Packer Nation, I Need Your Help!

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm looking to plan my first pilgrimage from California to Lambeau for the Sept. 14th game against the Jets. I've traveled to a few other stadiums to watch the Pack play but when it comes to Green Bay I have no idea what I'm doing. I need some tips from you guys so I can have that ultimate Packers experience I've always wanted and finally see the majority of fans in Green and Gold.

Fly or Drive? Where to stay? Where to buy tickets? Where to eat? Best time to visit Packers HOF?

Thanks in advance guys.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't live there and haven't been to a game there since McCarthy's first ever in 2006 losing to the Bears.
So I am not one with tips, but I AM HAPPY FOR YOU!
And I too want to go to that game.

Instead, I am just going to the game AT BUFFALO in mid-September, and the Super Bowl Feb 1 in Glendale AZ.

D

Deleted member 6794

Fly or Drive? Where to stay? Where to buy tickets? Where to eat? Best time to visit Packers HOF?

Thanks in advance guys.

Packer Fan Tours is the official tour company of the Packers, they sell packages including hotel and tickets and some other stuff. The HOF is closed until 2015.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're making the pilgrimage to Green Bay! You should find your answers in The Green Bay Life Forum:

http://www.packerforum.com/forums/the-green-bay-life.16/

I will leave your thread in this forum for a few days so more people will see it, then I will move it to the Green Bay Life Forum. I hope you find what you need and have a wonderful, safe journey to Green Bay!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Thanks in advance guys.

personal preference on flying or driving. I would fly. Stay at the best rate you can find, fox valley isnt that big. Call the hotel and they should be able to arrange transportation. lots of good places to eat, really depends on what you like. a local museum has the hall of fame (or at least a version of it) so check that out

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make your plans fast--on game weekends rooms fill up fast around Green Bay. Great bar across the street of the west side of Lambeau--Kroll's West--where you can get a good steak sandwich and refreshments pre-game. Bring your rosary, you're in for a heavenly experience as you enter Lambeau.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume they still doing the stadium tours. Check into that since the official HOF is closed. I've heard that the tour is outstanding, especially when you get to enter the stadium through the tunnel.

They also have the new walking tour through Green Bay that Cliff Christl helped put together.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make your plans fast--on game weekends rooms fill up fast around Green Bay. Great bar across the street of the west side of Lambeau--Kroll's West--where you can get a good steak sandwich and refreshments pre-game. Bring your rosary, you're in for a heavenly experience as you enter Lambeau.
I'm a big Kroll's West fan.
Great place.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are staying and the stadium tour is open take it, very in depth and very knowledgeable about the history of the team. Even get onto the field a little, but not the locker rooms. Curly's Pub (Was open when I went 10 years ago) is a great high class bar type establishment in Lambeau, serves a great burger and fries though. Normal circumstances I would recommend touring the hall of fame, but I think I heard it's closed. Also the pro-shop might help you find a cheesehead or jersey that you want.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I drove from Texas to Green Bay last season and it was a looong drive but I did enjoy the sights. We didn't stay in GB because everything was sold out! But I did eat at Krolls...it was just ok to me but I did see Mark Murphy! He held the door open for us:)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
[quotis ="El Guapo, post: 554784, member: 5830"]I assume they still doing the stadium tours. Check into that since the official HOF is closed. I've heard that the tour is outstanding, especially when you get to enter the stadium through the tunnel.

They also have the new walking tour through Green Bay that Cliff Christl helped put together.[/quote]
Hall is closed however a good portion of the Hall's stuff is on display at the Nueville Museum I believe.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I drove from Texas to Green Bay last season and it was a looong drive but I did enjoy the sights. We didn't stay in GB because everything was sold out! But I did eat at Krolls...it was just ok to me but I did see Mark Murphy! He held the door open for us:)
Did you hit the tail gate party at Kroll's West.
One of the best times I had there was when a bunch of Raiders fans invaded the party all in their regalia.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We hit up the tundra tailgate thing...was real nice. One thing I can say about Green Bay is the locals were sooo nice. If it didn't get so cold id consider buying a home there.. Then again? I didn't leave Ohio to be back in the cold. Wonderful experience tho absolutely.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't live there and haven't been to a game there since McCarthy's first ever in 2006 losing to the Bears.
So I am not one with tips, but I AM HAPPY FOR YOU!
And I too want to go to that game.

Instead, I am just going to the game AT BUFFALO in mid-September, and the Super Bowl Feb 1 in Glendale AZ.

Isn't the GB-BUF game in December?

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Southern California, near Riverside.

Stadium tour is definitely something I want to go for. Appreciate all the tips guys! Keep em' coming! The more the better.

I'm driving from NJ for this game. I'm a Jets fan and am bringing a few other Jet fans, but so far we've found from interacting with Packer fans on here as well as Twitter that some of the best bars are:

Kroll's West, Bar Holmgren Way, Stadium View Bar & Grill, Fuzzy's 63, Titletown Brewing Company (bar as well), Packer Stadium Lounge and Booze Hounds.

Not sure if anyone here can confirm/deny all of these places, as I want to state again I haven't been to GB but cannot wait to make this trip.

We are definitely going to to do the stadium tour on Saturday morning/afternoon as well as drive by Lombardi's old house, visit the church he visited and check out City Stadium and the Packers Heritage Trail.

We are staying at the Tundra Lodge, about 4 blocks from Lambeau, but judging by their website they're all booked for that weekend. We are driving in Friday the 12th. Hitting up Chicago on the 11th.

We'll have to grab a beer Gerard.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If only it had been Ted Thompson !!!

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gerard,

To answer a few of your questions:

1) From Riverside to GB is over 2000 miles (as you know) the flight situation is really very easy from Ontario airport or OC to Milwaukee on Southwest. From there you would rent a car and drive the 109 miles to the stadium area.

2) Some have suggested packer fan tours. They are the official tour provider for the packers and they certainly charge for it. I am the president of VIP Fan Experiences, LLC. We are a full-service sports concierge based in Green Bay. We have developed exclusive partnerships with area businesses and have exclusive access to a full-service tailgate party just behind Kroll's. Our clients tend to take advantage of what we have to offer there for a few hours (exclusive to our package clients) then experience the Kroll's music and crowd for the 30 minutes (and a beer and shot) heading into the game. Our place is ~ 50 yards from Kroll's with full bathroom and all you would ever need.

3) Lodging - there are several options in the area. None of them are cheap or luxury (there is one 4* hotel and a couple 3.5*. We have reserved some value options for clients in advance of the games, and are really good at getting last minute "deals" (I use quotations because rooms are limited and expensive). When clients are on a budget we put them up in Appleton, which is a community about 25 minutes from Lambeau filled with bars and restaurants (we tend to use the hotel where the opposing team stays).

4) On Saturday prior to the game we have an exclusive craft brewery tour, stadium tour reservations (it is operational during the construction), and provide a custom itinerary of things to do in the area. Also, one of our representatives is at the tailgate and game you choose to go to (we have season tickets and attend every home game). We are available throughout the process.
I hope that answers your questions on traveling to GB for the Jets game. We have packages available for all home games. Feel free to visit our website at www.vipfanexperiences.com. Our Packers-specific link is: http://www.vipfanexperiences.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/

Also feel free to email us at [email protected]. Reference packer forum in your email!

Bottom line, although we would love to book a package for you we are Packer fans first and foremost and are willing to help here on the forum in any way possible. We also know we can get you a much better value on everything than the guys at the other place. It's not a shot at them, they just have different overhead and priorities (i.e. large groups). We handle large groups as well, but cater to smaller groups and individuals coming to GB for the first through fiftieth time.

CrazyRussian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi to everyone! Sorry fo my English:)
I can't to make a therad at this forum and I'm writing here.
So I join to this question.
I'm from Russia and I'm Packers fan since 2004 when I saw Brett Favre with the ball firsr time:)
I'm going to come in US this autumn and will make documentary road movie about american football fans culture.
Yes I'm the crazy columnist and wtiting about NFL and NCAA from 2009 for Russians:))))
The main purpose for me is Packers home game with ****in bears and crybaby Jay Cutler.
Another purprose for me is learn English in one of the Miami's language schools. Why Miami? Communication with the dark-skinned girls and latina would interesting experience for me;DDD
So...I compiled the route:
23-23 Oct. I'll arrive in NY----> 25 Oct. will visit OSU at Penn St ---> 26 Oct. Colts at Steelers ---->1 Nov. ND vs Navy ---> 9 Nov. Packers at Bears ----> visit ND campus/to see Chicago city ----> 17 Nov. study Englisfh 4 weeks also I can visit Miami vs Florida St game on 15 November and Florida vs Florida State game on 29 November----> NY 15-16 Dec. and home, sweet home:))))
Waiting for your advice, suggestions and proposals.
I'm interested in how good parting words, and tips on saving money, as the ride will hit my budget. :))))

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Hi to everyone! Sorry fo my English:)
I can't to make a therad at this forum and I'm writing here.
So I join to this question.
I'm from Russia and I'm Packers fan since 2004 when I saw Brett Favre with the ball firsr time:)
I'm going to come in US this autumn and will make documentary road movie about american football fans culture.
Yes I'm the crazy columnist and wtiting about NFL and NCAA from 2009 for Russians:))))
The main purpose for me is Packers home game with ****** bears and crybaby Jay Cutler.
Another purprose for me is learn English in one of the Miami's language schools. Why Miami? Communication with the dark-skinned girls and latina would interesting experience for me;DDD
So...I compiled the route:
23-23 Oct. I'll arrive in NY----> 25 Oct. will visit OSU at Penn St ---> 26 Oct. Colts at Steelers ---->1 Nov. ND vs Navy ---> 9 Nov. Packers at Bears ----> visit ND campus/to see Chicago city ----> 17 Nov. study Englisfh 4 weeks also I can visit Miami vs Florida St game on 15 November and Florida vs Florida State game on 29 November----> NY 15-16 Dec. and home, sweet home:))))
Waiting for your advice, suggestions and proposals.
I'm interested in how good parting words, and tips on saving money, as the ride will hit my budget. :))))

Good manors , humility , and tolerance go a long way in being treated well. Be very careful with your luggage and your money/passport. Find a way to quickly translate languages , understanding solves many problems. Research the weather conditions you may face at the different locations you will visit/time of the year. Sample unfamiliar foods first (if possible ) , drink bottled water whenever possible.

I wish you well and believe your film may be of interest to American Sports Networks. Good Luck .

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Don't just do Lambeau.....go to the East side and find City Stadium behind East High. Curly Lambeau's birth home isn't far away from there. In the Allouez Catholic Cemetary you can also find Curly's grave. Vince Lombardi's house is in Allouez and you can find the Union Hotel in DePere. Do some research and you can make a real pilgrimage.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't just do Lambeau.....go to the East side and find City Stadium behind East High. Curly Lambeau's birth home isn't far away from there. In the Allouez Catholic Cemetary you can also find Curly's grave. Vince Lombardi's house is in Allouez and you can find the Union Hotel in DePere. Do some research and you can make a real pilgrimage.

Aside from visiting the grave site, I have already researched and planned seeing all of these things on Friday when we arrive before we park the car Friday night until Monday morning!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Aside from visiting the grave site, I have already researched and planned seeing all of these things on Friday when we arrive before we park the car Friday night until Monday morning!

Sweeeet. Gravesite is pretty awesome. There is is family gravestone and then the packers have put a gravestone up as well. Its very nice and definitely worth seeing.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweeeet. Gravesite is pretty awesome. There is is family gravestone and then the packers have put a gravestone up as well. Its very nice and definitely worth seeing.

Thanks man. Will have to look into it. Less than 9 weeks away. Getting excited.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts