Packers after RB Turner?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the same Net. However, I doubt this will happen. This would be an awesome move. Turner could possibly be the back of the future if we would land him. I feel much better about him than drafting a rookie to run the ball.

That's why I don't think that this specific trade will happen. I believe Turner is regarded around the league the same way that Matt Schaub was- a potential stud if ever given the chance to start.

Of course AJ knows this, and I just can't see him giving up a guy of that caliber for anything less than what ATL got for Schaub.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I feel the same Net. However, I doubt this will happen. This would be an awesome move. Turner could possibly be the back of the future if we would land him. I feel much better about him than drafting a rookie to run the ball.

That's why I don't think that this specific trade will happen. I believe Turner is regarded around the league the same way that Matt Schaub was- a potential stud if ever given the chance to start.

Of course AJ knows this, and I just can't see him giving up a guy of that caliber for anything less than what ATL got for Schaub.

Exactly, thats why SD did what they did. They know they have themselves a high commodity. SD could be content on just standing there ground.

Boltjolt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SD is not going to get a 1st and a 3rd for Turner.

After this season they will get 0 for him.

Their GM would be foolish not to explore the middle ground.

Depth is a great thing but holding onto Turner until he becomes a FA and leaves and ending up with zip is dumb.

Greetings Packer fans. Ive been seeing the rumors and i have to say, i doubt Turner goes anywhere.

You might think getting nothing for him after this season is stupid but he was a 5th round pick for us and whoever signs him after this season is going to give him a big contract and he will start. That will constitute a 3rd round comp pick for us which is more than we paid for him.

He was fine getting a 3rd round comp pick for Brees so he will be more thasn fine getting one for Turner. Yes i know the official announcing of comp picks hasnt been announced yet but i know we will get a 3rd for Brees. They should be announced tomorrow or the next day.(25th or 26th)

Our GM AJ Smith really like Turner and from what ive seen really wants to keep him unless a deal comes that he cant refuse. So, if we swapped first rounders and got a 2nd rounder with it, id say AJ would take that deal , otherwise id say he stays.

He gave Turner the highest tender for a reason and wont just settle for just a swap of first round picks. Alot of our fans want him to stay as well but most would like to see him traded for extra picks on day 1.

It might sound too high for you guys but Turner has been great for us and if we trade him, we dont have anybody close to his caliber to take his place. So we would have to draft another and we wont pick a RB high and this class isnt that deep at RB.

IMO id rather have Turner than Lynch but thats me.

To the guy that said w should swap first rounders for Turner AND Vincent Jackson...... :rotflmao: That would never happen.

We need a WR in the first two rounds, why would we trade one of our best away? Besides...if there is an extra pick to be had, it would be us who would get it or a deal wont happen imo.

Thats from everything ive read over the past couple months of reading what AJ has said about Turner and the draft.

Members online

Latest posts