Pack and BJ close to1 year deal

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the exact same thing happening. I could see Raji taking one of those Michael Bennett or Cliff Avril type contracts with the Bears in order to earn a bigger contract in 2015. Raji played himself out of a contract (instead of into a contract). Getting some sack on a bad Bears defense could earn him some money.

Sacks? Raji? Huh?

D

Deleted member 6794

As I've said before I'd love to hear where Rapoport is getting his information because he sure seems to be reporting alot of news coming out of 1265.

Well, if MM was honest about not wanting to go on with a smaller DL he was already wrong once over the last few days.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally he´s pretty accurate though compared to other guys.

Sure, when you report anything and everything you're bound to be right sometimes. It's alot like Fanasy Football "Gurus" who gloat about winning 10 leagues in any given year. When you play in 100, winning 10 isn't a great %. I'm more of a Glazer guy. He reports things that are 100% accurate doesn't report much but is always right and has his facts straight.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sure, when you report anything and everything you're bound to be right sometimes. It's alot like Fanasy Football "Gurus" who gloat about winning 10 leagues in any given year. When you play in 100, winning 10 isn't a great %. I'm more of a Glazer guy. He reports things that are 100% accurate doesn't report much but is always right and has his facts straight.

Totally agree that Glazer is one of the best in the business.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
we need to keep pickett, as long as he can play. He is an anchor. Good by run defense with no big bodies or experience. we might just set a new record for yards given up on the ground and through the air if we cant fix the secondary as well.

D Frank

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let Pickett go, re-sign Raji, draft a NT, and let him and J Boyd compete for play time next to Raji.. If Raji doesn't re-sign, let Pickett go, draft a NT and develop him along with J Boyd.. Either way, draft a NT..

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let Pickett go, re-sign Raji, draft a NT, and let him and J Boyd compete for play time next to Raji.. If Raji doesn't re-sign, let Pickett go, draft a NT and develop him along with J Boyd.. Either way, draft a NT..
If they resign Raji he doesn't deserve $8M per yr

D Frank

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a great draft for us would be to draft a S, LB, NT, TE, WR, LB, and a DL.. Not in that order.. And to put us over the top, another S..

D Frank

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they resign Raji he doesn't deserve $8M per yr
Who anchored our D-line in our SB winning season in 2010..? He's been underpayed long enough. $8mil is deserving. Give the man his money and watch him go back to work!!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who anchored our D-line in our SB winning season in 2010..? He's been underpayed long enough. $8mil is deserving. Give the man his money and watch him go back to work!!
He's not 3 down player as they rest him regularly. Packers offered him $8M either before or during the season & he turned it down. He's dreaming if he thinks he's getting more than $8M per yr

D

Deleted member 6794

You don´t pay a guy for what he did three years ago. He has been a major disappoinment over the last two seasons and wouldn´t even show up in a contract year. Let him walk!!!

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In that case we could also bring back Woodson for 10m/year since you know he was the league DPOY in 2009.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has the same agent as Rodgers and Matthews, I believe. As reasonable as he was with those two I am surprised he would give such blatantly foolish advice to Raji as to turn down $20M guaranteed. (Matthews got about $30M).

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5210/bj-raji

"He has zero sacks over his last 39 games (including playoffs), has zero forced fumbles in his five-year career and graded out dead last against the run among 3-4 ends in PFF's 2013 grades."

This after grading out dead last against the run among 3-4 NT's in 2011.

I have to ask, why does anyone think BJ Raji is good? Or even average?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Why would you expect Raji to play better than he did this season after cashing in? Doesn't his lack of motivation/production in a contract year concern you?
"He has zero sacks over his last 39 games (including playoffs), has zero forced fumbles in his five-year career and graded out dead last against the run among 3-4 ends in PFF's 2013 grades." This after grading out dead last against the run among 3-4 NT's in 2011.
And nfl.com credits him with 12 solo tackles in 16 regular season games this year.

But Tom Oates agrees with you and thinks the Packers should re-sign Raji:
They should re-sign Raji, one of four Green Bay linemen who will hit unrestricted free agency March 11. OK, you can stop laughing now. While it is true Raji in 2013 had quite possibly the worst contract year in the history of professional sports, the Packers should try to keep him around because, if used differently, he could still become the explosive, disruptive player they thought he was when they made him the ninth overall pick in the 2009 draft.
http://host.madison.com/sports/foot...cle_c9fa88b7-96b6-5bb0-813a-1598b1585339.html

But even Oates recognizes the kind of year Raji had (I bolded that comment) and doesn't think he's worth $8M/yr. For those like Oates who argue Raji’s job was to take up blockers I’ll post again that Raji played himself off of the 2 DL sub packages that allow the DL to rush the passer. And again, I’m sure he was not prohibited from beating a double team and making a play.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would you expect Raji to play better than he did this season after cashing in? Doesn't his lack of motivation/production in a contract year concern you?And nfl.com credits him with 12 solo tackles in 16 regular season games this year.

But Tom Oates agrees with you and thinks the Packers should re-sign Raji: http://host.madison.com/sports/foot...cle_c9fa88b7-96b6-5bb0-813a-1598b1585339.html

But even Oates recognizes the kind of year Raji had (I bolded that comment) and doesn't think he's worth $8M/yr. For those like Oates who argue Raji’s job was to take up blockers I’ll post again that Raji played himself off of the 2 DL sub packages that allow the DL to rush the passer. And again, I’m sure he was not prohibited from beating a double team and making a play.

It's hard for me to imagine a scenario that Raji is back.

1) I think we can most agree that he's going to get significantly less than the $8M a year that we previously offered him, regardless of where he signs.

2) Given that, when it's all said and done he'll probably want to go somewhere where he expects to be more active in the system, even though I very much doubt that our defensive system has been holding Raji back the last few years, rather than his own shortcomings.

I would guess he'll end up with something like 2 years/$10M as a 4-3 DT elsewhere, and hope to have a productive 2 years and cash in at age 29. My guess is he won't. We gave him his best shot at a major NFL payday and that ship has sailed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts