Packer- Bear week!!!

Reaction score
I remember watching that game on a small color portable TV whose screen isn't that much bigger than the size of the video on YouTube or what you posted.

I have been looking for that footage for years. I really appreciate you finding it and reposting it here.
Chester Marcol is so lucky that he got to live that glory moment and against Da Bears.
And it's quite a mob as if they had won a playoff game or even the Super Bowl.
They may as well have their day for the Packers and fans of that era.

LOL! Yeah, glad I found that clip. I will always remember CM wearing those black horn-rimmed glasses and clutching that ball in the end zone like it was glued to him:roflmao: My good friend who is a Bears fan was over that day watching and just shook his head in disbelief and said, "Did that just happen? CUBS, BEARS......I've got to find some new teams to root for.":confused: I told him to have a few more brewskies. Worked for me during that 30 year drought before SB win #3!

I sure remember experiencing those Packer lean years and the QB's: John Hadl, Jerry Taggee, Jack Concannon, of course there was Lynn ****ey, David Whitehurst, Randy White (played at Wisc. didn't he?) and Don Majkowski. And I think we had Jim Zorn in the mid 80's or so. Safe to say we've turned the corner since then:tup:

Reaction score
A few takes from that clip:

• @ :35, video evidence the Packers employed ******** clad cheerleaders at one time
  • Never knew Marcol had that kind of speed. He was flying around that corner
  • If Marcol jumps slightly when he hits the wall he would be credited with the first Lambeau Leap instead of Butler

Right on all three! Yeah, where's our cheerleaders? Wouldn't that had been something....Chester Marcol initiating the Lambeau Leap? That play was priceless :)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few takes from that clip:

• @ :35, video evidence the Packers employed ******** clad cheerleaders at one time
  • Never knew Marcol had that kind of speed. He was flying around that corner
  • If Marcol jumps slightly when he hits the wall he would be credited with the first Lambeau Leap instead of Butler
Another thing I'd like to point out how I didn't notice anyone in the crowd wearing any Packers gear.
(From what I saw, no one even bothered to put on a green or yellow shirt at least?)
Of course this was way before cheese hats but I guess the NFL didn't market team wear as much as they do now?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Another thing I'd like to point out how I didn't notice anyone in the crowd wearing any Packers gear.
(From what I saw, no one even bothered to put on a green or yellow shirt at least?)
Of course this was way before cheese hats but I guess the NFL didn't market team wear as much as they do now?

Yeah, that's true! Team gear variety nowadays is just off the charts. Big $$$$. I look at those old baseball World Series and Super Bowls and see men in shirts, ties and a hat. NO face painting :D

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I would love to beat them so bad but it's usually about 7-14 points that we win by

Post your prediction, the Predict the Score thread is waiting for you and all to post.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Bear down and stop dancing around. :sneaky:

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awww...... having to get up early to go hunting? .... on a tuesday? Nope.... can't feel sorry for ya there bud. (envy actually)
We're going bear hunting Monday night. This year we get 2 games closer to the all time rival record.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
PACKERS 34 BORES 16.........2 td runs (Lacy, Rodgers)........2 td catches (Nelson, Boykin)

Since it's approaching "Halloween," here's a "blast from the past" NIGHTMARE we provided for them :devilish: Game wasn't played on Halloween, but it was another one of the many ways they find to lose :roflmao:
I wonder how many times in the NFL the FG kicker has had it blocked back to him and he runs it in for a TD. I'm thinking this once.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Press Gazette had an interesting column today -- we've heard this all before but... here goes anyway:

http://www.packersnews.com/article/...ackers-recent-domination-Bears?nclick_check=1

Despite the recent one-sidedness of the rivalry, Urlacher was always a thorn in our side. I always respected him as a player, but I won't miss him and his absence should make our job easier.
I know it's standard "coach speak", but I also think it's important McCarthy isn't allowing his players to get over-confident.

The Packers also have a healthy mindset going for them as they prepare for the Bears. McCarthy couldn’t stress enough this past week the importance of the rivalry.
“This is definitely the game,” McCarthy said. “I mean, this is the game every year. In my humble opinion, this is the game in the NFL.”

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score

Members online