Packer Video problems

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems viewing videos on the site. I've been putting up with it for most of the off season. The video will start and after about 10 seconds have to rebuff...and then start again. Sometimes the video will just randomly just stop and I have to restart from the beginning. And it does this for all videos not just the longer ones. I am using mozilla fire fox on a computer with windows vista so I think that might have something to do with it. Anyone have idea's on why this is happening and how to fix it?

OP
OP
P

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its been happening since January so its by no means a new problem...and its really starting to annoy me I'm now on my 10 restart of Arods interview yesterday. If I can't finish it this time then I am going to go to bed, he will be waiting to be watched tomorrow.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I use firefox, have all the updates(to my knowledge),etc...

Maybe its your web browser? Can we get the computer nerds in here? Zero, I'm looking in your direction.

OP
OP
P

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know I just wish I could get this to work. I think I am going to try watching them in internet explorer and seeing what happens but...I HATE ie.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
internet connection? broadband, phone line, or?

Change anything recently in that area?

If not try to uninstall firefox, then re-install it..dont uninstall it until you have the recent file downloaded.

if that still doesnt work, unplug your internet connection, reboot and then plug it back in

those are easy steps to work on right now that MIGHT help

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
On Vista you have to manually install the flash player for firefox.. it is Microsoft's little fu to firefox.. alot of the tools have to be manually installed.

We are running 3 Vista machines here, two wanted firefox instead of IE and both had the same issue. Running Vista Ultimate..

A pain in the ****.

OP
OP
P

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did the manual install the first time and then the update installed its self(I was shocked). I am on DSL and have been for about a year, and I never download the vids I try and watch them directly off the site. And I have power cycled the modem many times and it never helps. And I doubt its a bandwith issue also because sometimes I try to do this with out anything else open and it still won't work right. I am so sick and tired of the video's stopping and having to resume from the beginning...thankfully you can fastfoward though what you have already seen but then you have to wait about 5-10 minutes for it to rebuff and it still will stop about 3 minutes later.

I used to have a problem pausing video, if I left a video paused for two long it would restart from the beginning(usually after about 3 minutes). This got fixed last night in the update that flash had me install and I was hopeing it would fix all issues but it hasn't.

Could this be happening because my Acrobat Reader isn't up to date...I know that sounds nuts because thats used mainly for reading pdf files but thats the only other thing I could think of.

Members online

Latest posts