Packer fans voted best by Forbes

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we really need a study to show that?
I thought we always knew that we were the best fans.

Green and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are the NFL's best fans for a lot of reasons that didn't make this list. Granted it's Forbes, but they seem to define the quality of a fan by how much money they spend on merchandise and tickets.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Forbes article is just silly. It is deeply flawed because several of the criteria (percentage of home market that watched a game and its metric on social media of facebook and twitter) are based on that the team’s home metro population. The smaller the population, the lesser percentage of transplants, not to mention smaller sample size.
One of the things that makes the Packers fan base so special is that it transcends local affiliation. I myself am originally from Seattle and now live in New York.Packer fans span not just the nation, but are also worldwide. Not to mention how emotionally invested so many millions of us are in this team.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I wanna know is ..... who the HELL is the 16% that live in GB and dont like the packers? I need to have a little chat with them. :mad:
My uncle was born and raised in Wisconsin. He became a Vikings fan to spite my relatives when him and my aunt got married. I'm sure that 16% is representative of something like that.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
My uncle was born and raised in Wisconsin. He became a Vikings fan to spite my relatives when him and my aunt got married. I'm sure that 16% is representative of something like that.

Every time the family had a get together, I would be whoopin his ***...... he would be beatn into being a packers fan......if that was my family, they would have disowned him or he would be resting at the bottom of lake michigan lol

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"spite" is probably the number 1 reason people become Vikings fans (and players)

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind that the fan base is the best. I have been all over the world for business and pleasure over these past few decades and, no matter where I am, it seems that I bump into someone wearing Packer gear (or a Packer fan bumps into me while I am wearing Packer gear). My wife even jokes about it, as it has happened so often.

I always stop and chat with this person for a while and have always found them to be friendly and fun to talk to. Even have stopped long enough to find a tavern/pub/bar and have a drink or two with some of them.

Just last Saturday (20 mins prior to the game), as I was getting some beer from the store up the road from my home (I live in Texas), I saw a guy with a Badgers shirt on. As we crossed paths, I said, "Packer kick-off in twenty minutes". He replied, "Yeah, just getting some beer." After a couple of "Go Pack" comments, we went our separate ways.

Packer fans are the best.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are the NFL's best fans for a lot of reasons that didn't make this list. Granted it's Forbes, but they seem to define the quality of a fan by how much money they spend on merchandise and tickets.
Yup. Because it's Forbes they are looking at it from an economical and business stand point.
Even though football is big business the Packers don't feel like it with their down home community fan base and team.
That's what Forbes missed out on. The over all felling of loyalty of being a Packers fan.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11386641/study-says-green-bay-packers-nfl-best-fans

The Forbes rankings were based on the hometown crowd reach, social media reach based on the area's population and three years' worth of Nielsen television ratings, stadium capacity percentage and merchandise sales via NFLShop.com.
All you have to do is look at my signature and any Packer away game. You can go anywhere in the world and if your wearing some Packer gear you will make a new friend.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I wanna know is ..... who the HELL is the 16% that live in GB and dont like the packers? I need to have a little chat with them. :mad:
"

I don't know how any polling organization can poll over 252,000 residents of Green Bay/Brown County to find out if these residents are Packer fans or not Packer fans .

Many people have moved into Green Bay through years from other places in the USA and other Countries, they may still fans of other NFL team or soccer teams . We have over 20,000 undocumented immigrants move into Green Bay in last 2 decades . However, I see many minorities wearing Packer gear.

All I can say most Green Bay residents are overwhelmingly Packer fans. I can not put percentage figure to it. However when the Packer game is on TV , there are very few cars traveling on Green Bay streets during hours the Packer game is on TV. .

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
"

I don't know how any polling organization can poll over 252,000 residents of Green Bay/Brown County to find out if these residents are Packer fans or not Packer fans .

Many people have moved into Green Bay through years from other places in the USA and other Countries, they may still fans of other NFL team or soccer teams . We have over 20,000 undocumented immigrants move into Green Bay in last 2 decades . However, I see many minorities wearing Packer gear.

All I can say most Green Bay residents are overwhelmingly Packer fans. I can not put percentage figure to it. However when the Packer game is on TV , there are very few cars traveling on Green Bay streets during hours the Packer game is on TV. .
Ummm..... yes, I know all that..... I was joking ya know?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts