Packer fans are the classiest in all sports

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Philtration said:
If you were truly a classy fan then you would not have to say it and pat each other on the *** all day. It sounds like you are trying to convince yourselves of how wonderful you think you are.
Do you have any idea at all of how goofy this whole thing sounds?
:roll:

why dont you tell us, phil...

I believe that I already have Einstein.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
tromadz said:
Philtration said:
If you were truly a classy fan then you would not have to say it and pat each other on the *** all day. It sounds like you are trying to convince yourselves of how wonderful you think you are.

why dont you tell us, phil...

I believe that I already have Einstein.

That's 4 posts on this one thread. Thanks for keeping it alive Phil!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Phil......do you know how goofy YOU look coming to check OUT this thread everyday???
I think you are just JEALOUS that Packer fans care about each other, are NOT afraid to say so, and Bear fans just care about themselves!

Cardcounter

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
we are way better than bears fans i was at a bears game once and holy crap they are obnoxious

We'll I was at a Packers game and the fans were rude and obnoxious! This happens at every stadium when two rivals play.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardcounter said:
gopackgo4 said:
we are way better than bears fans i was at a bears game once and holy crap they are obnoxious

We'll I was at a Packers game and the fans were rude and obnoxious! This happens at every stadium when two rivals play.

uh, hate to tell ya this, cardcounter, but bears fans are rude & obnoxious EVERY game!! my dad was at a game once & saw well over 20 fights just in the section right around him. :roll:

Noisey Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
What is up with all of this "verbal ************" you have going on here? I know that it is the off-season but "Aren't we special" is all you can come up with? How many other teams fans spend this much time stroking each other off and talking about how great they are? NONE!
What the hell is your point?
I think the point is we like being and are proud of being Packer fan if you dont like LEAVE IT! :evil:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noisey Packer Fan said:
Philtration said:
What is up with all of this "verbal ************" you have going on here? I know that it is the off-season but "Aren't we special" is all you can come up with? How many other teams fans spend this much time stroking each other off and talking about how great they are? NONE!
I think the point is we like being and are proud of being Packer fan if you dont like LEAVE IT! :evil:

No...I think that the point was that there is not a lot to feel good about the Packers right now so some people have to find a topic to get happy about, even if it is as dumb as claiming how great you are as a fan.
I saw the ages of a lot of the people here in another thread and I know that many do not have a clue as to how crappy the Packers really were in the 70s and 80s. Going to a Packer game or wearing a Packer jersey was about as dead as Abe Lincoln and many jumped on the bandwagon after 1993.
I suspect that more than a few do not have it in them to stick with the team when the lean years come again, and they are coming, and that is why you are in such a panic.

Noisey Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Noisey Packer Fan said:
Philtration said:

No...I think that the point was that there is not a lot to feel good about the Packers right now so some people have to find a topic to get happy about, even if it is as dumb as claiming how great you are as a fan.
I saw the ages of a lot of the people here in another thread and I know that many do not have a clue as to how crappy the Packers really were in the 70s and 80s. Going to a Packer game or wearing a Packer jersey was about as dead as Abe Lincoln and many jumped on the bandwagon after 1993.
I suspect that more than a few do not have it in them to stick with the team when the lean years come again, and they are coming, and that is why you are in such a panic.
Thats funny I am around people who have been Packer Fans there whole life and they tell me how even in the lean years the stadium was sold out and people where on waiting list for season tickets. ya sounds like a poor fan base to me. We may loose a few bandwagon fans just as in any team BUT WE ARE THE BEST FANS IN THE NFL :evil:

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noisey Packer Fan said:
Philtration said:
[quote="Noisey Packer Fan":2y7lq6nm]
Philtration said:

Thats funny I am around people who have been Packer Fans there whole life and they tell me how even in the lean years the stadium was sold out and people where on waiting list for season tickets. ya sounds like a poor fan base to me. We may loose a few bandwagon fans just as in any team BUT WE ARE THE BEST FANS IN THE NFL :evil:[/quote:2y7lq6nm]

FYI:
Packer Attendance

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito.....your point is???
Mine is, the STADIUM has been SOLD OUT since the 1960's! Yes, some days some people that BOUGHT tickets don't show up, for whatever reason. Maybe someone was sick, or someone died, had a car accident, who knows? To point that the place was 96% filled still doesn't take away that since the 1960's Lambeau has been SOLD OUT! EVERY ticket paid for!

I think that PROVES alot. Even through the awful 70's and 80's, SOLD OUT every game! I lived through those lean years, and STILL am a loyal fan. Are there fair weather fans? Yes. ALL teams have them..........but Packer games HAVE been sold out for 40 plus years! Thats STILL a FACT!

Nice TRY though!

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Miskito.....your point is???
Mine is, the STADIUM has been SOLD OUT since the 1960's! Yes, some days some people that BOUGHT tickets don't show up, for whatever reason. Maybe someone was sick, or someone died, had a car accident, who knows? To point that the place was 96% filled still doesn't take away that since the 1960's Lambeau has been SOLD OUT! EVERY ticket paid for!

I think that PROVES alot. Even through the awful 70's and 80's, SOLD OUT every game! I lived through those lean years, and STILL am a loyal fan. Are there fair weather fans? Yes. ALL teams have them..........but Packer games HAVE been sold out for 40 plus years! Thats STILL a FACT!

Nice TRY though!

Cheesey, where's that cute, pun-wielding hobbit I was really beginning to like?
That link is for information - I was not saying, "Look, Packer fans! You only showed up 96% of the time! True fans would at least show up 99% of the time!" The insinuation of Packer fans' lackluster related to attendance was derived from your own defensive stance on the matter.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Miskito.......i felt like Bear fans were coming on here JUST to attack Packer fans. I don't go to someone else's site and attack them. If someone has an honest appreciation about how they are treated by other Packer fans, WHY should they be belittled and called "verbal masterbaitors" as Phil did? Then i FELT (maybe wrongly) that you were trying to point out that the stadium wasn't 100% filled every time. (I don't think ANY place in sports is filled EVERY game.) Someone doesn't show up, for whatever reason.
You can't say you DIDN'T "point" that out for a reason, can you? Otherwise, what WAS the point for posting it? I can't see any other reason.
Be honest and let me know why then.
Yes.......99% of the time i will be the "funny" guy. I love to make people laugh just about more then anything! I enjoy making people happy! When i feel someone is being treated wrongly though, the "hobbit" has to be put on the back burner, and i will voice my opinion. Which is ALL i did.
I think the insinuation that Lambeau is NOT sold out was what you were trying to say by posting the attendance figures. Like i said.......what other reason would there be to DO so? And for someone to just look at the attendance figures and NOT be told that every game was in FACT a sell out, would lead them (wrongly) to think that we are lying when we said every game was a sell out.
Sometimes you can mislead someone just by NOT telling them all the facts. If you noticed, some of the sections at Lambeau posted at OVER 100% attendance! Do you think there were MORE then ONE person sitting in each seat? There again, if you don't show ALL the facts, it could be misleading.
I'm really trying to see why you would have posted that, for ANY other reason then to say "Ha Ha! Your not right! Not all sell outs!"
Please, if i am wrong, tell me then why you did. Maybe there is a valid reason..........

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Sorry Miskito.......i felt like Bear fans were coming on here JUST to attack Packer fans. I don't go to someone else's site and attack them. If someone has an honest appreciation about how they are treated by other Packer fans, WHY should they be belittled and called "verbal masterbaitors" as Phil did? Then i FELT (maybe wrongly) that you were trying to point out that the stadium wasn't 100% filled every time. (I don't think ANY place in sports is filled EVERY game.) Someone doesn't show up, for whatever reason.
You can't say you DIDN'T "point" that out for a reason, can you? Otherwise, what WAS the point for posting it? I can't see any other reason.
Be honest and let me know why then.
Yes.......99% of the time i will be the "funny" guy. I love to make people laugh just about more then anything! I enjoy making people happy! When i feel someone is being treated wrongly though, the "hobbit" has to be put on the back burner, and i will voice my opinion. Which is ALL i did.
I think the insinuation that Lambeau is NOT sold out was what you were trying to say by posting the attendance figures. Like i said.......what other reason would there be to DO so? And for someone to just look at the attendance figures and NOT be told that every game was in FACT a sell out, would lead them (wrongly) to think that we are lying when we said every game was a sell out.
Sometimes you can mislead someone just by NOT telling them all the facts. If you noticed, some of the sections at Lambeau posted at OVER 100% attendance! Do you think there were MORE then ONE person sitting in each seat? There again, if you don't show ALL the facts, it could be misleading.
I'm really trying to see why you would have posted that, for ANY other reason then to say "Ha Ha! Your not right! Not all sell outs!"
Please, if i am wrong, tell me then why you did. Maybe there is a valid reason..........

Cheesey - I see where you are coming from and I can understand why you would think I was pointing out the attendance record to prove others wrong. I DID go into looking for that information with the intent of proving that claim as false. I was surprised that the percentage was a lot higher than I thought. Instead or ignoring my findings, I posted it without elaboration, not thinking it needed an explanation. But being a Bears' fan on a Packer board perhaps I should have explained a bit more. Sorry for the confusion, Cheese.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Let's see Phil ....you have posted 2 times out of the first 8 posts on this thread. Apparently, "mental ************" is your thing!

Just put Phil in the corner with a jar of vaseline and a dunce cap!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK Miskito!!! Sorry for the misunderstanding all around!
VERY classy response by the way! (No, i'm NOT being sarcastic, i MEAN it!)
Glad you wrote back to clarify it! Makes ALOT more sense now!
I'm sorry i misunderstood your posting! :D
(Cheese NOW returns to "hobbit" mode......) LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eeeeek!! i'm gone for the morning & look what happens!!! personally, i'm all for hitting the proverbial ignore button whenever philbert starts spewing his crap!! he's here to flame so let him burn himself out is my advice! :jumpflame:
don't give him the satisfaction - ************ requires ONE - not some!!!!
:crazy:

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
************ requires ONE - not some!!!!

I'll bet he has a hard time holding on to that dunce cap with one hand while "chocking the chicken" with the other!

Noisey Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
eeeeek!! i'm gone for the morning & look what happens!!! personally, i'm all for hitting the proverbial ignore button whenever philbert starts spewing his crap!! he's here to flame so let him burn himself out is my advice! :jumpflame:
don't give him the satisfaction - ************ requires ONE - not some!!!!
I agree I am done with this thread :D

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HEy to you bears fans a couple of things what are you talking about we leave during bad seasons look at our waiting list its 70,600 people you call us unloyal.

ANd for fair weather fans its amazing how soilder field is all of a sudden full when you have a good season but oh whered all those people go during the bad years us we are packed year in and year out.

Members online

Latest posts