Packers 20 Free Agents

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't get the advocating for Lang at C.

We are developing a decent line, we have two good guards, finally! (one great).

Just because Lang is a good guard doesn't mean he'll be a good center. Then we'll also have to worry about replacing him at guard.

I'd like to put an end to the day of the musical chairs on the line as we finally seem to be developing some continuity and are more likely to have success doing so.
We saw for ourselves that Lang was anything but a good C.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I don't get the advocating for Lang at C.

We are developing a decent line, we have two good guards, finally! (one great).

Just because Lang is a good guard doesn't mean he'll be a good center. Then we'll also have to worry about replacing him at guard.

I'd like to put an end to the day of the musical chairs on the line as we finally seem to be developing some continuity and are more likely to have success doing so.
First, with Bulaga coming back the line will be changed again regardless. Second, Barclay is a better football player than EDS with guard as his natural position. Third, this was not exactly a good line to begin with. Fourth, see the third point.

Lang hasn't played much center. A full off season of work should improve his game there. But there needs to be an early commitment to the change, which would be the case if EDS is allowed to shop himself in free agency.

I don't think EDS is bad player; I just don't think we should pay him when equal or better options are already being paid.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not draft a O Center? Travis Swanson might be available in the 1st half of the 3rd round. If not him, Weston Richburg or Bryan Stork could be had in the middle rounds somewhere.

Members online

Latest posts