Over-confident, egotistical Packer fans?

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be worse... you could be a Colts fan experiencing a first WIN of the season as opposed to a first LOST!

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feel a little better after watching MM's post game PC. He has that same "I've got secret" look he had last year. Still in the catbird seat, only now I find myself having to pull for the Steelers tomorrow night? All is not lost, still the best team in the NFL until somebody else raises Mr. Lombardi's trophy in February. I'm betting' it will still reside at Lambeau for another year!!!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I've seen Packer fans here and other sites who said we were unbeatable.
I commented on some of them.

There is no such thing as unbeatable.

Number one, we've never had to play a stretch of games without our #1 receiver, Greg Jennings. People under-estimate how great he is, as people under-estimated how great Nick Collins was. Not sure why that is.... maybe just arrogance, or maybe because we overcame a ton of injuries last year. But they weren't key guys other than Finley.

And you are seeing how overrated Finley was. He A) drops way too many passes, B) doesn't even get seperation on anyone anymore.... the Chiefs got guys way more open than he gets. So do 2 tight ends on the Patriots.

And the other reason I said we were beatable (see the poll), was because our defense SUCKS. Turnovers are partly luck. Great QBs don't serve up Ints. Drew Brees didn't to us in week one, and he didn't when we played him a few years ago. When we do not get turnovers, our defense SUCKS PERIOD.

They can't get 3 & outs ever. They can't get field position for us.

It started like that today with the first drive of the game. 2 short runs and it was 3rd & 8 at the KC 22 yard line. Capers called a great blitz from the edge by safety Burnett, who came in untouched at Orton. But the bast*rd Sam Shields couldn't even cover for 2 seconds as he fell down. Just fell down.
Allowed a first down instead of an early 3 & out which would have given us great field position. On the rest of that drive to start the game, we allowed a few more 3rd down conversions as they marched to the 1-yard line and settled for the FG.

Even though our defense held them to FGs most of the time, they allowed the Chiefs to keep the ball too long, move the chains, and keep Rodgers off the field, out of rythym.

Not only did that keep us out of rythym, it kept Tamba Hali fresh.

We've seen our defense carved up many times this year like this, but we usually got bailed out by bad passes for Ints. Today, we saw Woodson bite on one, and it allowed the guy to be wide open... and no pick.

Our defense is suspect, and Drew Brees would light us up right now for about 50 points. Hell, I think Tebow's Broncos would carve us up... you see our run defense on the final drive of the game when we knew KC would run to try and run the clock out? THEY STILL RAN RIGHT THRU US, inside, and outside, easy first downs. Pathetic. Knowing they were running, we still didn't come close to stopping them there. Denver would rush for 350 yards on the defense we saw today.

Where are those fans who said we were unbeatable because we had Aaron Rodgers, now?
Congratulations, you were right.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
We played a poor game. They have a good line our O line is beat up and we lost two more. Our receivers were dropping balls. I have always said if we play our A game no one can beat us. well we did not play our A game. you can say our D played terrible but 19 points is not a blowout. Anyway we can put the undefeated talk to bed now and move on. #1 seed is the next goal and I still have tickets for the championship game. so next week we start the first game in our next undefeated streak. If you want to stand there and say how bad your team sucks go for it.

moving on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Last I checked, points determined the outcome of games. We should be able to outscore 19 points.

When the other team has the ball 36t mins and we have 23, we have lot less chances to score...So in reality top can hurt the out come..

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer defense has been living on take aways and the extraordinary play of Rodgers. We got no takeaways yesterday and Rodgers performance was a bit off.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I would love to see the negative and fair weather fans leave this forum and find another team after this year.... You know it is bad enough to have to deal with other hateful fans such as Steelers and Cowboys fans but it really sucks when "fans" of your own team just focus on the negative and complain week in and week out... If we suck that bad, get the hell on and root for someone else!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I recall all the posts about making the SB, winning the SB etc..I was trying to be level headed and remind people nothing is for sure..

Maybe this game will make that point hit home..

This is not me saying TOLD YOU SO, but merely stating do not take it for granted..

With that said, the 97 team lost to a 0-14 Colt team, with a rookie q/b and still went to the SB

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall all the posts about making the SB, winning the SB etc..I was trying to be level headed and remind people nothing is for sure..
This is not me saying TOLD YOU SO, but merely stating do not take it for granted..
With that said, the 97 team lost to a 0-14 Colt team, with a rookie q/b and still went to the SB
That's the same message I was trying to get across.... I think we older fans have seen, felt, and learned some things that some of our younger fans haven't, and that means nothing is for certain.
You can look back at the last 20 years of NFL football, and see who is the best team in early December.... I bet only 6-8 of those 20 years did that team win it all.

We've had #6 seeds win the Super Bowl I think 3 of the last 4 or 5 years (us, Pittsburgh, Giants).....

Our defense has clearly not been championship-material. Only turnovers have saved them, and as we learned in the Arizona playoff loss, sometimes they don't come and then you need stops. We allowed Orton to throw for 18 first-down completions. That moves the chains too much, took too much time away from our offense.

Granted, if our offense was out there, the more Rodgers would have gotten hammered around the left edge and up the middle.

We need to temper our expectations because as we've learned, those can haunt and scar us for years. I had such high expectations in the years that Farve threw it away in the SB loss to Denver, the loss to the Eagles, the loss to the Giants, and the playoff losses to Minnesota and Atlanta, and 3 of those were at Lambeau.

I remember the season in, about, 2003 where had we won our last game at the Jets, we'd have gotten the #1 seed. Well we got wacked by Chad Pennington and the Jets, and had to then host a playoff game in the wildcard round.
That was the loss to Mike Vick's Falcons. Still Vick's only playoff win of his career, and that was our first loss EVER at home in the playoffs. We were the NFC best team for the first 15 games, but faded late.......

It appears now to me, that the Saints are the ones we need to worry about, but as we learned yesterday, we can't overlook anyone. I trust McCarthy, but there's not a lot he can do if our guys can't pass-protect, and if our guys can't get to the other team's QB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would love to see the negative and fair weather fans leave this forum and find another team after this year.... You know it is bad enough to have to deal with other hateful fans such as Steelers and Cowboys fans but it really sucks when "fans" of your own team just focus on the negative and complain week in and week out... If we suck that bad, get the hell on and root for someone else!

People are upset and they have right to be, so am I...

The way they lost hurts, give people time they will be okay..Everyone deals with grief one way or another..

Some dont think rationally, some let it roll of their back, and some are level headed..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can handle a 15-1 regular season. Worse things have happened to me as a packer fan

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
People are upset and they have right to be, so am I...

The way they lost hurts, give people time they will be okay..Everyone deals with grief one way or another..

Some dont think rationally, some let it roll of their back, and some are level headed..

You dont have to school me on the rational of how people deal with things... I understand that people have their own way of showing it... Trust me Jim I am upset too... but I am not going to go on a rant and throw the team I love under the bus or out of the running for the Lombardi... My thing is that negativity spreads like a cancer... Negative threads like these just poison the integrity of our fans and this forum... Sure there is room for concern... but instead of beating a dead horse and talking about all the problems and why we lost, why not talk about ways the problems can be fixed and be optimistic that some of our guys will come back healthy and we will be right on track... Be apart of the solution and not the problem... Thats all I am saying.

Another thing that adds fuel to the fire is how some of our own have taken to Twitter to attack our own players... Even BJ was pissed about it... This is the kinda crap that aids threads like this... Straight Garbage!

RT @ASAPschmitty: @MNewhouse74 You got owned today man. Take a cold shower when you get back to your apartment. #unforgivable
RT @BradArgall: @MNewhouse74 good job. You have been as effective as a 12 year old girl this year.
RT @Conchucky: @MNewhouse74 Says in ur BIO that u play for the Packers, u looked like far and away the best player the Chiefs had today.
RT @PackFan_1995: @MNewhouse74 you my friend, were absolute trash today

rajifreezer90 BJ Raji
To the real packer fans im sorry u had to witness that to smh... To the front runners (yall arent worth a comment)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You dont have to school me on the rational of how people deal with things... I understand that people have their own way of showing it... Trust me Jim I am upset too... but I am not going to go on a rant and throw the team I love under the bus or out of the running for the Lombardi... My thing is that negativity spreads like a cancer... Negative threads like these just poison the integrity of our fans and this forum... Sure there is room for concern... but instead of beating a dead horse and talking about all the problems and why we lost, why not talk about ways the problems can be fixed and be optimistic that some of our guys will come back healthy and we will be right on track... Be apart of the solution and not the problem... Thats all I am saying.

Another thing that adds fuel to the fire is how some of our own have taken to Twitter to attack our own players... Even BJ was pissed about it... This is the kinda crap that aids threads like this... Straight Garbage!

RT @ASAPschmitty: @MNewhouse74 You got owned today man. Take a cold shower when you get back to your apartment. #unforgivable
RT @BradArgall: @MNewhouse74 good job. You have been as effective as a 12 year old girl this year.
RT @Conchucky: @MNewhouse74 Says in ur BIO that u play for the Packers, u looked like far and away the best player the Chiefs had today.
RT @PackFan_1995: @MNewhouse74 you my friend, were absolute trash today

rajifreezer90 BJ Raji
To the real packer fans im sorry u had to witness that to smh... To the front runners (yall arent worth a comment)

Just letting you know that nothing you say, or do, people will rant and claim the sky is falling...

It will never change..Let them go off on how they want, and it helps them....We might hate it, but wont change a thing..

Those tweets are just plain disrespectful...They players feel, bad enough, no need for that crap

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I'm an older fan and because I'm an older fan I tend to disagree. The '72 Dolphins DID go undefeated and in my opinion this team is much more talented. So I saw nothing wrong with folks projecting an undefeated season. Someone did it in the past. That means someone can do it in the future. Sense would tell us that if a team arises who is better than the team who did it, there is a very strong reality that new team will also do it. To say that no one will go undefeated is in my opinion simply not true. Level headed fans and coaches and players projected the Packers would do it. (They didn't do it so it is a moot point.) But that doesn't mean those projections from fans, coaches and players were off the wall or not level headed. One of my professors way back said it is better to aim at something and miss it, than aim at nothing and hit it. To just assume they are going to lose one is akin to aiming at nothing, in my opinion. But I was wrong once before....

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought the tweets like that directed at our players were probably from other teams fans, trying to rile our guys up.
But a name like packfan_95 and even Schmitty sure sound like Packer "fans".

I think that's below the belt hitting players like Newhouse like that, but like booing the home team if, when they suck, I understand.

Some people don't believe home fans should ever boo their team. Some think since they spend hundreds on the tickets, which help to pay those players millions, that the fan certainly has that right.
Players receive praise when they do good, should they have to deal with the negative when they suck?

It's an interesting thing.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah we were pretty sure 16-0 was a great possibility I mean it's the Chiefs who got creamed by the Bills. I wasn't too surprised I mean their defense stymied San Diego and Pittsburgh before and our secondary is getting killed by passing QB. I was disappointed in our performance but can't say shocked. We're still the favorites at Lambeau though for hopefully the next 4 games then Indianapolis.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just letting you know that nothing you say, or do, people will rant and claim the sky is falling...

It will never change..Let them go off on how they want, and it helps them....We might hate it, but wont change a thing..

Those tweets are just plain disrespectful...They players feel, bad enough, no need for that crap

I don't condone those "tweets" at all and the people who did that probably aren't Packer fans anyway, BUT... if players are going to expose themselves on stupid websites like Twitter, they probably already know that crap is going to come when they play as poorly as he did yesterday.

I just don't understand why people don't value their own privacy anymore. But that's their own fault.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some people don't believe home fans should ever boo their team. Some think since they spend hundreds on the tickets, which help to pay those players millions, that the fan certainly has that right.

Since you're a Dallas person, you simply don't understand the sports culture in Wisconsin. Packer fans have a genuine love for their team that goes beyond one game. To most of us up here, booing the Packers is akin to booing your own children. The Packers and their fans have a very family-like relationship that fans of other teams simply don't understand. You would have to live here for a while to appreciate it.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confused. I haven't seen the type of reactions referred to on this forum and isn't that what should be of concern. I think criticism is ok and I haven't read where posters have been over the top here. I think it's also unfortunate for someone to be so thin skinned he tells them to take a hike from this forum. Also, we can't control what someone tweets. By the way this thread started before yesterdays loss.

Members online

No members online now.