1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packer fans, who do you give the Rookie of the Year to?

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by FrankRizzo, Dec 27, 2012.

?

Who gets your vote for ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

1. Russell Wilson, Seattle

14.8%
  2. RG3

48.1%
  3. Luck

37.0%
  1. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    The Redskins seem to hover aroun .500 every yr.
    RGIII has helped a lot and given that fan base / team somthing to cheer about.

Wilson was / is a huge suprise and is having a great season not to mention getting Seattle into the playoffs.

But my vote would go to Luck.
    In the come from behind games he won he looked like a Vet.
    and NO ONE thought the Colts would be in this postion at the begining of the season.
    This team was garbage last year....
    Luck deserves the award and I hope they slap up Houston this weekend.
    That place is going to be going bananas on Sunday!
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    I would prefer the men at the top of the Colts to get the most recognition the more I think about it. Arians/Pagano/Grigson.

This Colts team gives me the warm fuzzies!!!! We are such a fearless little group of small market misfits. :inlove:
  3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,667 / 62 / -35
    Packer Fan Since:
    Most experts I have talked to said Griffin has been the best by far of them, but in the last month-2, Wilson has been the best.
    Luck has been asked to do the most, and he has as far as yardage and Ints. His TD production still isn't higher though.

However, because he had 2 years of superhype at Stanford and because many said he was the most NFL-ready QB prospect since Elway, etc..... he has the hype you usually only see from NFC East teams... and Luck is, I heard, the Vegas betting favorite for this award.
  4. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175 / 2 / -0

Rodgers didn't start his rookie year.

Character doesn't factor into an award.

You can say all you want about a team not really being a 2-14 team but the fact is that the colts were a 2-14 team last year. They were terrible. Luck has done more with less and it's really not even close on the talent comparisons from the colts to the redskins. You really can't go wrong with either and even though Luck clearly has done more with less I give a slight nod to RGIII.

not sure about defensive ROY but I would like to see hayward win it

Edit:

It's also worth noting that completion % and interceptions, while they offer some merit, are not even close to being the top factors in what makes a good quarterback.
  5. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Skins rookie RB Alfred Morris deserves more credit than he recieves for turning the team around. Great talent.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,358 / 74 / -394
    Packer Fan Since:
    If luck wins this award, how much you wanna bet Al Sharpton comes out with some race related comments about how the "black man" was held back? Not nice to say, and I don't mean anything negative by that, but it's the truth. Either sharpton or some commentator will speak of it...bet on it.
  7. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    You're one of the only Colts fans I know that won't admit they threw the season last year. That's the ONLY explanation for starting Curtis Painter for 8 straight games. It wasn't because the coaching staff was too dumb. It's because they did as they were told.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    The point was he's never had a perfect passer rating.

Production and efficiency are top of the list. RG3 blows Luck away in these aspects. Frankly, if Luck's last name was "Weeden" or "Tannehill" with the exact same performace, he wouldn't even be in the conversation. The talk would be about whether Pagano/Arians should share the COY award. Do you really think Wilson and RG3 wouldn't have done at least as well win-wise with the Colts this year? Please. Frank hit it on the head regarding the hype machine.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    If he wins it, there's be a whole lot of WTF all over the place by anyone who pays attention.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +835 / 178 / -43
    Packer Fan Since:
    RGIII. Honestly you have to ask yourself....who would you not wanna face RGIII, Luck, or Wilson?? we lost to Luck but that was one of the worse collapses i've seen. I'd hate to gameplan against RGIII.
  11. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    He's everything Michael Vick was supposed to have been plus brains and accuracy. He'll be MVP at least once in his career.
  12. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378 / 30 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    Casey Hayward for DROY
  13. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +580 / 31 / -20
    My only argument against your Colts theory is that Painter was the back up since 2009. It wasn't like they signed him at the beginning of the year to "throw the season". The Colts kept him on the roster for two full seasons before naming him the starter last season. The Colts were legitimately grooming him to be a serviceable backup/future starter.
  14. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,667 / 62 / -35
    Packer Fan Since:
    It shows how lucky they were to get Luck, someone they said was the most NFL-ready prospect at QB since...... they landed Manning.
  15. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +580 / 31 / -20
    I totally agree. Look at the poor Chiefs. They're last playoff win was quarterbacked by Joe Montana. They'll have the first pick this year, but no good options at quarterback. They'll draft either a DT, DE or OT.
  16. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,667 / 62 / -35
    Packer Fan Since:
    Look for them to go the Jamarcus Russell route, and take Geno Smith as their supposed QB of the future.
  17. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +580 / 31 / -20
    I don't think they have to go that route. Geno Smith or Matt Barkley could be available with their first pick in the second round. There are also always teams eager to trade a pick between #21 and #29 for a 2013 second round and future pick (usually a 2014 first or second round pick).
  18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,358 / 74 / -394
    Packer Fan Since:
    The chiefs just need a QB better than Brady Quinn......so why not draft me, I'll work for the league minimum.lol