PACKERS ARE DONE...HERE'S A PROPOSITION...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: PACKERS ARE DONE...HERE'S A PROPOSITION...

Zero2Cool said:
I don't know if Brett would want to go through learning another new system like the Jags. Maybe the Eagles or someone who runs a similar offense?

What would be fair compensation for a three time MVP who has a SB ring and virtually every meaningful passing record attainable in the next season or two?

He aint doing it...Didnt he bluntly say he wont go anywhere else..

Strike that, he did say something like..I wont play for another team..Even tho he also added he didnt foresee it happening but things change..But I think he is 99.99999999999% sure he wont play for another team

He has said he will not play for another team, many many times, however I thought this was hypothetical. :shrug:

I jus don't see what would be a fair trade for both teams.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Once again Zero...i am afraid my posts are beyond your comprehension.....

The post at the time was based on the fact that TT was being less than honest with Brett in the fact that TT CLAIMED he wasn't rebuilding the whole Packer team at the time, and the belief that TT's honest intent was to field a competitive team for that year that was going to try and WIN GAMES NOW...

(That's always has been the assumption that Brett Favre has operated under...imo)

AT THAT TIME...Brett would have been totally justified in approaching management to ask what was going on in light of his situation, and request a trade if the team wasn't committed to winning NOW. It is my belief that TT was less than honest with him at that time and kept him in the dark about his full intentions....But to Brett's credit, he stayed with the Pack anyway....

Fast forward to today..and we STILL don't know if the tight-lipped TT intends to help Brett out with any OFFENSIVE WEAPONS....

I wonder if Brett knows either?

Another thing I wonder Zero, is why are you digging up posts that are 1 1/2 years old?

What could possibly be the motivation besides trying to stir up some **** on your's, or perhaps...some other poster's behalf that may be speaking through you..???

I don't know..it seems strange to me that you would dig up this old post...

But I've got a question for you Zero instead....

After the '05 season, there were many voices here saying that Favre should either be benched, cut, or traded because he has simply "lost it"....and is not the QB that he once was, or even a decent QB in the NFL anymore...

Do you think TT should cut or trade Favre at this point in his career (like they did to McNair) because he can't cut it anymore in the NFL?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

longtimefan said:
Zero2Cool said:
I don't know if Brett would want to go through learning another new system like the Jags. Maybe the Eagles or someone who runs a similar offense?

What would be fair compensation for a three time MVP who has a SB ring and virtually every meaningful passing record attainable in the next season or two?

Strike that, he did say something like..I wont play for another team..Even tho he also added he didnt foresee it happening but things change..But I think he is 99.99999999999% sure he wont play for another team

He has said he will not play for another team, many many times, however I thought this was hypothetical. :shrug:

so if you feel he wont accept a trade why even bother bringing it up, unless its just for **** and ggigles?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
longtimefan said:
Zero2Cool said:

so if you feel he wont accept a trade why even bother bringing it up, unless its just for **** and ggigles?

Why even bring up old posts?

Is it THAT boring around here?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
longtimefan said:
Zero2Cool said:

Hypothetically speaking.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

P@ck66 said:

Do you think TT should cut or trade Favre at this point in his career (like they did to McNair) because he can't cut it anymore in the NFL?

There was mention of trading Brett, I simply asked if people think it should be considered now. AADP replied, I then asked what would one consider 'fair' trade for him?

Comprehending your post has nothing to do with anything, hell I didn't even read all of your post, so I guess yea, I didn't comprehend it. lol

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

P@ck66 said:

There was mention of trading Brett, I simply asked if people think it should be considered now. AADP replied, I then asked what would one consider 'fair' trade for him?

Comprehending your post has nothing to do with anything, hell I didn't even read all of your post, so I guess yea, I didn't comprehend it. lol

You bumped a post that was 1 1/2 years old...

I just questioned why you would do such a thing!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

P@ck66 said:

Not sure what is so hard to comprehend about this ...
Should we still consider trading Brett?

Yes, a year an half later or whatever. Should we still consider trading him? This is a new off season. New year.

Instead of losing all the quality responses that were posted by making a new thread, I simply bumped this one.

I really don't understand why a select few get so riled up about past posts. Is is it because you fear what you said in the past will contradict what you are saying now? Get over it, its gonna happen no matter how careful you are .. you will have someone find some perceptioin of contradiction in your posts.

BACK to the damn topic already...

Should we consider trading Brett? If so, what would be fair compensation for the man?

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raider Pride said:
Any GM in the NFL who would give the Packers a First Round Pick for Brett would lose his job faster than Sherman is losing his.

Reality.... Please. Brett looks so pissed off right now that I would not blame him if he just jumped on a flight down South and never came back across the Northern side of the Mason Dixie line again.

Think about it 66.... Who on earth would give a first rounder next year for Brett?

RP

The Jets or any team who legitimately feels they have a shot at the Super Bowl within the next 2 seasons.

The Jets surely fit the bill.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Instead of assuming the Packers must win every football game, why not assume the team is in transition, and after a rocky road will be in position to win in the future?

Then why hold Brett Favre prisoner on a rebuilding team?

Let Favre go to a Super Bowl contender and let QB Aaron Rodgers play and grow with the rest of the team in the rebuilding effort.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

net said:
Instead of assuming the Packers must win every football game, why not assume the team is in transition, and after a rocky road will be in position to win in the future?

Then why hold Brett Favre prisoner on a rebuilding team?

Let Favre go to a Super Bowl contender and let QB Aaron Rodgers play and grow with the rest of the team in the rebuilding effort.

As I said before I no longer seeing any value in this point. What team can Favre go to with a better chance of getting to the SB than us? We are already being viewed as potentially going deep into the playoffs with a few good off season moves.

Last year? Yeah. Many more question marks last year. This year? Nah. If he's going to play he might as well stay right where he is.

How long do you think this rebuilding period is going to last? We are about 3 or 4 players from being there. Yes, we will always be trying to improve and adding depth, keeping an eye out for positions we're getting a little old in, etc. All teams do that.

But management, the coaching staff, and, the players expect to be a contender next year. Make no bones about it.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL

Zero2Cool said:

And that was back in... what? September? Right now, NEVER! He will never play for another team period, I can say that with 100% confidence, because at this point its either come back in Green and Gold or jump on the tractor for life...

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL

P@ck66 said:
The Green BAy Packers are in dire straits...

1. They Have no o-line..therefore, no running game or qb protection....
2. Receivers...they have none...Fergy sucks..Driver can't do it all...(at least they've thrown to the tight end a couple times..i guess that's something)
3. DB's suck..plain and simple...i know they're rookies..but they still SUCK!
(D-Line and LB's seem to be playing better than last year though)
4. Play calling is HORRIBLE...(when you have no running game because your line is decimated and sucks..why try to run on 3rd and 3 for a 1st down against a 5 man front?) Why throw shovel passes and screens that don't work?....i'll tell you why...because Rossley and Sherman are morons that don't what they are doing..that is why!
(What they should do is try to work the middle of the field with the tight end and receivers behind the linebackers to soften the defense up a little)

The Packers have become a very ONE-DIMENSIONAL TEAM people...You can't blame Brett Favre for this fiasco..Hell..one ball was right in Ferguson's gut and he let the DB snatch it away..what the hell?

Here is my proposition TT...i hope your listening....

TRADE BRETT FAVRE TO THE JETS..OR ANY OTHER TEAM THAT NEEDS A QB AND THAT LEGITIMATELY HAS A SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR...AND HAS SOME RECEIVERS AND TALENT ON IT.....I'M SERIOUS...SHERMAN HAS RUINED THIS TEAM..AS I HAVE PREDICTED!

It is the only decent thing to do, since you've basically deserted him and left him bereft of talent....perhaps on purpose for your "rebuilding project"

You at least owe him that much....If you are really serious about rebuilding..TRADE HIM for a first rounder next year and start Aaron Rodgers....you will not win more games this year...or be better off without him...but the team is yours now..and you have your 3-5 years to rebuild...

There basically is no team left anymore and you are starting from scratch anyway...so let him go...He deserves better coaches than these IGNORAMOUSES...!

yeah, btw, even tho this was written back after the Eagles loss, do we still think we have TEs and, ummm, NO DB's and LB's!

Ha, its so funny how much our team has changed... THANK GOD!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Looking at all the playoff teams this year which teams would want Favre? Now I'm not saying every QB in the playoffs are better than Favre. I'm not saying we should trade Favre. I'm saying can Favre honestly be in a better position than he is right now? I don't think so. New England, New Orleans, Indy, Baltimore, Seattle, San Diego and Dallas aren't going to take him. Chicago and Kansas City are the only teams I think that would want him but Favre would have to learn a brand new system in either or and you know Lovie Smith isn't going to replace Grossman after getting to the Super Bowl. So really all this talk is just people spouting off their mouth. I really don't see a better situation for Favre (where he would be wanted) than the Pack right now.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What is funny is some of you missed that the ORIGINAL THREAD is two years old. If you look at the posting dates on page one, it says 2005...on this page it's from a couple days ago.

I do this too, from time-to-time, to reemphasize a point that has been lost over the months.

One thing this showed me is Pack66 in his "prime". I like the new and improved Pack66 who stays to topic.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

our team is alot better tyhan expected so we keep brett he will get us to the s.b. this coming year i'm just going on faith but we do have good players coming along

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

P@ck66 said:

Not sure what is so hard to comprehend about this ...
Should we still consider trading Brett?

Yes, a year an half later or whatever. Should we still consider trading him? This is a new off season. New year.

Instead of losing all the quality responses that were posted by making a new thread, I simply bumped this one.

I really don't understand why a select few get so riled up about past posts. Is is it because you fear what you said in the past will contradict what you are saying now? Get over it, its gonna happen no matter how careful you are .. you will have someone find some perceptioin of contradiction in your posts.

BACK to the damn topic already...

Should we consider trading Brett? If so, what would be fair compensation for the man?

P@ck66,

My Friend...

I do not think any of us need to go back in time and ***** about a post that was bumped. It happened.... It was bumped. It may have been in the best interest of this forum as a whole ,I have no idea, nor do I want to focus my time (As a reader of this thread.) on on why it was.

I do not think for a moment that Zero is a threat to freedom of speach on this forum with an agenda. Like you P@ck66, Zero is who he is, like all of us here... A good person I would think, and a passionate debator.

Zero and I have had one challenge here about our opinions, or what we thought was the opinon of the other's opinion.

The funny thing is, I read what I wrote the next day and looked at it different. I saw Zero's point, and am sure he read it the next day and looked at it from my point. Mind you I had a few to many pops when I posted mine so he may have been righter than I.

I let it go, did not continue a contribution to the thread and either did Zero. It ended and I think we both made our point, right or wrong.

To bring up a post that was deleted so long ago is kind of hanging onto the past.

Let it go.

You are both right.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift..... That is why we call it the present.

RP

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you thinking that Favre is going to get you a lot in return in a trade?
It would have to be a contending team that would want him in the first place and they pick at the bottom of the draft.
You are not going to get a first round pick for a 37 year-old QB or a quality player in return let alone two.

Look at Randy Moss. A great receiver who is younger than Favre and would not have to adjust as much to pick up a new offense yet the Raiders cannot even get a 3rd round pick for him.

Trading Favre is not going to rebuild your team. It will only make way for it to start and it is not going to happen in one or two years.
If the Packers really wanted to get something in return that helped make an impact the time to do it was 3 years ago.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you thinking that Favre is going to get you a lot in return in a trade?
It would have to be a contending team that would want him in the first place and they pick at the bottom of the draft.
You are not going to get a first round pick for a 37 year-old QB or a quality player in return let alone two.

Look at Randy Moss. A great receiver who is younger than Favre and would not have to adjust as much to pick up a new offense yet the Raiders cannot even get a 3rd round pick for him.

Trading Favre is not going to rebuild your team. It will only make way for it to start and it is not going to happen in one or two years.
If the Packers really wanted to get something in return that helped make an impact the time to do it was 3 years ago.

The right thing for Ted Thompson and the Packers to do would be to just release Brett Favre. This way Favre could decide whether to retire or play for another NFL team of his choice.

TT could then move on with his boy Aaron Rodgers at QB and his rebuilding project. It would be win-win for Brett Favre and for the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts