Packer-Viking Game Photos

KansasViking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys. Great game Sunday. Got into the Dome a little late this week. I usually like to get more player pics than I do, but we were enjoying pre game festivities with some Packer fans this year. Had a great time. Got the game pics posted up here.

Game Photos

It was a great game Sunday. I still have not got used to having 15,000 Packer fans in the Dome doing "Go Pack Go." But it makes for a fun game. I personally thought the game was over at halftime and still can't believe we won the thing. I'm sure the Monday night rematch will be another great game.

Sure wish there hadn't been the injuries there were. Living here in Big 12 country I have followed Ahman Green since he was with Nebraska and really hated to see him lost for the season.

Either of our teams can still win this division, but honestly, even if we do, I don't see anyone going very far in the playoffs. But anything is possible.

Good luck Packer fans, and we will see you again on Nov. 21st!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kansas thanks much for stopping back out and linking those pics. Great job on the photos. What size lense were those taken with? I only ask as I wanted to get a new zoom for my digital SLR and wasn't sure what power I should be getting into. 50-200 or something that its 400mm or more? Your shots looked nice, guess it depends on how far away you were sitting too.

OP
OP
K

KansasViking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Kansas thanks much for stopping back out and linking those pics. Great job on the photos. What size lense were those taken with? I only ask as I wanted to get a new zoom for my digital SLR and wasn't sure what power I should be getting into. 50-200 or something that its 400mm or more? Your shots looked nice, guess it depends on how far away you were sitting too.

And thank you Ryan. I enjoyed the fans and football talk. Very glad to have a top site like yours in the Network.

I'm using an Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom. 10x zoom (38-380mm equivalent). I have also added a 1.7 magnifier taking it to app. 17x zoom.

I don't know where you sit in Lambeau, but if you get something along the lines of 300mm or larger you should be alright. My camera takes ok pictures in the Dome, but there really is not enough light for stop action.

Here is a pic I took last year when we went to Reliant Stadium to play the Texans. The players are at about mid-field and I'm in the second deck in the endzone. You can see that in regular light it does quite well and it will also give you an idea of what 380mm does for you.

http://www.kansasviking.com/imageshouston/jay_foreman.html

You can also see some of the other photos, as there is one of Marcus making a catch in the opposite endzone well over 100 yards away. This was all before I got the 1.7 magnifier. Hope this helps you out. If you have any other questions, give me a holler.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KV, thanks for the great info, and some NICE shots you have posted up there! I when I get closer to getting a lense I may bounce a question of two off of you!

Latest posts