Packer Song: Green and Yellow

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sweet song. I know rap might not be for everyone, but it is a song that could get you pumped up on game day.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3xxiGLFOdg]YouTube - GREEN AND YELLOW[/ame]

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
someone should mix it in with highlights from this season

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeah"... I can see that!

I don't think i've ever heard the word yellow so much in a rap song! Still seeing flashing while i'm typing!

the "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah" part could be Clay in the predator pose! well and of course mega shots of fans screaming!:fan_1:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sweet song. I know rap might not be for everyone, but it is a song that could get you pumped up on game day.

YouTube - GREEN AND YELLOW

Green and Yellow? Is this a joke? I have researched references of the Packer colors going back to 1921, and in only one year was the color called yellow! Wake up and smell the roses. It has always been called Gold and some stupid song is not going to change history. Check your facts before you post. Jesus, what a waste of time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Green and Yellow? Is this a joke? I have researched references of the Packer colors going back to 1921, and in only one year was the color called yellow! Wake up and smell the roses. It has always been called Gold and some stupid song is not going to change history. Check your facts before you post. Jesus, what a waste of time.

No one is asking to change history?

This would be an example of you getting all worked up for nothing

Its a rap song for people to enjoy

Btw, you know who Rob is???

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No one is asking to change history?

This would be an example of you getting all worked up for nothing

Its a rap song for people to enjoy

Btw, you know who Rob is???

To answer your points:

Singing Green and Yellow as a way to fire up the fans is phony. The Packer color is Gold. Why can't they redo the rap song to "Green and Gold?"

The only things I know that are green and yellow are unripe and ripe bananas.

No sir, I am not worked up. I am amused more than anything. I am just in search of accuracy.

Rap song fine. But not to be the Packer fight song.. I prefer "Who let the dogs out."

Yes, I know who Rob is. What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
To answer your points:

Singing Green and Yellow as a way to fire up the fans is phony. The Packer color is Gold. Why can't they redo the rap song to "Green and Gold?"

No sir, I am not worked up. I am amused more than anything. I am just in search of accuracy.

Rap song fine. But not to be the Packer fight song.. I prefer "Who let the dogs out."

Yes, I know who Rob is. What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

Its a RAP song, the guy isnt trying to make history..they guy is/was trying to have fun, so what? And when you slam the guy who posts the video, it does appear to others that your irratated at the video..I.E. "worked up"

Maybe green and gold didnt sound right to him, but green and yellow did?

And to be honest even though the official color is called a 1235 gold, 1235 is in the yellow section of the pantone color chart..Golds are 872, 874 area

I use that chart every day at work, and always baffled me why its called a gold when not even close to a gold

Just thought it was odd your slamming ( or picking on Rob) he is the owner of the site...Even though you have the right to question his posts, just is odd when some one does

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its a RAP song, the guy isnt trying to make history..they guy is/was trying to have fun, so what? And when you slam the guy who posts the video, it does appear to others that your irratated at the video..I.E. "worked up"

Maybe green and gold didnt sound right to him, but green and yellow did?

And to be honest even though the official color is called a 1235 gold, 1235 is in the yellow section of the pantone color chart..Golds are 872, 874 area

I use that chart every day at work, and always baffled me why its called a gold when not even close to a gold

Just thought it was odd your slamming ( or picking on Rob) he is the owner of the site...Even though you have the right to question his posts, just is odd when some one does

Sir, do not put words in my mouth, I did not slam a video. I never saw any video. I never heard of the song until Rob brought it up. I will accept your apology.

And the fine tuning of what is Gold and what is not was impressive....you are a professional car painter?

Show me where I slammed Rob, all I did was question why Green and Yellow should be a song embraced by Green and Gold Packer fans. I have nothing against Rob. I admire him. He runs the best Packer site in the world.

Sir, I do not want to argue with you, I respect you. So let us drop this matter, please.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Show me where I slammed Rob, all I did was question why Green and Yellow should be a song embraced by Green and Gold Packer fans. I have nothing against Rob. I admire him. He runs the best Packer site in the world.

Wake up and smell the roses. It has always been called Gold and some stupid song is not going to change history. Check your facts before you post. Jesus, what a waste of time.

Thats slamming Rob in my book

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Listen up...I was born in Milwaukee, we both are Packer fans , I want us to be be friends. Truce please.

PackersFan28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To answer your points:

The reason it is "Green and Yellow" is because the song is a remix of the very famous rap song "Black and Yellow." I personally like both songs.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
"Yeeeeeeeeeeeah"... I can see that!

I don't think i've ever heard the word yellow so much in a rap song! Still seeing flashing while i'm typing!

the "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah" part could be Clay in the predator pose! well and of course mega shots of fans screaming!:fan_1:

The reason it is "Green and Yellow" is because the song is a remix of the very famous rap song "Black and Yellow." I personally like both songs.

Wow,..so I stand corrected! The word "yellow" was in a rap song before this one!

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From an old coach's perspective, the reason yellow is never called yellow in athletics is because it implies cowardice or weakness (you're yellow, yellow belly, etc.). Therefore, yellow is always referred to as gold or something besides yellow. Not familiar with hip hop protocol so not sure how it applies in that context.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok

I am sorry you have nothing better to do then ***** and moan

Sir, I have told you how much I respect Rob and that I consider his web site the best Packer Forum in the country.

Sir, I have told you that I respected you.

Sir, I told you that we are both Packer Fans and that we should be friends.

I thought that was the end of your problem with me.

And then, not allowing to let sleeping dogs lay, you have the urge to throw a cheap shot at me.

Sir, you are very childish. If all you can do is insult me, than don't bother responding to my posts.

PackersFan28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is another one, and this one says "Green and gold faithful" at the beginning:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWEh4YCzqQw]YouTube - Green and Yellow OFFICIAL VIDEO[/ame]

Members online

Latest posts