Packer fans should consider themselves fortunate!

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brad Childress convinced Ziggy Wilf that Green Bay was very interested in him as their head coach. Ziggy bought this line of crap, and hired Childress on the spot. Consider yourselves lucky.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Childress made it sound as if the Green Bay job was his for the taking. I've always found that hard to believe. I'm glad we got McCarthy.

What's the feeling in Viking Land now that the season is over?

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Childress made it sound as if the Green Bay job was his for the taking. I've always found that hard to believe. I'm glad we got McCarthy.

The feelings are mixed here in Viking land. You have your Childress supporters on one hand, and the fans that think the Vikings made a big mistake when they hired Childress. I fall into the latter category.
We have a tougher schedule next season. I would have to believe if we don't make the playoffs next year Childress will be gone.

I am pulling for the Pack now. Good luck!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

The feelings are mixed here in Viking land. You have your Childress supporters on one hand, and the fans that think the Vikings made a big mistake when they hired Childress. I fall into the latter category.
We have a tougher schedule next season. I would have to believe if we don't make the playoffs next year Childress will be gone.

I have to commend you for being such a good sport. When I spend an entire season (or in the case of the Vikings, an entire lifetime) being against a team, I can't stick up for them ever. I couldn't do it if I tried, and I don't try anyway. But I have respect for fans who can put all of that aside sometimes.

I wonder if maybe you have family who are Packer fans. My dad was a Bears fan, so I can stick up for the Bears sometimes. But not the Vikings. My blood still boils when I remember Fran Tarkenton running around back there. The Packers could never catch him. My mom and grandma would be yelling at the TV, "Get him! Get him!" The men in the family would just be shaking their heads in disgust.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Greg C. said:

I have to commend you for being such a good sport. When I spend an entire season (or in the case of the Vikings, an entire lifetime) being against a team, I can't stick up for them ever. I couldn't do it if I tried, and I don't try anyway. But I have respect for fans who can put all of that aside sometimes.

I wonder if maybe you have family who are Packer fans. My dad was a Bears fan, so I can stick up for the Bears sometimes. But not the Vikings. My blood still boils when I remember Fran Tarkenton running around back there. The Packers could never catch him. My mom and grandma would be yelling at the TV, "Get him! Get him!" The men in the family would just be shaking their heads in disgust.
Yup! Thanks Vike4life for pulling for us!!!!
Greg, i remember Tarkenton.......but i just couldn't HATE him. He was SO talented! And not a jerk. But believe me, i spent MANY hours yelling "Get him! Get him!!!" The man drove me nuts!
(Wasn't really a "drive", more like a " short putt!") :lol:

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Greg C. said:

Those are some great highlights. The Packers defensive lineman near collapsing of exhaustion after chasing Tarkenton around for so long.

I do have a number of friends who are Packer fans, along with my sister in law, and my sister is dating a Packer fan. I think they are about to get engaged. He is a good guy. It always makes it more fun during the season. Making wagers on the Vikings/Packers games. Talking smack during the week leading to the game. Of course, I was a glutton for punishment after the 34-0 rout. But, they handed it out, and I took it. If the situation was reversed I could have been the one dishing it out. Plus, I always root for the NFC North in the playoffs. I just want to see our division do well.

I guess the bottom line is I do have many Packer fans that I consider family or friends, and now that my team is out of it I will support them and their team.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks again Vike4life! Believe it or not (maybe i shouldn't admit it here....LOL!) When the Vikes were 15-1 and in the playoffs, i was rooting for them! A friend if mine is a die hard Viking fan, and i SO wanted him to FINALLY get his shot at glory.
Alas.............t'was not to be.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks again Vike4life! Believe it or not (maybe i shouldn't admit it here....LOL!) When the Vikes were 15-1 and in the playoffs, i was rooting for them! A friend if mine is a die hard Viking fan, and i SO wanted him to FINALLY get his shot at glory.
Alas.............t'was not to be.

Your very welcome Cheesey. Maybe someday you will get the chance to root for the Vikes again. But for now, Go Pack!

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cheer against every team the Vikings face. I do not hate those teams.

Here are the the things I hate.
1. Running out of beer on Sunday.
2. Bin Laden
3. Running out of beer on Saturday.
4. Al-Queida
5. Running out of beer on Friday
6. Terrorists.
7. Running out of beer on Thursday
8. The war in Iraq.
9. Running out of beer on Wednesday.
10. Rising gas prices.
11. Running out of beer on Tuesday
12. Paying taxes.
13. Running out of beer on Monday.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cheer against every team the Vikings face. I do not hate those teams.

Here are the the things I hate.
1. Running out of beer on Sunday.
2. Bin Laden
3. Running out of beer on Saturday.
4. Al-Queida
5. Running out of beer on Friday
6. Terrorists.
7. Running out of beer on Thursday
8. The war in Iraq.
9. Running out of beer on Wednesday.
10. Rising gas prices.
11. Running out of beer on Tuesday
12. Paying taxes.
13. Running out of beer on Monday.
Pretty good list Vike4! :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot to add my ex-wife to the list. :wink:
I was talking to my first wife yesterday..........i think she still loves me.

Oh...........she's my ONLY wife! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Vike, we really dodged a bullet with this one.

We also have learned from this not to judge the choices of McCarthy and Thompson right away, Give them time. Things turn out better in the long run.

Does anyone believe in fate?

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best ending to this season would be Brett Favre leading the Packers to a victory over the undefeated Patriots in the super bowl.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brad Childress convinced Ziggy Wilf that Green Bay was very interested in him as their head coach. Ziggy bought this line of crap, and hired Childress on the spot. Consider yourselves lucky.

Wow! You just made my day better.
Sorry it was at your expense though. :roll:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
vike4life said:
Greg C. said:

Those are some great highlights. The Packers defensive lineman near collapsing of exhaustion after chasing Tarkenton around for so long.

I do have a number of friends who are Packer fans, along with my sister in law, and my sister is dating a Packer fan. I think they are about to get engaged. He is a good guy. It always makes it more fun during the season. Making wagers on the Vikings/Packers games. Talking smack during the week leading to the game. Of course, I was a glutton for punishment after the 34-0 rout. But, they handed it out, and I took it. If the situation was reversed I could have been the one dishing it out. Plus, I always root for the NFC North in the playoffs. I just want to see our division do well.

I guess the bottom line is I do have many Packer fans that I consider family or friends, and now that my team is out of it I will support them and their team.

Vike - I have family that's all of the NFC North teams, so even da Bears, my father is a Bear fan. Come the Playoffs, I always root for the NFC North team. I'm from the Mid-West and most of my relatives on my father's side are somewhere there.

I was really upset when da Bears lost the SB last year, and when you guys were 15-1, I was very upset that you didn't win it all. I was also a HUGE Barry Sanders fan and really wanted him to retire with an SB ring. I was so glad Walter Payton got his ring.

As for Tarkenton, class act. He's humble and makes jokes about his failure to get that ring. He has actually become a very successful businessman, and I'm happy for him. Yes, I was mad when he would be running around and we couldn't sack him, but they we'd be 4-10 and you guys would be in the Playoffs, I wanted you guys to win.

Members online

Latest posts