Our weakest position/area

what area of our team do you feel is the weakest link now?

• Still too finesse of OL, soft running game

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Lack of game-breaking fast RB

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Too many TEs now

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Not a legit 2nd OLB pass rusher opposite Matthews

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • No pass rush presence on the OL to replace Cullen Jenkins

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think our weakest link is any individual player. I still think special teams needs help, but Ted may of fixed that with drafting, Alex Green a return man. The other potential problem is lack of pocket protection for Aaron - Olinemen. This too may of been addressed in the draft, Derek Sherrod, but I personally would of liked one more Olineman. I think the running game has improved greatly and will continue to do so next season. Starks has helped a lot, we get Grant back and now we also have Green to add to the mix. As for an OLB to play opposite Clay, good luck with that, unless you plan on cloning Clay, which I'm sure the thought crossed both T.T. and Caper's minds. DE is a potential weakness. It may of been fixed with Elmore. Either that or we need to start praying to Reggie White for some help.

I do think a lot of our problem areas were indeed addressed in the draft by T.T. We are very fortunate to NOT have great areas of concern. We are Superbowl Champions, I'm not saying we are beyond improvement or criticism, I'm just saying we can make changes to improve upon perfection if you will. I really think overall we have an incredibly solid team, a lot to be proud of and a lot to be thankful for. I really had to think ******* these areas of "weaknesses" and that is a good thing. I'm happy with where we are at and I'm even happier with the direction this team is going!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think our weakest link is any individual player. I still think special teams needs help, but Ted may of fixed that with drafting, Alex Green a return man. The other potential problem is lack of pocket protection for Aaron - Olinemen. This too may of been addressed in the draft, Derek Sherrod, but I personally would of liked one more Olineman. I think the running game has improved greatly and will continue to do so next season. Starks has helped a lot, we get Grant back and now we also have Green to add to the mix. As for an OLB to play opposite Clay, good luck with that, unless you plan on cloning Clay, which I'm sure the thought crossed both T.T. and Caper's minds. DE is a potential weakness. It may of been fixed with Elmore. Either that or we need to start praying to Reggie White for some help.

I do think a lot of our problem areas were indeed addressed in the draft by T.T. We are very fortunate to NOT have great areas of concern. We are Superbowl Champions, I'm not saying we are beyond improvement or criticism, I'm just saying we can make changes to improve upon perfection if you will. I really think overall we have an incredibly solid team, a lot to be proud of and a lot to be thankful for. I really had to think ******* these areas of "weaknesses" and that is a good thing. I'm happy with where we are at and I'm even happier with the direction this team is going!
Don't you mean Cobb as a return man, and not Green?

Not to mention that DJ Smith is an outstanding ST player, and Ryan Taylor has been his team's ST MVP for 4 years.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorry to nitpick Kitten, but my guess is Cobb will get the first chance at KOR and PR. Thompson did draft another OL: OG Caleb Schlauderaff, and Elmore is an OLB, not DL. The seventh rounder, Lawrence Guy was drafted to bolster the DE spot.

I do agree on the direction of the team - I'm ecstatic knowing the Packers are in position to realistically contend for another title for the next several years.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I got them confused. I don't know why the hell I put Green for our return man. :( Thanks for catching that and keeping me in check! :) I just somehow managed to confuse all the names and positions! But hopefully you managed to figure out what I was trying to say!

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I got them confused. I don't know why the hell I put Green for our return man. :( Thanks for catching that and keeping me in check! :) I just somehow managed to confuse all the names and positions! But hopefully you managed to figure out what I was trying to say!

I thought I heard one of the analysts on ESPN or NFL Network mention that the Packers would probably use Alex Green on kickoff returns. Cobb would definitely be our punt return guy, but I could see both players used on kickoff returns.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I heard one of the analysts on ESPN or NFL Network mention that the Packers would probably use Alex Green on kickoff returns. Cobb would definitely be our punt return guy, but I could see both players used on kickoff returns.
It's nice to have some legit OPTIONS back there for once.

packerstl101

Cheesehead
Reaction score

hopefully he will be as good as devin hester

packerstl101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect that, not on the return game. Hester is the best ever.

However, I fully expect him to be better than Hester on offense. Quite frankly, Hester sucks at running routes, and has questionable hands.

i wasnt expecting him to be better than hester. i would be nice to have a return guy like him though.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks! Maybe that wasn't a total mistake then!!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. That's the really weak spot on the team.

But we have some young promising guys to fill in that hole on the roster. Lang, Newhouse, McDonald. Even Sherrod.

But I agree. It's the most glaring weakness as of right now.

Thats going to be one of the toughest battles in training camp. But I expect the lineup to be different at the end of the year

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats going to be one of the toughest battles in training camp. But I expect the lineup to be different at the end of the year
IMHO we should keep Sherrod at tackle ONLY.

Chances of Clifton getting injuried at some point are pretty high. Not only that, but it would serve him right to learn the position as fast as he can, to be the sucessor.

I say tackle and not LT because there's the distinct possibility that Bulaga flat out wins that spot, even against Clifton.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Sherrod at left at the end of the season and Bulaga at right. Lang maaaaaybe at left guard.

Reaction score
IMHO we should keep Sherrod at tackle ONLY.

Chances of Clifton getting injuried at some point are pretty high. Not only that, but it would serve him right to learn the position as fast as he can, to be the sucessor.

I say tackle and not LT because there's the distinct possibility that Bulaga flat out wins that spot, even against Clifton.

I agree keep Sherrod at tackle ONLY. Let him learn behind Cliffy.

I do think he will stay at LT though. Bulaga proved he can play RT solidly & Sherrod was drafted to play LT. He has longer arms than Bulaga. One of the measurables they look for in a LT. I say let him learn the LT spot and were set for 10+ years with Bulaga & Sherrod as our anchors!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree keep Sherrod at tackle ONLY. Let him learn behind Cliffy.

I do think he will stay at LT though. Bulaga proved he can play RT solidly & Sherrod was drafted to play LT. He has longer arms than Bulaga. One of the measurables they look for in a LT. I say let him learn the LT spot and were set for 10+ years with Bulaga & Sherrod as our anchors!
I couldn't care less for arm lenght, Clifton has 33 inch arms.

What separates Sherrod from Bulaga as a blind-side protector is his feet. They're so good that he's always between the defender and the QB. They're almost like Clifton in his prime.

But we can't comment without seeing him at least practice. I remember Bulaga in traning camp struggling with fundamentals, which he overcame as the season went on, but he was nowhere near ready to play in the NFL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts