Pack and BJ close to1 year deal

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, for clarification's sake, I'll point out that this is what i *think* will happen. not what i *hope* will happen. honestly however it plays out is fine for me. If the packers let him walk, I'll trust their judgment and assume it's the best for the organization. If the packers re-sign him, I'll trust their judgment and assume it's the best for the organization.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, for clarification's sake, I'll point out that this is what i *think* will happen. not what i *hope* will happen. honestly however it plays out is fine for me. If the packers let him walk, I'll trust their judgment and assume it's the best for the organization. If the packers re-sign him, I'll trust their judgment and assume it's the best for the organization.

Well, again I hope you're wrong here

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can resign him for 4-5M a year I'd like it to happen. I never understood why they moved him. Raji was and is a better nt than Pickett. If they resign him I think he will be moved back to nt with Pickett leaving or coming back as a backup. Daniels, Raji and datone would be a nice front 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can resign him for 4-5M a year I'd like it to happen. I never understood why they moved him. Raji was and is a better nt than Pickett. If they resign him I think he will be moved back to nt with Pickett leaving or coming back as a backup. Daniels, Raji and datone would be a nice front 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The last time he played NT he was the worst in the NFL against the run. http://www.totalpackers.com/2012/03/11/b-j-raji-is-the-worst/

Doesn't sound like someone that will fix our poor run defense. And this was in a contract year. Why am I to believe that he'll start getting motivated to perform once he gets paid?

The problem isn't the position, it's Raji.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Packers and Raji are close to agreeing on a one-year deal.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It had better be for peanuts, or at least nowhere close to the $8m he originally wanted.

Maybe he'll actually learn this year that if you dog it in a contract year, you're no longer a "proven player" and you don't get to go out and break the bank.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
He better get his big butt out of the lazy boy mode and get back in the gym and start becoming a force again. He is worth no money is he stays his lazy self.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been 100% in the done club with Raji but Im actually ok with this depending on the $.

I'm honestly going to be agitated if it is anything over $2M, which I'm sure it will be. He was that bad.
I'm guessing $4M base and then loaded with incentives, and that base frankly isn't deserved.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have been fine with him leaving, but a one-year deal to prove he's better than he's been playing the least three years? I'm cool with that. If that's what it takes to light a fire under his ***, then so be it.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't help but think back to the exit interviews with the d-line coach tagjovic sp??. He said Raji had a great season and did everything they asked of him. A cheap 1 year deal calls complete bs on those statements. He doesn't need to throw the guy under the bus but to blow sunshine like that to all the fans....kinda lame.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im happy with this, seems fair for both sides. As long as the $ isnt crazy. between $3-4 mil and I wont complain.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ian Rapoport reports that Raji would move back to NT if he stays with the Packers, which according to him isn´t a sure thing right now.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If he turned down 8 mill per year for "x" amount of years..... wonder what a one year deal will be worth? I am guessing it will be some bone headed amount.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji actually played well at DE in 2012, though he obviously played terrible there last season. As for moving him to NT, unless the guy has completely changed his attitude on the field, that would be a huge mistake. The one year that Raji played NT (2011) he was one of the worst dlinemen in the entire league. Now, that might have been because he was all excited about his terrific playoff run in 2010 and didn't like the sacrifice that playing nose tackle entails and now, after a terrible season in 2013, he's more willing to make that sacrifice. Either way, I have no problem with signing him to a one-year deal, so long as the money is within reason.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji actually played well at DE in 2012, though he obviously played terrible there last season. As for moving him to NT, unless the guy has completely changed his attitude on the field, that would be a huge mistake. The one year that Raji played NT (2011) he was one of the worst dlinemen in the entire league.

Profootballfocus sees it differently,

Raji primarily played nose tackle in his breakout 2010 campaign, but since moving to defensive end the following season he has looked like a different player

and I'm not going to lie, I seem to remember him busting through the middle a lot in a couple games that year. The Patriots game comes to mind. I think he played NT more than people think that year.

I really hope this deal is for less then 3 million, otherwise it will most likely be overpaying him. I am all for it if it is less then 3 though.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/03/06/2014-team-needs-green-bay-packers/

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm honestly going to be agitated if it is anything over $2M, which I'm sure it will be. He was that bad.
I'm guessing $4M base and then loaded with incentives, and that base frankly isn't deserved.

If this rumor is true and it actually comes to fruition, $2-4 million with some incentives is a fair deal. I just wonder if a contract year when he was going to be able to cash in doesn't light his fire, what will? Another contract year? Maybe, we'll have to wait and see I guess.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great news! I think this means he will put some more effort into having a great season. I hope he will be moving back to NT. I really don't care if he has another sack next season. What I want to see is 2 guys blocking him and walking backwards.

Members online

Latest posts