Packers and Giants -- In Search of a Defense and a Running Game

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Fans:

Well, like I said last week, if the Packers don't find a defense and a running game, forget about the playoffs, no less the SuperBowl. Proved 100% correct today.

SanFran has NO QB and NO OFFENSE -- and yet they made the Packers look silly. That's because it appears you did next to nothing to improve your defense, which the NYG exposed as poor to worse last year. Still think the NYG demolition of the Packers last year in the playoffs was a fluke? Be honest.

NYG also have major problems. Cowboys have the worst offensive line in football, yet the NYG couldn't get real pressure on Romo in the 2nd quarter going forward. And on offense, the running game was putrid, the O-Line overmatched.

Prediction: For both the Packers and the NYG -- they both need to find a defense and a running game quickly, or this year will suck!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You lost to Romo, we lost to a top 5 defense, something your team won't even be

Go back to your Giants forum and whine about losing to Jerruh's team.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You lost to Romo, we lost to a top 5 defense, something your team won't even be

Go back to your Giants forum and whine about losing to Jerruh's team.

Stop that crap -- answer the points made. You must be seriously bummed!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Fans:

Well, like I said last week, if the Packers don't find a defense and a running game, forget about the playoffs, no less the SuperBowl. Proved 100% correct today.

SanFran has NO QB and NO OFFENSE -- and yet they made the Packers look silly. That's because it appears you did next to nothing to improve your defense, which the NYG exposed as poor to worse last year. Still think the NYG demolition of the Packers last year in the playoffs was a fluke? Be honest.

NYG also have major problems. Cowboys have the worst offensive line in football, yet the NYG couldn't get real pressure on Romo in the 2nd quarter going forward. And on offense, the running game was putrid, the O-Line overmatched.

Prediction: For both the Packers and the NYG -- they both need to find a defense and a running game quickly, or this year will suck!

Last years team isn't this years team. The giants team that won the SB isn't the same as the one that missed the playoffs.

That being said, yes, the packers beat themselves last season against the giants.

The packers losing to the 9ers does not prove otherwise just like the giants losing to the boys doesn't prove me right,

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Giants loss was a lot worse. SB winners are supposed to win their opener, It's an unwritten rule.

Instead you left it up to the Jets to represent New York this week. Be ashamed Giants. Be very ashamed!

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers beat themselves? Take two aspirin and call the doctor in the morning -- you're hallucinating.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants loss was a lot worse. SB winners are supposed to win their opener, It's an unwritten rule.

Instead you left it up to the Jets to represent New York this week. Be ashamed Giants. Be very ashamed!

Jets are the definition of irrelevant. One win means something only to a bunch of losers like the Jets.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last years team isn't this years team. The giants team that won the SB isn't the same as the one that missed the playoffs.

That being said, yes, the packers beat themselves last season against the giants.

The packers losing to the 9ers does not prove otherwise just like the giants losing to the boys doesn't prove me right,

I am sorry but the Giants came to play and beat the Packers. The packers were rusty on offence and their defence did what it does best, not stopping anyone.

The Giants were the better team in that game, and the Giants alone beat the packers. Keep saying that the packers beat themselves to make yourself feel better but the fact remains the Packers where schooled in that game.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If a running game is necessary/offense, then I'd say you are sorely mistaken about SF. They have a few talented recievers (recievers can make a qb look good) and I believe they proved that you do not need a qb when all you do is run the ball. You guys proved twice that you don't need a qb to win a superbowl. I agree with Matthews, you didn't beat us, matter of fact, we never showed up. Quite frankly our passing just didn't come together, just like tonight.
So much for "the best defensive line in pro football"
what pray tell is your defense missing? You touted your DL all last year, your corners are effective, and you have an excellent safety tandem. I guess it could be your LB corp, but it comes down to cohesion IMO. As for your run game, If Ahmad Bradshaw wasn't cutting it, why did you draft his clone in the 1st this past year. Both of our teams are draft and develop. That means we are dependent on the strength of our draft. To "miss" completely undermines any attempt we might make to find success, and equally important is the ability to develop through coaching. We have some of the best position coaches in football, so I have no doubt that our players will develop quite nicely. How about you, Mr. Underbridge?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Wait, wait, Did a Gnats fan just come here to talk garbage? After being beating by the non-playoff Cowboys?
I used to love watching Redskins/Cowboys like every other red blooded American football fan. Now I can circle Gnats/Boys too. Go Boys!

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fellow NY Giants fans,

Show some class and show these folks the respect they deserve on their home board. If any of them disrespect you on our board then deal with it over there. These folks are great fans of a great franchise with a great history. Both our teams share history with one another since we came in NFL in 1925. I may be mistaken but I think Packers came in NFL in 1921. They have 13 NFL Championships and when I went to Lambeau Field, the fans there made me feel at home and were some od the nicest fans I have ever met.

When we beat them in playoffs last post season it was a wonderfull feat and I am very proud of our victory. Now please, stop writing nonsense and gloating over it because that belittles our teams accomplishment.

These are food folks that love ro talk about Xs and Os and they have a deep love for their team. I love NY Giants and I love Eli Manning but when I post over here I realize I am a guest, this is their home board and this is Mr. Rodgers neighborhood. I show these folks the same respect I would appreciate when a guest comes to our board.

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alex Smith is for real. San Francisco 49ers are for real and their defense is awesome.

Keep your heads up because what happenned today was the same thing that happenned to is when we played 49ers in regular season last year. In that game they pressurred and threw Eli Manning a beating. They kept coming with tenacious ferocity showing no mercy. They were ravenous and didn't let up till Eli Manning made a mistake and threw a game ending INT in 4th quarter just like what happenned to Arod today. Just like Eli did last year, Arod showed heart and kept fighting till the end. That loss for us during the regular season last year was a blessing for us. Because of that regular season game, Eli Manning experienced forst hand what the San Francisco 49ers defense is all about. When we met them in NFC Championship Game, Eli Manning was able to adapt and adjust. He took a terrible beating and frustrated that 49er defense to no end. He played mistake free and as well as a QB can play against defense until our ST were able to force 49er mistake on ST and when they did, Eli jumped all over it. We were lucky that we played 49ers earlier during the regular season. If Packers make playoffs and meet San Francisco again and just like our beloved Eli, Arod will have a chance to adapt and adjust because he also experienced first hand the severity and lethality of 49er defense. If they meet it remains to be seen what Arod will do and I think he will rise to occassion giving Packers great chance in game.

It was not so much that Arod was off as it was that San Francisco defense was just really on.

San Francisco addressed their holes on offense with off season moves and it would appear they have vastly improved in that area.

Dallas Cownoys addeessed their weakness on defense, correcting it and refortifying their secondary during off season. Demarco Murray has returned healthy improving their run game drastically.

Green Bay Packers glaring weakness from last season was their defense. I read that this weakness was addressed during off season with the addition of draft picks as well as signing other personnell. After veiwing game one it would appear this effort to fix this weakness was not successfull. It would also appear that there offensive line is still weak.

NY Giants weakness from last season at secondary and the miserable offensive line have not improved. Just as San Francisco exploited Green Bay's obvious weaknesses, Dallas Cowboys did the same to NY Giants.

Teams throughout NFL have circles around the dates they play NY Giants and circles around dates they play Green Bay Packers. You guys were 15-1 last season and fielded one of the most potent offenses om the history of the NFL. We are the defending Super Bowl Champions. Our opponents will be ferociously trying to destroy us. A lot of those opponents have addressed their weaknesses and gotten better. Judging from what we have seen from Week 1, neither Green Bay Packers nor NY Giants have improved their weaknesses. It is only one game down so we need to see if that is the case or if we just had off weeks. I have a staunch suspicion that our weaknesses are still very much there and both of is may once again require Mr. Rodgers and Mr. Manning to carry our repective teams until healthy and our weaknesses are repaired.

Once again My Fellow NY Giants Fans,

Exhibit a little humility and show some respect on our friend's home board. Enjoy the company and have some dun talking Xs and Os with these nice people.

Green Bay Packers fans,

Thank you for the hospitality and good luck to you this season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sorry but the Giants came to play and beat the Packers. The packers were rusty on offence and their defence did what it does best, not stopping anyone.

The Giants were the better team in that game, and the Giants alone beat the packers. Keep saying that the packers beat themselves to make yourself feel better but the fact remains the Packers where schooled in that game.

You must be very insecure if you come on a packers board looking for confirmation that the giants aren't an overrated team after getting destroyed by the boys.

No playoffs for you.

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be very insecure if you come on a packers board looking for confirmation that the giants aren't an overrated team after getting destroyed by the boys.

No playoffs for you.

I have tried to explain to folks to be humble to show respect on someone elses home board.

As I have stated in posts in others threads that although Green Bay Packers did not bring their A game in the playoffs because they were unfocused and jacked up due to one of their coaches sons dying that I am still proud because Packers were the number one team in NFL at the time. In week 13 we were still missing a good deal of players due to injuries and we were a very infocused team but to savage beating we recieved by NO Saints the previous Monday night. Aaron Rodgers and Packers did exactly what they were suppossed to do and that was to jump all over us and exploit our weakened condition. Arod was able to fully exploit our depleted defense and ragtag secondary paticularly on the final game winning drive.

I have told some of My Fellow NY Giants Fans that when they come on different board and beat their chests gloating about it that it cheapens our wonderful victory at Lambeau Field.

We lost to San Francisco 49ers in our regular season game too. Eli Manning learned from it and would not be denied in the postseason rematch at CandleStick Park. If Packers and 49ers are fortunate enough to make playoffs and face one another it will be interesting to see if Arod rises to the occassion.

Alex Smith is a very good and San Fransisco 49ers have a much improved offense. In my opinion they have the best defense in NFL.

Heres to hoping that next time GB Packers and NY Giants meet that we both are healthy as well as both bringing our A games.

Have a wonderful day, thank you for the hospitality on your board and good luck to you this season. Just as Eli did, I think Arod will also rebound and rise to occassion against 49ers if they meet again in playoffs. Hold you head up because Arod showed a lot of heart in yesterdays game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ty bigblue for coming here..

While I understand Giant fans were excited for the SB win, why come here to rub it in our face we lost the 1st game just like the Giants did

I dont think any of our guys are over there rubbing it in

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Fans:

True, and TROLL!!!

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longtime, these clowns do that because like IVO stated they are probably insecure and the types of fair weather fans that hide their heads when we lose. Notice that he didn't come over here after we lost to Cowboys but waited till you lost to San Francisco.

Mark my words longtime fan, if you face 49ers in playoffs you are going to be grateful for yesterdays loss just like I was last season for ours because now they won't catch Arod by surprise. You guys cant go 15-1 every year but you will be fine.

The best thing to do with clowns that come here to cause trouble is to either ignore them or just ban them. We have so much shared history between our two franchises that it makes me ashamed that a NY Giant fan would come over here and address you guys like that.

NACHOMAN

Sailing the seas of cheese
Reaction score
I have tried to explain to folks to be humble to show respect on someone elses home board.

As I have stated in posts in others threads that although Green Bay Packers did not bring their A game in the playoffs because they were unfocused and jacked up due to one of their coaches sons dying that I am still proud because Packers were the number one team in NFL at the time. In week 13 we were still missing a good deal of players due to injuries and we were a very infocused team but to savage beating we recieved by NO Saints the previous Monday night. Aaron Rodgers and Packers did exactly what they were suppossed to do and that was to jump all over us and exploit our weakened condition. Arod was able to fully exploit our depleted defense and ragtag secondary paticularly on the final game winning drive.

I have told some of My Fellow NY Giants Fans that when they come on different board and beat their chests gloating about it that it cheapens our wonderful victory at Lambeau Field.

We lost to San Francisco 49ers in our regular season game too. Eli Manning learned from it and would not be denied in the postseason rematch at CandleStick Park. If Packers and 49ers are fortunate enough to make playoffs and face one another it will be interesting to see if Arod rises to the occassion.

Alex Smith is a very good and San Fransisco 49ers have a much improved offense. In my opinion they have the best defense in NFL.

Heres to hoping that next time GB Packers and NY Giants meet that we both are healthy as well as both bringing our A games.

Have a wonderful day, thank you for the hospitality on your board and good luck to you this season. Just as Eli did, I think Arod will also rebound and rise to occassion against 49ers if they meet again in playoffs. Hold you head up because Arod showed a lot of heart in yesterdays game.
Where I watched the game yesterday, there happened to be two 49er fans at the same establishment. One I was sitting close by, we talked strategy, replacement ref calls, and even bought each other a couple drinks. Then there was the late 20 year old ****** bag that would scream and yell " kill Rodgers". He also would walk by my table at intervals during the game and tauntingly tell me the score then walk away and laugh. Now I'm 40 and can snap this kid like a toothpick, but I have to realize he just has not had time to grow up yet. The other 49er fan wanted to slap him down as well. So what I'm saying, is Big Blue thanks for your integrity.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Longtime, thank you for having me here and allowing me to post on your wonderful board.

As long as posters are respectful anyone can be here...Even if there is smack talk going on we can take it..but sometimes some posters are just being trolls and they dont know it

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both teams lost the same reason bad pass defense and and no running game/poor O line.....

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where I watched the game yesterday, there happened to be two 49er fans at the same establishment. One I was sitting close by, we talked strategy, replacement ref calls, and even bought each other a couple drinks. Then there was the late 20 year old ****** bag that would scream and yell " kill Rodgers". He also would walk by my table at intervals during the game and tauntingly tell me the score then walk away and laugh. Now I'm 40 and can snap this kid like a toothpick, but I have to realize he just has not had time to grow up yet. The other 49er fan wanted to slap him down as well. So what I'm saying, is Big Blue thanks for your integrity.

Nachoman, thank you so much for the compliment. It means a lot.

I currently live Northern VA area, I am stationed at Ft. Belvoir. On the occassions when Giants aren't on National or I am not up in NY for weekend and I go out here and watch the game at a bar that shows the game, I act nice. Of course I root for my team but I don't bother other people and I don't act like a fool. I am almost 40 years old and I have met a lot if good people that are oppossing fans, even a lot of Patriots fans which is cool because they have a lot of single women in their fan base. I have always felt that there is no reason to not act like a gentleman. Congratulate the other fans whe they win and be humble when NY Giants win and all goes better and everyone is happier.

I have been upset with a number of ny fellow NY Giants fans for acting as if we are an expansion team and have never won it before imstead of being in NFL since 1925 with the 3rd most NFL Championships.
I was especially mad at the clowns that gave Tom Brady's wife mess after Super Bowl. Heck I don't know what was wrong with those guys because I would have been happy just seeing Giselle and would have tried to take her picture with my cellphone.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No playoffs for you.

so because i believe the Giants schooled the packers last year, makes me giant's fan?

Been a packers fan since 1994. Was impressed with their super bowl run, their defence was great that year as well as the offence, especially in the super bowl, but what happened to that defence?

Hindsight speaking here it was a huge mistake to let cullen jenkins go. He was our Justin smith and jj watt type player and made matthews that much better.

McCarthy refuses to run the ball, and the defence can't tackle. the offence can be a lot better but the defence has to be better.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
so because i believe the Giants schooled the packers last year, makes me giant's fan?

Been a packers fan since 1994. Was impressed with their super bowl run, their defence was great that year as well as the offence, especially in the super bowl, but what happened to that defence?

Hindsight speaking here it was a huge mistake to let cullen jenkins go. He was our Justin smith and jj watt type player and made matthews that much better.

McCarthy refuses to run the ball, and the defence can't tackle. the offence can be a lot better but the defence has to be better.

Your post appears to be in favor of the Giants and since you do not have a history with us, logical conclusion if Giants fan

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Commenting on this thread with your first post when we keeping banning people and they come back to say the same thing you said make you suspect. I guess if you are what you say you are you will be around for awhile

Members online

Latest posts