Packers are ranked #1 in pass defense

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in fewest passing yards given up . 8th in total defense . Just thought i'd throw in a few positive stats . GO PACK ! GB-27 -Det -10

Reaction score
Only stat that matters is W-L. Bears have 32 ranked O, yet are Division Leaders. In the end, I wouldn't care if the Packers had the worst D and the Worst O as long as they had the record where it most counts, Wines and Losses.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears have over twice as many interceptions and the Packers have given up over twice as many touchdowns passes while having 76 fewer passes thrown against them. They need to make stops in the red zone and create turnovers and they are not doing that. That is why they are giving up twice as many points per game as the Bears are. Not starting anything, just a fact.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with the statement that the stat does not matter as when building a team for the future you have to focus on the strengths as well as working on the weak areas. Thanks for the positive post and please don't be sucked into some of the negativity around here as of late.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a bullsh1t stat. The Packers have trailed 90% of the time this year. Teams haven't had to throw on them. If the Packers would jump out to a lead then you would see teams throw the ball alot more. Besides...we haven't exactly gone up against a passing team besides Cincinnati.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only defensive stat that should truly count is the points allowed per game. That, above all, wouold give you a better perspective of the team's D.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packman31 said:
We will see how good they are this week when they play the Steeler's.

The same was said when the Bears played the Panthers and Buccaneers. What will then be said if the Bears do beat the Steelers? Will it also be said when they play the Falcons, then Packers then Vikings? Then it will be said "see how they do in the playoffs." How many times is that "wait when they play a real team" scenario going to prove inadequate before you see that the Bears are for real?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Props to the Bears season. They can lose the last 4 and they will have surpassed expectations. Having said that....now the pressure is on. They have put themselves in a position to win the division and even get a bye. Unfortunately, their offense won't hold up in the playoffs, but this is certainly a year that they can build on.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This statistic is mostly an artifact of other teams not needing to pass on the Packers, but I do think we have the makings of a very good secondary in a year or two. Al Harris is having a tremendous season. Ahmad Carroll started poorly but has settled down and is playing decently as of late. Collins and Roman have had their ups and downs, but overall they've been pretty good. The nickel and dime backs have been problems this season, though. I honestly don't even know who they are right now. Hawkins and Underwood, maybe? Or are they still using that awful Jason Horton? Joey Thomas and Earl Little obviously were failures.

Anyway, the pass rush is showing some life as well, particularly with Aaron Kampman becoming a true pass-rushing threat for the first time in his career. If only we had Jim Bates last year, instead of Slowik, when the offense was still good. If only....If only....That thought keeps me up at night.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
packman31 said:

The same was said when the Bears played the Panthers and Buccaneers. What will then be said if the Bears do beat the Steelers? Will it also be said when they play the Falcons, then Packers then Vikings? Then it will be said "see how they do in the playoffs." How many times is that "wait when they play a real team" scenario going to prove inadequate before you see that the Bears are for real?

Plus they have also beaten the possibly playoff bound Vikings by 25 points this year. I have already had this very same argument in the NFL news forum. Unless the Bears win the rest of their games, finish 13-3 and then go on to win the Super Bowl then there will be a few here who still believe that they suck for some reason.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless the Bears win the rest of their games, finish 13-3 and then go on to win the Super Bowl then there will be a few here who still believe that they suck for some reason. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a Packer Forum, I would hope most here would always think The Bears suck, no matter their record.

The have surprised and impressed this year.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize the Bears are in first place and have very good defense. However, you noticed I did not say anything about the Bear offense. However what I saw last Sunday in Soldier Field. I would have say,as others have already said. THIS is not The Super Bowl Bear defense of 1985. It has a way to go to measure up to that Bear Defense and especially the present Bear offense is no where like Jim McMahon and Bear Super Bowl offense. I would say This Bear team would have problem in post season and will have a hard time getting to the Super Bowl and especially winning the Super Bowl. Unless every team in Postseasaon that plays the Bears "Shoots themselves in foot" like the 2-10 Green Bay Packers did last Sunday and have done all season. The packers get one more shot at the Bears in historic Lambeau Field on Christmas Day. Hopefully they can find a way not to "shoot themselves in foot" and give the Packer fans a big Christmas present--A Packer victory over the first place Chicago Bears after they ambush the Detriot Lions this Sunday.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the bears suck, they don't have an effective offense, they will never win a superbowl with a poor offense if they are going up against teams like the colts.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What it DOES show is the defense is improving. No one would have confused recent defensive squads with stat leaders, would they?

By the way, go to NFL.com and vote for Al Harris for the Pro Bowl. I just read the second receiver who said Al is the best DB they've faced this year.

Beab66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They haven't faced Manning, Brady, Plummer, McNabb, or Rothlisburger(ok I'll give you Carson Palmer) or any of the real leaders. What they have seen is Harrington, Orton, Batch, Dilfer, Brad Johnson, a mixed game of halves from Culpepper, and Mike McMahon. The latter are guys to build your stats on! I agree, Harris is having a great season. He's got my vote!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Miskito said:
packman31 said:

Plus they have also beaten the possibly playoff bound Vikings by 25 points this year. I have already had this very same argument in the NFL news forum. Unless the Bears win the rest of their games, finish 13-3 and then go on to win the Super Bowl then there will be a few here who still believe that they suck for some reason.

Sorry Phil. It's in my DNA to always think the Bears suck...even when they don't. :D

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
Miskito said:
packman31 said:

Sorry Phil. It's in my DNA to always think the Bears suck...even when they don't. :D
Totally understood! :D

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beab66 said:
They haven't faced Manning, Brady, Plummer, McNabb, or Rothlisburger(ok I'll give you Carson Palmer) or any of the real leaders. What they have seen is Harrington, Orton, Batch, Dilfer, Brad Johnson, a mixed game of halves from Culpepper, and Mike McMahon. The latter are guys to build your stats on! I agree, Harris is having a great season. He's got my vote!

It would be pretty hard for them to have faced Orton don't you think?
They did face Delhomme (8 sacks, 2 INTs, 0 TDs, and assault & battery) Favre (2 INTs, 3 fumbles, 2 sacks, 0 TDs, and a heavy beating) Culpepper (4 sacks, 2 INTs, 0 TDS, and numerous knock downs)
That's 3 pro bowl QBs, zero TDs allowed, 14 sacks, 6 INTs and three physical *** whippings.
:stop:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mauk10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Beab66 said:

They did face Delhomme (8 sacks, 2 INTs, 0 TDs, and assault & battery) Favre (2 INTs, 3 fumbles, 2 sacks, 0 TDs, and a heavy beating) Culpepper (4 sacks, 2 INTs, 0 TDS, and numerous knock downs)
That's 3 pro bowl QBs, zero TDs allowed, 14 sacks, and three physical *** whippings.

Phil, I think that coment was aimed towards the Packers pass defense, not the Bears.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mauk10 said:
Philtration said:
Beab66 said:

That's 3 pro bowl QBs, zero TDs allowed, 14 sacks, and three physical *** whippings.

Phil, I think that coment was aimed towards the Packers pass defense, not the Bears.

Your right. I guess that I posted those Bears photos for nothing. I should remove them..... but I wont. I really want them to whip Vick’s *** real good! :p

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here's how you beat the bears....

1. Kick a FG early or have your defense score...
2. Have your offense kneel down for 3 plays...
3. Punt...

The Bear's offense absolutely SUCKS and can not score on anybody...

(courtesy of Coach Red Beaulieu from the Waterboy movie...)

Or..else you just come up with a gameplan that uses the TE's behind or infront of the LB's and block somebody for 3 damn seconds...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts