OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SCOUT: PERSPECTIVE...FIRST TEST SUNDAY

http://packers.scout.com/2/675490.html

Sydney Speaks! He deserves better!

The Green Bay Packers have adjusted their roster in preparation for the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. While the defense will be the strength of the team, ...feels the Packers are rolling the dice with such a young offensive backfield behind Brett Favre....As I see it, Brett Favre gets to throw to Donald Driver who is the heart and soul of the passing game, and if he doesn’t come through it’s going to be a long year. Not because Jones, Jennings, Martin and Holiday are good receivers because they are, but they aren’t any better than most of the corners that will be covering them. At this level with good comes average, but with great comes success which translates to a better chance of winning.....Then he realizes that instead of veterans like Ahman Green and William Henderson in the backfield, guys that really had his back, he is staring at Brandon Jackson and Korey Hall. Can you imagine how big their eyes are?...

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=657349

Bennett has no easy task in running the backs.

Edgar Bennett seems no worse for the wear. Eyes look rested. Voice isn't cracking. Not a hint of gray. No telltale signs that his unit is clearly cursed, except when the 38-year-old gets asked (quite frequently) if he could still suit up. "I look at it this way - I get to do what I enjoy doing," said Bennett. "It's just at an accelerated pace."....The rookie out of Nebraska may have to start Sunday against the Eagles if Morency is not fully recovered. The Packers are leaning that way, but say they're far from making a final decision. Bennett hasn't given Jackson much of a learning curve and has been brutally honest in making corrections. "You know, he puts so much on me in the meeting rooms," said Jackson. "At times it gets to me. He drills me - 'What's this, what's that? You've got to know this, you've got to know that!' It's like, man . . . But when we're on the field, I see why. Then he comes back to me and says, 'I know you're mad,' but I am not mad. The guy is expecting a lot out of me." Bennett's first priority with all of the backs is going over zone blocking, though. "We didn't even talk about running until I hit the field," said Grant. "It was all protection." Bennett said he will bench even a highly productive runner, if he can't protect Favre. After solid protection, Bennett would like to see more rushing touchdowns.

"They equate wins," said Bennett.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=657349

Bennett said he will bench even a highly productive runner, if he can't protect Favre. After solid protection, Bennett would like to see more rushing touchdowns.

"They equate wins," said Bennett.

See, this is why I like Noah Herron so much. He's definitely underrated. The guy can block. It's a shame he's on injured reserve.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts