Pack not a fantasy lover's dream...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw the new Sports Illustrated, with their fantasy football preview for 2006. (I have no interest in fantasy football, but in the off-season I'll read just about anything.) They sure were harsh on the Packers. Here is the Packers' ranked player at each position, as best I can remember:

RB: Ahman Green 38th
WR: Donald Driver 17th
QB: Brett Favre 22nd
TE: Bubba Franks 23rd
K: Billy Cundiff 31st
Defense: 25th

The only Packer player I could find who got a positive mention in the article was Greg Jennings, who was listed as a "rookie to watch" at wide reciever. I'm all in favor of that. But I hope they're wrong about everything else.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is good for 25-35 TD's every year which far outweigh INT's in most leagues. He also led the NFC in yards last season and he had a bad year. 22nd is a joke. Ahman Green could be a sleeper. Nice late round pickup. Franks is a top 10 TE. Defense should be top 10.

This is good news you can draft others and still get your Packers late in the draft!!!!!!

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have had Favre the last 3 years, which is how long I have played, the problem last year was the inconsistency compared to other years. That can kill you in fantasy football. Green was my second round pick and essentially never played, my first round pick was Deuce McAlister who went out in pre-season. It was a long year.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure Favre should be ranked higher than 22 but then again 29 picks in my league is -2 every time. I had him last year and quit starting him halfway through the year. It was then that my team started winning so...

I don't see how many of the Packers would make smart picks early on but somebody has to produce right?

Members online

Latest posts