Packers Add New Tight End

H

HardRightEdge

He's a big, strong, slow TE. 6'4", 270 lbs. Ran a 4.85 coming out of Maine. 14 catches in 18 starts. He must be a very good blocker to have stuck in the league this long.

Best case: a spot player as a blocking tight end/H-back and on special teams (Crabtree replacement, except Crab is faster)

Worst case: camp body

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Maybe he's a stealth candidate at RT? He's got the size and speed for it! J/K - he's a member of the Packers now and I hope for the best. Maybe the Packers will go FB-less and line up two TEs on the LOS with one in the backfield on running downs? My very early, don't remember him playing a down guess is if he can't contribute on STs he'll struggle to make the roster.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's bio is a blocking tight end with good size. IF he makes the team, which is an "if", he'll probably be a blocking on run downs a few times a game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And just when i think TT won't make a splash he brings in a guy i've never even heard of!! Keep em coming TT. :tup:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
You're showing your age there, Thx. I think you just slipped into a 1970 time warp. ;)
Since we're visiting the '70s, how 'bout a heavy dose of the tackle eligible play? I mean, why throw it to a speedy WR when you can get it into the hands of a lumbering OT/TE? BTW, there's gotta be a joke for a player with the name "Mulligan".

H

HardRightEdge

Since we're visiting the '70s, how 'bout a heavy dose of the tackle eligible play? I mean, why throw it to a speedy WR when you can get it into the hands of a lumbering OT/TE? BTW, there's gotta be a joke for a player with the name "Mulligan".

That's not as paisley and early Disco as one might think. We still see in the league tackle eligible passes from time to time, just not in MM's repertoire as far as I can recall.

I thought about the "mulligan" thing too, but couldn't come up with anything I was happy with. Something involving do-overs. There might be some ground to plow if we release him and then bring him back in-season because of injury. :confused: Maybe his nickname is "Fore". :tdown:

The poor bast*rd has probably heard them all.

Members online

Latest posts