Therefore, if Taylor actually wants a shot at winning it all, a chance to compete for the trophy, he'd have a much better chance on Green Bay.

You didn't want Randy Moss last year did you? He was just a selfish player because he wanted off the sinking ship that is the Raiders, right? Oh ****, I think I forgot... what record did he break last year? Oh yeah, the TD receptions one, no big deal, I guess, though...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
NDPackerFan said:

exactly.

First of all I don't think there's a chance in hell we end up doing worse than Miami next year. Our team is simply superior to theirs. Therefore, if Taylor actually wants a shot at winning it all, a chance to compete for the trophy, he'd have a much better chance on Green Bay.

You didn't want Randy Moss last year did you? He was just a selfish player because he wanted off the sinking ship that is the Raiders, right? Oh ****, I think I forgot... what record did he break last year? Oh yeah, the TD receptions one, no big deal, I guess, though...

That's what I'm saying. Sometimes these players need a fresh start and they come out hungrier than ever. Is it a crapshoot? Sure it is. The thing is that GB is so close to getting over the hump that a Jason Taylor might just be the missing link, you never know.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
NDPackerFan said:

exactly.

Don't blow a gasket, kid.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChiliMaddensChili said:
tromadz said:
NDPackerFan said:

exactly.

Don't blow a gasket, kid.

Yeah... responding to facts and examples with an animated gif.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and a link.

and for the record, I was always on the fence about Moss. I said it was going to be either the best or worst thing to happen to the franchise. We never found out. Now stop being an ******** or I will spank you.

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChiliMaddensChili said:

and a link.

and for the record, I was always on the fence about Moss. I said it was going to be either the best or worst thing to happen to the franchise. We never found out. Now stop being an ******** or I will spank you.

Yeah a link about rhetorical questions, I forgot. But I'm pretty sure I know how to use them, as I already DID in my response to you. See:

" He was just a selfish player because he wanted off the sinking ship that is the Raiders, right? Oh ****, I think I forgot... what record did he break last year? "

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
ChiliMaddensChili said:

and a link.

Yeah a link about rhetorical questions, I forgot. But I'm pretty sure I know how to use them, as I already DID in my response to you.

Then why did you get so hyped up to my post, going on about Packers\Miami and Taylor\Moss comparisons?

You won't win this.

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChiliMaddensChili said:
tromadz said:
ChiliMaddensChili said:

and a link.

Yeah a link about rhetorical questions, I forgot. But I'm pretty sure I know how to use them, as I already DID in my response to you.

Then why did you get so hyped up to my post, going on about Packers\Miami and Taylor\Moss comparisons?

You won't win this.

I said I know how to use them. Just because a question is rhetorical doesn't mean I can't respond to it if it helps my argument.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said I know how to use them.

Now you're just repeating what you just said? Really?

K, I'll end this.

I said Taylor is selfish and questioned his commitment if GB got off to a bad start. You went off on some tangent, saying I compared Miami\GB, which I didn't. You're just kind of crazy(or something else). Then for fun you brought up Randy Moss, compared him to Taylor, and then said I didn't want Moss, which I didn't say.

You're wrong. You're weird. This is done.

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now you're just repeating what you just said? Really?

Yes I was repeating myself because you obviously didn't grasp what I said. You were acting like the universe was going to end because I answered your 'rhetorical question'. Just because a rhetorical question expects no answer doesn't mean I can't give an unexpected answer to a rhetorical question.

You went off on some tangent, saying I compared Miami\GB, which I didn't.

I never said that you compared the two. I was merely commenting on the ridiculousness of your rhetorical questions. Honestly, who would request a trade with one team, have their wish granted and be traded to a playoff contending team, and then have the nerve to request another trade before the year was over?

Then for fun you brought up Randy Moss, compared him to Taylor, and then said I didn't want Moss, which I didn't say.

Actually I didn't know whether or not you had said that (seeing as I only just registered), but had just assumed that was the case based on your stance on this issue... but I do remember ending that with a question mark. Believe it or not, this issue is actually kind of similar to the one we're dealing with right now.... Proven veteran on a struggling team wants out.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to go along with Cheesey on this one. I will get excited IF the top brass brings him on board.
I think the current GB team has shown that they can evaluate talent. So if he is for real and the price is right they will work out a deal.

Members online

Latest posts