Packers 8-8 this year?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The article I think was penned more as entertainment than fact.

The Packers can only improve this year. The defence alone will be worth 6 wins. Brett being Brett will be worth at least 2, so there's 8 right there.

Now lets throw in 2 team wins becuase the younger guys are a year wiser and MM and the team have had time to jell. That makes 10 wins.

10-6 and back to the playoffs.

R.P.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take on this? I think the guy may well have the W-L record right and even most of the games picked right (with no more info than any of us have.) What turns people off is his attempts at humor. It makes the whole article suspect. But, I believe he may not be more than 1 game off, either way. JMO.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the article was hilarious as the author meant it to be.
Ther only part that he meant to be serious is that he believes the Pack will be 8-8.
For all anybody knows at this point they could be 0-16 or 16-0.
I believe they will be somewhere in between.

Lighten up a little guys and gals.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am hopeful for 9-7 + a wild card birth. I certainly think the Packers can contend for a playoff spot. They did last year and the NFC is the junior varsity league. If the NFC had the strength of the AFC I would say absolutely no way.

However I can just as easily see the Packers end up 7-9 if they don't come out with a solid Draft.

It's to early to make an actual guess but I do agree with R.P about our Defense. If the Packers can produce a solid Defense they should be in most games this year regardless of how "flashy" our offense is.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Oh my god, here comes the Thompson Defense Army. Somebody said they might not go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl.......They must be TED BASHING
I think that's jumping the gun there, but I see the point you make. Kind of a baiting statement to pull out the Ted 'Army' for some who are blindly defending the man.

Get over it. This guy is giving his opinion on the Packers not TED BASHING.
I agree. I don't think the guy is trying to bash anyone. He most surely had to write an article pertaining to the schedule and this is what he chose.

I think we need to relax on the jumping to the defense AND to the attack of Ted Thompson. But no one asked me what I think so I will step aside...

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
The guy sounds like a moron to me. Anyways it sounds to me like the guy is just trying to bash Ted Thompson.

Oh my god, here comes the Thompson Defense Army. Somebody said they might not go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl.......They must be TED BASHING

Get over it. This guy is giving his opinion on the Packers not TED BASHING.

How many brothers does TT have. I mean we have 3-4 just in this thread, plus Matt Millen, so thats at least 4-5. Geesh!

Pyle the premise of the acrticle was not journalism. A Journalist deals in fact and real world matter. He wrote an editorial and a speclitive piece that yes refered to TT enough and his pentence for being (tight) with the pocket book as reason for the Pack exceling (yuck) to 8-8. Now if it was a truly unbiased assesment of the current roster and a breakdown thereof I would consider it with some merit. Otherwise it is as you said no better than what you or I might write on any fan sight.

And yes the TDA (Ted Defense Alliance) is marching as Proudly as the U'FAT (United Front Against TED) is. Oddly enough those of us who fall into the PPFNMW (Proud Packer Fan No Matter What) get caught in the cross talk.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOP HAT footnote: Most preseason predictions without a super draft and some free agents signings will go this way. Sadly, it is the consensus among the experts.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOP HAT footnote: Most preseason predictions without a super draft and some free agents signings will go this way. Sadly, it is the consensus among the experts.

exactly, theres no reason to think any different.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPHAT said:

I LOVE it when i hear these "experts" type comments. These so called "experts" have a 50% chance of GUESSING right. And of course the ones that are LUCKY enough to have guessed right will crow about it, thus getting the attention, while the ones that guessed wrong will slink away so no one notices that they guessed wrong until the NEXT season and their next chance to GUESS.
Last year all the "experts" said the Packers wouldn't go 8-8, right? Where are all those fortune tellers now? I know......making their guesses for this coming season.
So i guess i can jump on the "oh me oh my, Ted is NEVER gonna get us to the playoffs!" Or look at the fact that the team improved greatly last year, and DOES have a chance to improve even more this year.
Yes, there IS a REAL reason to think this way.
In the end, you yourself make the choice on how to think. If we DID have Matt Millen running the show, or at least a guy that screwed everything up for several seasons like he has for the Lions, THEN maybe i'd take the doom and gloom route. But TT has only been here for 2 drafts! And he has made some good moves, not all blunders like Millen has.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
TOPHAT said:

I LOVE it when i hear these "experts" type comments. These so called "experts" have a 50% chance of GUESSING right. And of course the ones that are LUCKY enough to have guessed right will crow about it, thus getting the attention, while the ones that guessed wrong will slink away so no one notices that they guessed wrong until the NEXT season and their next chance to GUESS.
Last year all the "experts" said the Packers wouldn't go 8-8, right? Where are all those fortune tellers now? I know......making their guesses for this coming season.
So i guess i can jump on the "oh me oh my, Ted is NEVER gonna get us to the playoffs!" Or look at the fact that the team improved greatly last year, and DOES have a chance to improve even more this year.
Yes, there IS a REAL reason to think this way.
In the end, you yourself make the choice on how to think. If we DID have Matt Millen running the show, or at least a guy that screwed everything up for several seasons like he has for the Lions, THEN maybe i'd take the doom and gloom route. But TT has only been here for 2 drafts! And he has made some good moves, not all blunders like Millen has.

Cheesey, you seem to be missing the point. Any knowledgable person who is not connected by fandom to the Packers look at this team as average. There is no reason to think the Packers will be better than last year considering they have done nothing to improve the team. They have lost thier feature RB and ignored all weak spots on the team. In fact, taking that into account and looking at thier schedule I think it would be fair to say 8-8 may be a reach.

Now, this is where you seem to get confused. It's a prediction, they could very well be better or be much worse. It's not set in stone. As with any other prediction it could be way off. However, it is a fair assessment of the team. The only people you will see predicting the Pack will be a SB contender are Packer fans. I have no problem with that but I also don't let myself take any of those predictions seriously because they are tainted.

Is there hope, yes, but there is hope for Lions fans, Browns fans, etc. I can't knock a guy for predicting the Pack will go 8-8 because I don't see how you could think any different. They are a team with no viable back, no threat at TE, sub-par Safety play, and an O-Line that they had to mask last year. On top of that, thier schedule looks tough.

You also seem to want to inject Ted into everything. This article had little or nothing to do with Ted. However, you want to jump the gun and take a guy stating the Packers will go 8-8 as a Ted insult and prematurely jump to defend him.

Take TT out of the equasion, lay down your Green and Gold glasses, throw out your optimism and look at this team over the last few years.

2005 we were hampered with injuries and lost alot of close games. The same team, for the most part the year before was a division winner. Were we really that bad or did injuries kill us? We were probably an 8-8 team in 2005 without all the injuries.

In 2006 we stayed healthy and beat 1 team who was a legit contender. Did we really improve?

Now comes 2007 and we still have the holes from 06 looming, plus another one created by Green leaving and our schedule appears to be much tougher. How can we be a better team?

Here is what I hear.

The Packers will be much better because Colledge and Spitz suddenly go from struggling to top tier O-Lineman.

Verand Morency is a hidden gem who will fill in for Green without missing a step

Whatever other holes we have will be filled by rookies who will instantly step in and play at an NFL level because Ted has a great eye for talent

Jennings will go from a rookie to a Reggie Wayne type #2 WR.

Underwood will fix the S position because he has so much talent.

All the tough teams on our schedule will turn out to be creampuffs.

It's alot of hope, and I'm not knocking you for it, but it's a bit unrealistic. As TopHat pointed out, where the Pack stands today anybody predicting anything over 8-8 or 9-7 must be a Packers fan. A good draft won't change that as you can only put so much weight on a rookies shoulders.

So sit back, cross your fingers, and prey. Continue to see average talent like Underwood as the answer. Prepare to convince your self that every player we draft is the next coming of Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders and Ronnie Lott. That's the thread we are hanging on.

I hope the Packers are better than 8-8 but like most people outside of GB I am not naive enough to expect anything more.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, Green might have been their starting back last year, but he was hardly anything more then average at best. Morency has yet to get a real chance to show what he can do. I did like what i saw of him in the limited duty he had last year. How can a back ever get a chance to show what he can do if you never take a chance and let him start? If you keep him on the sideline or in spot duty, he's NEVER going to be able to showcase himself. Morency is young, and i see alot of up sides with him.
The O line is another case in point. They were starting to jell quite nicely towards the end of the season. I think they will be MUCH improved over last year. Again, had they NOT had a chance to play together last year, and you stuck with a bunch of old guys, where would we be now?
As far as Ted goes, you and others have called him "Millen's brother" and other derogatory remarks throughout many threads. TT is the guy responsible for building the team, and is ultimately going to gain or lose from what the team does on the field.
I do NOT "love" the guy. I am looking at him and what he has done so far from a nuetral corner. I think some on here have not been fair to the guy, in giving him an honest chance to improve the team. Thats my opinion on the subject. Has he made mistakes? Yes. Had he made some good moves? Also yes. Rome wasn't built in a day, and I think it's not fair to want the guys head on a platter cause he hasn't been able to work miracles yet in his short time here.
You can choose to keep your expectations low, and thus it should be able for the Packers to reach your expectations, and you should be satisfied if they do lousy then. I choose to shoot a bit higher. To me, there is NO team in the NFC thats much above "average" anyway. So why CAN'T we do better then you expect? Look at the Steelers 2 years ago. To me, they sure were NOT a power house. Yet the won the Super Bowl. They got good breaks, and got a bit lucky. It fell into place for them.
And the truth is, all of the experts as i said, are just basing their opinions on what they think. None of it is cut in stone. It's JUST opinions. Sometimes they are right, sometimes wrong. They don't KNOW the future.
And there IS alot of things that can happen between now and the regular season. Not only to the Packers, but to every team on our schedule. So it's real hard to pick whats gonna happen, as too much can change between now and then.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey, you seem to be missing the point. Any knowledgable person who is not connected by fandom to the Packers look at this team as average. There is no reason to think the Packers will be better than last year considering they have done nothing to improve the team. They have lost thier feature RB and ignored all weak spots on the team. In fact, taking that into account and looking at thier schedule I think it would be fair to say 8-8 may be a reach.

Now, this is where you seem to get confused. It's a prediction, they could very well be better or be much worse. It's not set in stone. As with any other prediction it could be way off. However, it is a fair assessment of the team. The only people you will see predicting the Pack will be a SB contender are Packer fans. I have no problem with that but I also don't let myself take any of those predictions seriously because they are tainted.

Is there hope, yes, but there is hope for Lions fans, Browns fans, etc. I can't knock a guy for predicting the Pack will go 8-8 because I don't see how you could think any different. They are a team with no viable back, no threat at TE, sub-par Safety play, and an O-Line that they had to mask last year. On top of that, thier schedule looks tough.

You also seem to want to inject Ted into everything. This article had little or nothing to do with Ted. However, you want to jump the gun and take a guy stating the Packers will go 8-8 as a Ted insult and prematurely jump to defend him.

Take TT out of the equasion, lay down your Green and Gold glasses, throw out your optimism and look at this team over the last few years.

2005 we were hampered with injuries and lost alot of close games. The same team, for the most part the year before was a division winner. Were we really that bad or did injuries kill us? We were probably an 8-8 team in 2005 without all the injuries.

In 2006 we stayed healthy and beat 1 team who was a legit contender. Did we really improve?

Now comes 2007 and we still have the holes from 06 looming, plus another one created by Green leaving and our schedule appears to be much tougher. How can we be a better team?

Here is what I hear.

The Packers will be much better because Colledge and Spitz suddenly go from struggling to top tier O-Lineman.

Verand Morency is a hidden gem who will fill in for Green without missing a step

Whatever other holes we have will be filled by rookies who will instantly step in and play at an NFL level because Ted has a great eye for talent

It's alot of hope, and I'm not knocking you for it, but it's a bit unrealistic. As TopHat pointed out, where the Pack stands today anybody predicting anything over 8-8 or 9-7 must be a Packers fan. A good draft won't change that as you can only put so much weight on a rookies shoulders.

So sit back, cross your fingers, and prey. Continue to see average talent like Underwood as the answer. Prepare to convince your self that every player we draft is the next coming of Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders and Ronnie Lott. That's the thread we are hanging on.

I hope the Packers are better than 8-8 but like most people outside of GB I am not naive enough to expect anything more.

I don't think you can look at the Packers and say this team isn't going to be any better because they didn't bring anyone in. That assessment is ridiculous in my opinion. Now I agree the Packers aren't going to win the Super Bowl and they'll probably win 7 to 9 games but I see no reason why someone can't predict 9-7 and a wild card birth in the NFC which is the JV league of the NFL. Does that make you a homer?

The Packers started a bunch of young players. A.J. Hawk, Corey Williams, Cullen Jenkins, Brady Poppinga, Greg Jennings, Daryn Colledge, Jason Spitz, Tony Moll, and Nick Collins.

These guys are going to improve. To think they are not and we are going to hold at 8-8 is farfetched. Now I'll take the assessment that the Packers might get better but they overachieved because of an easy schedule last year. I'll take the assessment that they'll get better but the schedule is much harder on paper. However the assessment that they'll be the same because they didn't do anything in free agency is mind blowing. It’s like you expect 0 improvement from the coaching staff, the youth, and guys like Nick Barnett who should hit his prime right about now.

I actually agree that the Packers are an average team but at the very least the potential is there.

The thing that bugs me Pyle is you talk this guy up to be a “true journalists” yet when Peter King says something you disagree with you make a sarcastic remark.

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10285

So that leaves ol' Ted atop the hill of cheapness. So only Ted and Peter King know the secret recipe to success in the NFL. Wow, amazing

The point is everyone was agreeing with the Peter King article, though they normally call him an idiot. Now that the Titans have signed someone I guess this leaves Ted Thompson and the Brilliant Peter King as the only 2 people who know how to approach FA. Maybe thats why Ted has won GB so many Super Bowls....No Wait, Playoff Games......or uhhh had a record over .500.....Oh Nevermind

Uhm actually it was one person

You want a true journalist and an NFL insider it’s Peter King who arguably is the best in the biz. Sorry but I remeber you stating that and when I saw you stick up for Oates it just made my shake my head. Are the right guys for the job the ones that agree with you? That's what it looks like to me.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you Porky.
The guy that wrote the "8-8" article to me is hardly a big time NFL expert. He probably was assigned to write an article on the schedule, and wrote what he did. I mean, how can you go wrong saying 8-8? It's not GOOD, it's not BAD. It's sitting on the fence as far as predictions go.
I also see the very real chance that many of the young guys on the team got alot of expierience last year, and might just surprise people.
Plus, some of the teams on our schedule might not be as good next year as last year. Just because they did good last year is no guarentee that they are going to do the same. Just as we really don't know if GB will do good or bad. I think they will do good, but heck, i don't know for CERTAIN. I sure wouldn't bet my life on it either way.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

Here is what I hear.

I don't think you can look at the Packers and say this team isn't going to be any better because they didn't bring anyone in. That assessment is ridiculous in my opinion. Now I agree the Packers aren't going to win the Super Bowl and they'll probably win 7 to 9 games but I see no reason why someone can't predict 9-7 and a wild card birth in the NFC which is the JV league of the NFL. Does that make you a homer?

The Packers started a bunch of young players. A.J. Hawk, Corey Williams, Cullen Jenkins, Brady Poppinga, Greg Jennings, Daryn Colledge, Jason Spitz, Tony Moll, and Nick Collins.

These guys are going to improve. To think they are not and we are going to hold at 8-8 is farfetched. Now I'll take the assessment that the Packers might get better but they overachieved because of an easy schedule last year. I'll take the assessment that they'll get better but the schedule is much harder on paper. However the assessment that they'll be the same because they didn't do anything in free agency is mind blowing. It’s like you expect 0 improvement from the coaching staff, the youth, and guys like Nick Barnett who should hit his prime right about now.

I actually agree that the Packers are an average team but at the very least the potential is there.

The thing that bugs me Pyle is you talk this guy up to be a “true journalists” yet when Peter King says something you disagree with you make a sarcastic remark.

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10285

So that leaves ol' Ted atop the hill of cheapness. So only Ted and Peter King know the secret recipe to success in the NFL. Wow, amazing

The point is everyone was agreeing with the Peter King article, though they normally call him an idiot. Now that the Titans have signed someone I guess this leaves Ted Thompson and the Brilliant Peter King as the only 2 people who know how to approach FA. Maybe thats why Ted has won GB so many Super Bowls....No Wait, Playoff Games......or uhhh had a record over .500.....Oh Nevermind

Uhm actually it was one person

You want a true journalist and an NFL insider it’s Peter King who arguably is the best in the biz. Sorry but I remeber you stating that and when I saw you stick up for Oates it just made my shake my head. Are the right guys for the job the ones that agree with you? That's what it looks like to me.

This is why I try to stay out of these silly arguments. Obviously, you people point out things that fit your argument and ignore everything else.

Follow along close.........................

I posted this article because I saw it posted in the Wisonsin State Journal

It was then responded to by Longtime with the following

Lets see, you laugh at my article on how a guy viewed the packers draft form 2000 till this year, and you post this??

How can anyone truly believe how this guy thinks they will do record wise with all those crazy "predictions"???

I then stated that the DIFFERENCE was that this guy was a real journalist whereas Longtimes post was from some average guy writing an article.

NOW LISTEN UP!

I wasn't trying to say that this guy was 100% right about his predictions because he was a journalist but rather RESPOND to Longtimes post pointing out the difference.

Its really not that hard to understand. Perhaps you should read the entire post and try to digest it all before you start throwing out bogus stuff.

You guys act like I am using the fact that this guy is a true journalist to support the actual article when I was simply pointing out the diifference between my post and Longtimes.

But as always on here, you guys take bits an pieces and make a mountain out of a molehill.

Do I think the article is a fair assessment of the team, yes. Do I think that is a fair assessment because its a real journalist writing it, no!

Porky, you are the king of knocking journalists based on whether you agree with them or not. Every article you disagree with you have something negative to say about the writer, like you are some kind of expert in what writers are legit and which ones aren't. Give me a break dude. Do it if you want but don't go trying to call me out for doing it when it clearly wasn't the case.

And Cheesey, before you chime in with "I AGREE, I AGREE" in every other post, try to make sure you are "AGREEING" with something that was actually said and not distorting other people words.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you have no idea how this team will be in 2007 pyledriver.. quit acting like your an NFL insider and you KNOW for a fact who will struggle and who wont. NO ONE FREAKIN KNOWS. Some fans see the talent we have and think positvely and see how they could possibly improve. You on the other hand think everyone sucks on this team and every move TT makes wether its signing charles woodson who had a great year, or Frank Walker who could be good, is a bad move. Your a negative fan, were positive fans. if we go 10-6 this year, you will say how crappy the schedule is and how its really just a myth that we are this good. if we go 5-11 you will say i told you so. So stay safe man, keep predicting we will be terrible and that every move is a bad one, because the odds are with you.

bottom line is, you dont know so quit posting your negative bull **** around here as fact, and quit acting like people who wanna think this team has potential are blind stupid sheep. you see crap in a bucket, we see gold... but neither of us know for a fact what it is until its played.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why I try to stay out of these silly arguments. Obviously, you people point out things that fit your argument and ignore everything else.

Follow along close.........................

I posted this article because I saw it posted in the Wisonsin State Journal

It was then responded to by Longtime with the following

longtimefan said:
Lets see, you laugh at my article on how a guy viewed the packers draft form 2000 till this year, and you post this??

How can anyone truly believe how this guy thinks they will do record wise with all those crazy "predictions"???

I then stated that the DIFFERENCE was that this guy was a real journalist whereas Longtimes post was from some average guy writing an article.

NOW LISTEN UP!

I wasn't trying to say that this guy was 100% right about his predictions because he was a journalist but rather RESPOND to Longtimes post pointing out the difference.

Its really not that hard to understand. Perhaps you should read the entire post and try to digest it all before you start throwing out bogus stuff.

You guys act like I am using the fact that this guy is a true journalist to support the actual article when I was simply pointing out the diifference between my post and Longtimes.

But as always on here, you guys take bits an pieces and make a mountain out of a molehill.

Do I think the article is a fair assessment of the team, yes. Do I think that is a fair assessment because its a real journalist writing it, no!

Porky, you are the king of knocking journalists based on whether you agree with them or not. Every article you disagree with you have something negative to say about the writer, like you are some kind of expert in what writers are legit and which ones aren't. Give me a break dude. Do it if you want but don't go trying to call me out for doing it when it clearly wasn't the case.

And Cheesey, before you chime in with "I AGREE, I AGREE" in every other post, try to make sure you are "AGREEING" with something that was actually said and not distorting other people words.

Where do I sarcastically denounce the writers creditability? I don't consider John Clayton a Draft Expert when people post who he thinks won and lost at the Draft. I listen though but I don‘t always agree. When someone posts something from Todd McShay about the draft I put more weight into his word because he’s actually a talent evaluator and covers the Draft years round. Pro Football Talk posts rumors and I think most of them are wrong or taken from various newspapers around the country. I don‘t believe in sites made by fans. On the sidelines isn’t exactly posted by an expert either. Those are the only two I will actually go as far and denounce no matter what they say whether I agree with them or not. I want Moss but I don’t believe Favre think he’s coming at all. I think it’s a false report.

Who are you trying to fool? This guy agrees with you so he is a true journalists. Where as Peter King who has far more creditability than this guy doesn't agree with you so you post sarcasm to get your points across. Longtime has as much right to put a lot in the article he posted as you do his. I never said I was an expert. I never said I new more than you. Your the one that whines about posting your opinions yet you rarely use the words. When you post you make it out as fact. It's unrealistic for the Packers to go 10-6. Who are you to say it is? I think the Pack will win 9 games tops but I'm not going to bash other people and say their thoughts are unrealistic when a team like the Jets can go from 4-12 to 10-6. If that can happen the Packers can go from 8-8 to 10-6. I agree 100% with cheesy. It could happen. Hope it will but I won't bet either way on it.

EDIT: Another thing that is frustrating. You complain that this site is filled with homers. Then why come here if you don't like it?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
EDIT: Another thing that is frustrating. You complain that this site is filled with homers. Then why come here if you don't like it?

I spend more time reading than posting here now a days and I'll tell you this. It was a lot better when you didn't have to read his posts. (ignore doesnt work if ur not logged in)

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

I spend more time reading than posting here now a days and I'll tell you this. It was a lot better when you didn't have to read his posts. (ignore doesnt work if ur not logged in)

Well log in Einstien.

Hilarious indeed.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
LOL... I am sorry but I am reading this whole thread and I find it hilarious as all get out. We are infighting about whether a writer has crediblity or not and comparing threads of different writers. And it has turned into a predictable pissing match again.

Anyone trying to predict what is going to happen this year in Wins and Losses is guessing. Nothing more, I don't care if it is Oates, King, McShay, or a common fan. Evaluating talent isn't much further away, I am just as guilty myself. I find myself defending someone that I have never met but only have seen play a game.

McShay might do it for a living, but at the end of the day he is a paid fan. Nothing more. How he rates a player is different than how other may, but that doesn't mean that his word is gospel on any given prospect. If he was that good, he would be making millions for some team and not doing TV work.

Now I am not ripping McShay, but instead I think pointing out the apparent. No one has a crystal ball and can predict the future and say how a team will play some 4 plus months from now. But it is fun to do, but it is flawed because too many varibles to come yet. And if someone could predict the future they have many more important things to do than worry about a football season.

I was reading a raider forum the other day with many more members, and didn't see the infighting that we find here. But I guess it is the offseason here in Wisconsin and we need something to do.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
so if pyle disagrees with the article I posted cuz they guy is an average fan

Then with that logic anything pyle ever says and anyone else here is automaticly discredited..

so why should we post anything at all?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Quite the opposite, all opinions currently are equal due to many factors, but I will start we don't know the final makeup of the team yet, we haven't seen the player grow or take a step back with another year, and every team on the roster may change some between now and the end of the year. It is fun, but how can any mortal predict wins and losses when a major part of the season is two weeks away.

Who should really care if Pyle agrees or not, it is his opinion and his to have. Nothing more, he is equal to every other poster on here or throughout the sports world. The most knowledgeable writers are wrong alot, so are we the common fans.

Personally, I enjoy reading all posts by all readers because it allows a look from a different perspective and I learn from others on here all the time. But if someones opinion upsets you, ask yourself does his/her opinion really impact me that much that I hold onto it for days? Unless that is your opinion of fun :)

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite the opposite, all opinions currently are equal due to many factors, but I will start we don't know the final makeup of the team yet, we haven't seen the player grow or take a step back with another year, and every team on the roster may change some between now and the end of the year. It is fun, but how can any mortal predict wins and losses when a major part of the season is two weeks away.

Who should really care if Pyle agrees or not, it is his opinion and his to have. Nothing more, he is equal to every other poster on here or throughout the sports world. The most knowledgeable writers are wrong alot, so are we the common fans.

Personally, I enjoy reading all posts by all readers because it allows a look from a different perspective and I learn from others on here all the time. But if someones opinion upsets you, ask yourself does his/her opinion really impact me that much that I hold onto it for days? Unless that is your opinion of fun :)

Thank you Pack93z. Again this article wasn't posted as a CONCRETE PREDICTION but as more a discussion topic. I think this a nice realistic prediction of what our W/L record will be. I don't think it was made from looking through Green and Gold glasses or from hating the Packers either.

I think that you guys are in for a rude awakening if you expect to see predictions better than 8-8 if GB doesn't add some veteran help to this team. They could be wrong but I think anyone looking at the team outside of Wisconsin would really be reaching with anything higher than 9-7.

The fact being teams are judged by what they do in the Off-Season. I see a team like NE as almost dominant based on the additions they made to go with the team they had previously. When I weigh what they lost and what they added they LOOK to have improved.

If you look at GB you do the same and you see that they lost thier feature back and gained a back-up corner. Then you look at the schedule which appears to be tough.

The thing I don't do is look at players and say that by them having more experience, that automatically makes us better. If you use that logic every other team in the NFL has young players improving right along with them. Is GB the only team with young players improving? Our guys have no more upside than any other team. I'm sure they will improve, but I think that only begins to make up for the loss of Green and the tougher schedule.

It's not set in stone, but I think it's fair. Anyone who wants to predict GB at 12-4 could maybe tell me how they arrived at the prediction instead of just saying "You're wrong" or i'm "Ted Bashing".

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact being teams are judged by what they do in the Off-Season. I see a team like NE as almost dominant based on the additions they made to go with the team they had previously. When I weigh what they lost and what they added they LOOK to have improved.

IMO, teams will ultimately be judged on what they do during the regular season and post-season, not what they do in the offseason.

Frankly, I've quit worrying about what happens with the Packers this offseason. As you know, I'm also not a real big TT fan (mostly because I'm not convinced he's a very good evaluator of talent) and really look at this season as a win/win situation, regardless of how it turns out.

If the Packers do have a good year and win enough games to finally have a winning season and make it to the playoffs, I'll be thrilled (and surprised). And if they don't, I'll think it's going to be another nail in the coffin of a GM who's lack of success will be that much harder to ignore for the powers-that-be at Lambeau Field.

Either way, the future will be looking better for the Green & Gold IMO. Think I'll sit back and enjoy the ride. :twocents:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts