Packer fans deserve this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Cowboys fans. Here's the deal:

You deserve this. Not because you did something wrong, but because it's your time. You had a great QB for 16 years, now you deserve to live on the other side.

Maybe your franchise was right in moving on. Aaron Rodgers looks pretty good. However, this decision comes with a price, and you're paying it. Now, if Favre takes your rival to the Superbowl . . . it wasn't a good decision. It may be indirect self-destruction. Aaron Rodgers looks good, puts up nice stats. However, GB was 13-3 w/ Favre with the SAME roster and then 6-10 with Rodgers. Sorry guys. It's not the O-line. He holds the ball too long. Get rid of it! If Favre held the ball as long as he does, he'd have been sacked a lot too. Aaron Rodgers is kind of like Romo. Stats, stats, stats. Favre, like Aikman, is a winner. You had Favre for 16 years. Now, you know what it's like to play against him. He's pretty good isn't he? Rodgers is a fantasy football guy. But the fumbles, sacks and ints won't get you to the playoffs.

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you saying the Pack won't get to the playoffs with this kind of play?

Did you not watch any of the pre-season???

I joke. Need a little humor, even if it's bad. :\

If there's a playoff in the Packer's future this year, it will take some massive failure by many NFC teams, and squeek in by the skin of their teeth. At this point, I give them a 35% chance.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait wait wait. You started this whole thread wrong. Just because the cowboys have a a crap QB doesn't mean you have to spew false information that we have a crap QB. Rodgers is WAY better than Romo and has the potential to be better than Favre. He made a couple mistakes this game and all will be corrected before this season is over.

Good luck with sub 500 season Cowboys fan.

OP
OP
B

Bastian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last I checked Romo has already whipped Rodger's *** once. And Romo has a winning record as a starter, too. Been to the playoffs twice. Pro Bowl twice. Anything more? Enough said. Rodgers? 8-12, that's about it.

OP
OP
B

Bastian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"has the potential to be better than Favre"

Pace yourself with those acid squares.

OP
OP
B

Bastian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo 29-14 as a starter, Rodgers, 8-12. You make me laugh, losers.

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WE know Rodgers is a good quarterback at the very least. That's even better than serviceable. He has flashes of being a top tier quarterback.

Romo's been around longer, so really, not a totally valid argument at this point.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...and he did great in the Playoffs right? That great play against the Seahawks...the perfect played game against the Giants...the epic game against the Eagles last year. The perfect decision against the Broncos this week: "I will attack Champ Bailey. Twice! Don't think that he is that good of a CB".

If we deserve this, you may well deserve to not win a playoff game in...how many years? 12?

BinaryMasta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jamarcus is better than both of your QB's...
*waits for the laughter to die down..*
*Cries in a corner*

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. The talk was that Russell could send a pass 80 yards while sitted. But we don't know what he can do while standing up!

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jamarcus is better than both of your QB's...
*waits for the laughter to die down..*
*Cries in a corner*

Since you're not the vikings, not in the Packers division or in the NFC, I feel for you. Kind of. Perenial failure can be quite funny from the outside looking in. I mean, it's Al Davis after all...

Tim S.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smoaky's Cowboy Blog

Last I checked Romo has already whipped Rodger's *** once. And Romo has a winning record as a starter, too. Been to the playoffs twice. Pro Bowl twice. Anything more? Enough said. Rodgers? 8-12, that's about it.

Posted in Our Blog on 09/25/2009 03:05 pm by Smoaky
Dallas Cowboys’ Romo just hasn’t been the same lately
Column by JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News |
IRVING – Right now, we have no idea where Tony Romo fits into the NFL’s quarterback hierarchy.
Is he a franchise quarterback? A solid starter? Or is he the ultimate tease, a coach-killer who will always leave you wanting more?
Don’t feel bad. No one knows exactly where to put him, including Wade Phillips and Jerry Jones, no matter how much politically correct rhetoric they spout this week.
These days, Romo is consistently inconsistent, a huge problem for a team with high expectations that hasn’t won a playoff game since 1996.
Sure, Romo’s 94.2 career passer rating trails only Peyton Manning’s 94.9 for the highest rating among active quarterbacks, but anyone who thinks they’re comparable needs professional help.
In Romo’s first 23 games as a starter, he was 17-6 with 50 touchdown passes, 24 interceptions and a 101.7 passer rating. When that stretch ended in 2007, the Cowboys were 12-1 and en route to earning the NFC’s top playoff seed.
Since then, Romo is 11-9 as a starter with 34 touchdowns, 23 interceptions and an 85.0 passer rating.
The guy from the first 23 starts can lead the Cowboys to a championship; the guy from the last 20 starts can’t.
My theory: Romo misses former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells more than any other player on the roster.
No one challenges Romo like Parcells did. No one holds him accountable like Parcells did. Certainly, no one dog cusses him like Parcells.
When Romo screws up, there are no real ramifications – other than he feels bad. It’s not like Phillips would ever bench him, even though Jon Kitna is a capable backup.
Romo’s way too comfortable. He’s the type of guy who’s at his best when someone like Parcells is constantly on his butt while using language that would get your kids grounded for a month.
Phillips certainly doesn’t employ that style. Neither does offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.
It didn’t matter as much in 2007, his first season without Parcells, because Romo had been around Parcells so long and still embodied all of the coach’s philosophies. Parcells has been gone nearly three years, and Romo certainly isn’t adhering to Parcells’ philosophy now.
All you have to do is watch him play.
Most of the expectations heaped upon Romo are based upon his first 23 starts, when he showed star potential.
That guy had 14 games with a passer rating of more than 100.0 and led the Cowboys to winning streaks of four, five and six games. That Romo made the Cowboys a Super Bowl contender.
We haven’t seen that Romo in a long time. Maybe we’ll never see him again. There are no guarantees.
Perhaps we should accept that Romo will always be a player who is equally capable of making the big play and the big mistake in the same game.
The final 14 games of this season will determine whether we need to lower our expectations for Romo, who is 29.
If that’s the case, Jerry has made a $67 million goof. Jerry signed Romo to a lucrative deal that included $30 million in guaranteed money because he assumed he was the next great quarterback in franchise history.
We all did – unless you’re into revisionist history.
Jerry made another commitment to Romo this summer by releasing T.O. so Romo wouldn’t have to fight for control of the team. Then the Cowboys spent the off-season making the offense more Romo-friendly and doing whatever they could to make his job easier.
Garrett has tried to turn Romo into a game manager by relying on the running game in the first two games. Romo has yet to throw 30 passes in a game, something that happened twice all last season.
Still, Romo threw three interceptions – all on awful throws – against the Giants. Garrett can’t protect Romo from himself all of the time by running the ball every play. At some point, Garrett must trust Romo not to screw up.
Surely, that’s not too much to ask.
ROLLER COASTER
Here’s a look at Tony Romo’s first 23 starts compared to his last 20. There’s a significant difference in his effectiveness:
Categories First 23 starts Last 20 starts
W-L 17-6 11-9
Comp.-Att. 423-721 406-680
Comp. pct. 65.6 59.7
Yards 6,182 4,988
Yards per att. 8.57 7.34
Touchdowns 50 34
Interceptions 24 23
Rating 101.7 85.0
TOP GUNS
The active players with the highest passer rating:
Player Rating
Peyton Manning 94.9
Tony Romo 94.2
Kurt Warner 93.8
Phillip Rivers 92.9
Tom Brady 92.9
Chad Pennington 90.6
Ben Roethlisberger 89.4
Drew Brees 89.4
Daunte Culpepper 89.0
Carson Palmer 88.9

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
The only thing holding the Pack back is their O-line and injuries/bad management at the safety position. When you look at their 2 losses this season, they could have easily came back to tie/win if one or 2 little things went their way. I'm still holding to the belief that Clifton and Bigby will get healthy and the Pack will re-sign Tauscher.

Back to the game. if the pack don't turn the ball over twice in the red-zone I think they win this game. Or if they recover one of the 2 onside kicks.

Vs the Bengals. If we got that last snap off in time I'm thinkin TD. The offense was really on Rhythm.

On the bright side young players are starting to step up. Nelson, Barbre, and Matthews all played a great game. It's just a matter of time before the Pack rise to power again.

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say the D's lack of quarterback pressure is a bit concerning, too. It's so irritating after seeing what they could do in the pre-season.

If only the opposing offenses would agree to play vanilla!

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo 29-14 as a starter, Rodgers, 8-12. You make me laugh, losers.

Yeah and how long has Phony Romo been there and not taken them to a super bowl (nvr will btw). Give Rogers a new O-line, a lil more experience, some time to throw, and he will get the packers to the super bowl. yeah he holds on to it a little too long. But with an O-line that "Holding on too long" bs really wouldnt be a huge issue.

Take your cowgirl loving *** off this site

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with "football arguements" is the fact that people always look at the past. Lets check facts from THIS year, because football is all about what people are DOING RIGHT NOW:

Tony Romo
76 of 131 (58%)
990 Yards
4 TDs
4 INTs
79 rating

Aaron Rodgers
77 or 127 (60%)
1100 Yards
8 TDs
1 INT
101 Rating

I will takes Rodgers ANY day of the week over Romo. Enjoy your 1 and 3 record and the rest of your crappy season.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
The problem with "football arguements" is the fact that people always look at the past. Lets check facts from THIS year, because football is all about what people are DOING RIGHT NOW:

Tony Romo
76 of 131 (58%)
990 Yards
4 TDs
4 INTs
79 rating

Aaron Rodgers
77 or 127 (60%)
1100 Yards
8 TDs
1 INT
101 Rating

I will takes Rodgers ANY day of the week over Romo. Enjoy your 1 and 3 record and the rest of your crappy season.

This is true. The Cowboys and Romo have fallen quite a ways from previous seasons. They couldn't win a championship with possibly the most talented team in the league, so they can't possibly have as high of expectations when they lost some guys and their supposed studs are not playing well-Romo and Ware...

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Romo would be BETTER after losing the Simpson baggage.

Mickey in Rocky: - "Women weaken legs"

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason we lost the game was inability to protect Rodgers for very long with the O-line (Do we do any bootlegs at all?) And secondly our front 7 failed to even scratch #4's jersey during the part of the game I was able to watch. I mean that one play where favre had like a minute it seemed like to pick the secondary apart just made me want to vomit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts