Packers 2008 Draft prospects

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another DT in upcoming Draft LOL!

that draft class dosent look so inspiring really, could anyone bar McFadden really made an impact for the Packers? Anybody we get from now on will probably be just for depth. If we go for a TE like Rucker from Missouri in ROund one then itd be a hell of a reach.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why would they have the 49'rs picking 31st and I noticed that they have the Cowgirls with the last pick meaning they have them winning the SB.

I'm not even looking at the picks because they'll be lucky if they hit one out of 32 in the right spot this early.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There some guys in there I think would be good in green and gold.

Limas Sweed, Ray Rice, Slaton, Laurenitus, Cason

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would LOVE to have Micheal Hart from Michigan as our RB. This kid is amazing.....fast, great cuts, built like Barry Sanders....reminds me of Barry in his style. Would be a great addition to a zone blocking system.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Another DT in upcoming Draft LOL!

I would LOVE to have Micheal Hart from Michigan as our RB. This kid is amazing.....fast, great cuts, built like Barry Sanders....reminds me of Barry in his style. Would be a great addition to a zone blocking system.

You nailed this one tripster. I have said it before, TT needs to do whatever it takes to draft Mike Hart!!!!

I just hope that he doesn't get burnt out playing the rest of this year, as he is pretty much single handely carrying Michigan on his back, getting tham straightened out and once again becoming a contender for The Big Ten title.

THE GREEN BAY PACKERS SELECT MIKE HART RB MICHIGAN AS THEIR #1 PICK IN THE 2008 DRAFT!!!!!

I want to hear those words spoken next year by the commissioner.

Whatever it takes TT, you will probably have to trade up to get him but he will be worth it.

Edit.. hmmm I just looked at that mock draft and didn't see Hart's name anywhere(unless I missed it) so maybe he will be available for The Pack to take when their pick comes up.

Way to early to speculate on this though.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd like to see a stud bump-and-run corner to groom behind Chuck 'n Al. Chris Houston was my dream last year, but ATL took him very early in the 2nd.

Never seen either of these guys play, but some analyst on the radio last nite or this morning said that they were "the two best corners in college football". They're on national TV tonight, so I'll check 'em out.

21 Trae Williams (Sr.) 5' 10", 193 lbs
and
4 Mike Jenkins (Jr.) 5'11" 194 lbs.

Both play for the South Florida Bulls.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

I will make a very early bet here, the first pick for the Packers in the 2008 draft will be an Offensive Lineman.. Interior at that.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Having to pick 32nd in the draft, I think our pickings will be slim :wink: 8)

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Having to pick 32nd in the draft, I think our pickings will be slim :wink: 8)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Considering a lot of these drafts have had us picking second or third it looks like we've come a long ways in the minds of a at least a few doesn't it boys?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

nobody knows the draft order yet but he has the Falcons picking 4 and Minny picking 6. He gives the Falcons Darren McFadden and the vikings Brian Brohm. Altough D-McFadd is good the Falcons also have Jerious Norwood and QB is there biggest concern they would take Brian Brohm.

anyways I dont want another DT even if he is the best prospect at that point, we have way to many.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

trippster said:
THE GREEN BAY PACKERS SELECT MIKE HART RB MICHIGAN AS THEIR #1 PICK IN THE 2008 DRAFT!!!!!

i dont know, i never saw him as a first round type player. I think he slips to late 2nd or 3rd round

he's not particularly fast. breaking tackles and quickness is different from college to NFL. Best thing about him is he does not fumble.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hopefully we can trade up and get the number 1 overall pick from the Care Bears

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

how pissed am i that the mother freakin new england patriots got caught RED FREAKIN HANDED CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!

and the pick they lose is the 32nd pick in the draft! NOT NUMBER 10!!!
theoretically they could win the superbowl this year, then pick the number 10 draft pick. while we could get bounced in the first round and get the late 20s pick.

its official. I hate the patriots more than any other team in the NFL .... even more than the vikings! thats hate.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

how pissed am i that the mother freakin new england patriots got caught RED FREAKIN HANDED CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!

theoretically they could win the superbowl this year, then pick the number 10 draft pick. while we could get bounced in the first round and get the late 20s pick.

its official. I hate the patriots more than any other team in the NFL .... even more than the vikings! thats hate.

Im sure they care what you think as much as everyone on here

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

de_real_deal said:

Im sure they care what you think as much as everyone on here

who is this guy again?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i actually like the idea of mike hart... but i also like........ Gosder Cherilus

6 foot 7 320. runs the 40 in 5 flat.

currently coached by ... you guessed it JAGS!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:
I'd like to see a stud bump-and-run corner to groom behind Chuck 'n Al. Chris Houston was my dream last year, but ATL took him very early in the 2nd.

Never seen either of these guys play, but some analyst on the radio last nite or this morning said that they were "the two best corners in college football". They're on national TV tonight, so I'll check 'em out.

and

I go to USF and have watch these guys play multiple times. Jenkins is more athletic IMO, but Williams is better at adjusting to the ball in the air. Both have the size to play in our bump and run.

I see Jenkins as a high second rounder and Williams as a high 3rd. But with corners a lot depends on 40 times. We'll see how they run at the combine.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:

and

I go to USF and have watch these guys play multiple times. Jenkins is more athletic IMO, but Williams is better at adjusting to the ball in the air. Both have the size to play in our bump and run.

I see Jenkins as a high second rounder and Williams as a high 3rd. But with corners a lot depends on 40 times. We'll see how they run at the combine.

Sweet, thanks for the info, Millertime.

I'd just really like to see any corner with the potential to be a big-game guy. I'll probably have a much more informed opinion once this season is over and Combine season rolls around.

BTW, sorry bout your Bulls, man. I was hoping they'd make a good run this year. Still a good team, I believe though.

EDIT: Just saw on ESPN that Scouts, INC. has Jenkins currently ranked as the 29th overall player, and the 4th CB overall. Just thought that was interesting, being as he is right around the area the Pack should be drafting...

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What a load of ****!!
:shock:
Mock Drafts in October
:roflmao:

Not only that the author has to predict the exact draft-order
depending on the results of a season which has not yet reached
halfway-point. He also has to predict all offseason-activities
like trades, retirements, injuries, contract-disputes, off-field-troubles.......

Because of the above-mentioned I will herewith assure you, that
Green Bay will NOT pick another DT
:cross:
:lol:

Members online

Latest posts