"Pack Attack" Song from '82?

wardenclyffe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey,

It's my first post here. I hope I'm doing this right.

I'm looking for (audio) proof that the song "Pack Attack" existed and was recorded in 1982. I thought it was later than that and I thought that it was in response to Chicago's "Superbowl Shuffle," but this article (sorry I can't post proper links yet):

news dot google dot com/newspapers?id=AmkaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2ykEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6723,366804&dq=pack-attack+song&hl=en

from the Milwaukee Journal in '82 suggests that it was from '82.

No one I talk to seems to remember it, perhaps for good reason, it was not the Packers' proudest moment.

There are all kinds of Packers songs on the internet, but I cannot find evidence that this ever existed beyond my memory and that article in the Journal.

Did anyone buy the 45 rpm at ShopKo in '82?

Thanks,
Ward

OP
OP
W

wardenclyffe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to bump my own thread, but I thought I'd take advantage of whatever lull the ProBowl might bring to the forum.

I found a little more information. Someone in a newsgroup (remember those?) back in '96 mentioned this song. Here's what he wrote:

'What was the lowest moment for you during the "post" glory years?

For me it was watching the Bart Starr show when he rolled out the new "Pack Attack" campaign.

This included. Male cheerleaders. Yellow hankies for the fans to wave during the game. (with Pack Attack! written on them). A new song (this was around the time the Houston Oiler fans came up with their song) which went something along the lines of .... "Pack Attack, Pack Attack, Paaaaack Attack!". A new 3 year contract for Starr.

I figured if I could remain a fan after that season, nothing would ever turn me away.'

OK, so someone else remembers the song. Like I said in the OP, I thought it was a response to "Superbowl Shuffle," but it looks like it's a response to a Houston Oilers song that I do not remember.

The yellow hankies that the guy mentions can be found on eBay, but still no sign of the song.

In my OP, I was hoping that someone would be able to post the song somewhere (youtube or whatever). Now, I'm just looking for someone to confirm they remember it. I'd accept that it's a false memory if it weren't for the Milwaukee Journal article and the guy talking about the song back in '96. But that's all I can find on the vast internet about this forgotten song.

Thanks again,
Ward

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did a search for you and nada.
What I do remember, and your post sparked this, was an ad for "Pack Attack' gear. A family was dressed in Packers gear and waving those towels. I think it was for Shopko or K mart. And I think the song was used as the jingle. I think the vocals were kind of said in a whisper style very abruptly.

If you still want an answer and have trouble finding it here, I would suggest you call your local reference librarian.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts