Our Schedule Looking Ahead

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the pile of negative threads about how terrible everything is, here is a potential bright spot....our remaining schedule. I'm not going to predict that we run the table, but if we don't win the majority of these remaining games then I'll be a bit depressed. Many of these teams are tanking:

Lions 2-1
Ravens 2-1
Browns 1-2
Vikings 0-3
Bears 3-0
Eagles 1-2
Giants 0-3
Vikings 0-3
Lions 2-1
Falcons 1-2
Cowboys 2-1
Steelers 0-3
Bears 3-0

Our remaining opponents have a combined record of 17-22 so far. As tends to happen in the NFL and sports in general, I assume that some of these 3-0 teams will falter and some of these 0-3 teams will improve. Nonetheless, this still looks like a favorable schedule for the Packers.

Side note: The AFC is 28-20 while the NFC is 20-28

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of these teams will be as good as the 9ers and Bengals. Bears, cowboys and Lions may be pretty good though.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of these teams will be as good as the 9ers and Bengals. Bears, cowboys and Lions may be pretty good though.

Are you still sold on the 9ers? I really feel the Seahawks are head-and-shoulders above the 9ers. And that given this game later in the year and more healthy the Packers could sweep the floor with them.

As far as the remaining games, the schedule is looking nice. Overall I think the hardest fight is going to be within the division. Bears have two big solid WR which has proven to give the Packers a bit of a fit. Still think we are better overall but those two games could be a fight.

Then the Lions, its always hit and miss with them in Detroit. I think we clean up shop after the bye. But the game in Ford Field could be a brawl as well.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I can see three losses at least so if I figire 4, 10-6 gets us to the playoffs only if the bears can find a way to go 6 and 7 for the rest of the season. That will be tough. We can only really afford to loses three more games and the bears have to melt down.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
some of them may be tanking now, but the season is still young. Wait till week 8, then reevaluate the remainder of the games to be played.

1) Bears will play us tough, always do
2) Lion will play us tough, air battle to be sure
3) Ravens are NO slouch
4) Falcons will play us hard as well
5) Cowboys run game is no push over, that will be a challenge along with them having 2 big physical WR's

12theTruth

I predicted 9-7 earlier and I'll stick with that.

This season Aaron Rodgers could go from merely great to legendary. For some reason many fans on this forum still have sky high expectations even though we now officially have the least talented offensive line in the league. Overall,we have enough talent at key positions to get it together and possibly make a run in the playoffs. Do we have the leadership and can Aaron Rodgers meld his game with the burgeoning running attack that has been rearing its head the last two weeks.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the pile of negative threads about how terrible everything is, here is a potential bright spot....our remaining schedule. I'm not going to predict that we run the table, but if we don't win the majority of these remaining games then I'll be a bit depressed. Many of these teams are tanking:

Lions 2-1
Ravens 2-1
Browns 1-2
Vikings 0-3
Bears 3-0
Eagles 1-2
Giants 0-3
Vikings 0-3
Lions 2-1
Falcons 1-2
Cowboys 2-1
Steelers 0-3
Bears 3-0

Our remaining opponents have a combined record of 17-22 so far. As tends to happen in the NFL and sports in general, I assume that some of these 3-0 teams will falter and some of these 0-3 teams will improve. Nonetheless, this still looks like a favorable schedule for the Packers.

Side note: The AFC is 28-20 while the NFC is 20-28

Nice to see someone else is staying positive

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predicted 9-7 earlier and I'll stick with that.

This season Aaron Rodgers could go from merely great to legendary. For some reason many fans on this forum still have sky high expectations even though we now officially have the least talented offensive line in the league. Overall,we have enough talent at key positions to get it together and possibly make a run in the playoffs. Do we have the leadership and can Aaron Rodgers meld his game with the burgeoning running attack that has been rearing its head the last two weeks.

I wouldn't say the Packers have the least talented offensive line in the NFL, and I dont think there is very much evidence to support that.

The Packers are tied for 6th most sacks allowed at (10), but also have the 7th most pass attempts (122) of any team. That is one sack for every 12.2 attempts. Almost exactly in the 50% tile for sacks per attempt.

Here is a list I created of sacks per attempt... Notice Russel Wilson, Eli Manning, Alex Smith, and Andrew Luck all get sacked more per attempt than Rodgers. And one could also argue Rodgers has a above average tendency to hang onto the ball to long, but I think that evens out with his ability to escape sticky situations at times.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The Packers also hold the leagues 10th best rushing offense, 3rd best passing offense... Not to mention they played San Francisco and Cincinnati who are both known have very talented defensive lines.

The Packers may have a makeshift line, but they are preforming much better than people think. If you take EDS out of the picture and replace him with someone better... I don't think it would be that much of a stretch to believe the Packers have a top 10 offensive line in the NFL. One that will get even better with time together.

12theTruth

I wouldn't say the Packers have the least talented offensive line in the NFL, and I dont think there is very much evidence to support that.

The Packers are tied for 6th most sacks allowed at (10), but also have the 7th most pass attempts (122) of any team. That is one sack for every 12.2 attempts. Almost exactly in the 50% tile for sacks per attempt.

Here is a list I created of sacks per attempt... Notice Russel Wilson, Eli Manning, Alex Smith, and Andrew Luck all get sacked more per attempt than Rodgers. And one could also argue Rodgers has a above average tendency to hang onto the ball to long, but I think that evens out with his ability to escape sticky situations at times.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The Packers also hold the leagues 10th best rushing offense, 3rd best passing offense... Not to mention they played San Francisco and Cincinnati who are both known have very talented defensive lines.

The Packers may have a makeshift line, but they are preforming much better than people think. If you take EDS out of the picture and replace him with someone better... I don't think it would be that much of a stretch to believe the Packers have a top 10 offensive line in the NFL. One that will get even better with time together.

Least talented equates to the status they held when obtained by the team. A line with 3 1st rounders a 4th and a free agent is going to be more talented than the current unit of the Packers. Your assertion that there is much evidence to support the notion is false. Now talent can be subjective as well, but on its face you won't find too much argument that the Packers have one of the least talented offensive lines in the league.

Your example fails to take into account QB pressures and QB hits either. It is an overly simplistic representation of the stats regarding offensive line effectiveness. 3 games is a small sample size as well. We will know considerably more about 6 games into the season about this units effectiveness as to providing adequate pass protection.

Nice chart though. The part I thought was funny was when you had mentioned the possibility of a Top 10 offense line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Least talented equates to the status they held when obtained by the team. A line with 3 1st rounders a 4th and a free agent is going to be more talented than the current unit of the Packers. Your assertion that there is much evidence to support the notion is false. Now talent can be subjective as well, but on its face you won't find too much argument that the Packers have one of the least talented offensive lines in the league.

Your example fails to take into account QB pressures and QB hits either. It is an overly simplistic representation of the stats regarding offensive line effectiveness. 3 games is a small sample size as well. We will know considerably more about 6 games into the season about this units effectiveness as to providing adequate pass protection.

Nice chart though. The part I thought was funny was when you had mentioned the possibility of a Top 10 offense line.

By that assumption Alex Smith is more talented than Tom Brady, Brandon Jackson more talented than Arian Foster, and JaMarcus Russell more talented than Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre.

Draft alignment is only one level of assessment... Would you say Mike Neal is more talented than NaVarro Bowman?

The main point is they are getting the job done adequately against some pretty stiff defensive lines. Sure numbers aren't everything but whether it is coaching or whatever... they are definitely not the worst preforming line in the NFL right now.

Edit: I do get your point... And maybe I am looking at it through rose colored glasses. But for the time being I'm ok with that :)

12theTruth

By that assumption Alex Smith is more talented than Tom Brady, Brandon Jackson more talented than Arian Foster, and JaMarcus Russell more talented than Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre.

Draft alignment is only one level of assessment... Would you say Mike Neal is more talented than NaVarro Bowman.

The main point is they are getting the job done adequately against some pretty stiff defensive lines. Sure numbers aren't everything but whether it is coaching or whatever... they are definitely not the worst preforming line in the NFL right now.

Talent and production are two separate things. Now maybe the talent didn't quite pan out with a few of those players but the coaches also play a role too. Adequately is still debatable. If we look at the number of 3 and outs and failure to convert TD's the offense isn't quite as good as the stats would have us think. Should be quite interesting going forward as to how this pans out.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, look at Matt Stafford with 2 sacks on 121 attempts. Pretty cool stats
The one that got me was Cutler... What a turn-a-round so far. Not sure it will hold up or not but still crazy to see him there.

Also find it funny that both #1 and #2 teams for sacks allowed per attempt are from the NFC north.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Updated records:
Lions 3-1
Ravens 2-2
Browns 2-2
Vikings 1-3
Bears 3-1
Eagles 1-3
Giants 0-4
Vikings 1-3
Lions 3-1
Falcons 1-3
Cowboys 2-2
Steelers 0-4
Bears 3-1
------------------------
3 wins and 7 losses by our future opponents yesterday. Their overall record is now 22 wins and 30 losses, with the overall win percentage dropping from 43.5% to 42.3%. The winds continue to blow in our favor and thank goodness we aren't ranked by RRI - just straight wins and losses.

I'd say the most shocking besides the 0-4 Steelers and Giants is the 1-3 Falcons. They might be saying that about the Packers after we play the Lions but I hope not.

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am still going with my preseason prediction of 9-7 at best. Our D(including Capers) and O-line are suspect...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I thought before the season when the Pack ostensibly had the 2nd most difficult schedule based on last years' records by opponents. I'm guessing that I did the 9-7/10-6 thing. I'm always hesitant to make those predictions before a snap is played. The last loss (Cincy) just killed me because the Bungles come back the next week and lose to Cleveland. Point is that the Pack seem to have a tendency to completely belly-flop early in the season (except for 2011 where Rodgers was able out-run the defense repeatedly) and put us in a 'coulda-woulda-shoulda' scenario here at the forum, come season's end when the Pack are on the road in the playoffs.

I also hate predicting because one just can never tell when Clay's hamstring will do its annual blow out and other such variables.

All I'm saying is that the Pack virtually need to sweep the division in my opinion. Further, the ***** have the Pack by two games now -- lose on Sunday to the ***** and they have a very real 3 game lead on the Pack (considering head-to-head results in a tie-breaker).

I don't want to sound all negative and such because I'm a "play the damned game first" kind of guy ... but man, that Cincy game sticks in my craw and I'm thinking that the Pack match up better against the Bears than the ***** - eventually, the Vikes are going to get their sh*t together (it's gonna happen) and tighten the race in the North.

The Pack need to get their discipline in line or they could find themselves in a hole that is going to tough to dig out of because those also-ran teams remaining on the schedule seem to give this team the most trouble.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If the Packers beat the Lions they will be 2-2 for the first quarter of the season. If they go 3-1 in each of the next three quarters, they'll finish with 11 wins. In the last three seasons after the first quarter of the season the Packers have had winning streaks of 4 in 2010, 9 in ’11, and 5 straight wins and then 4 straight last season. So I think 11-12 wins is a reasonable expectation if they beat the Lions.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
… we now officially have the least talented offensive line in the league.
Wouldn’t you think “officially” would have some statistical basis or some sort of a league rating?
Your assertion that there is much evidence to support the notion is false.
But your “official” assertion wasn’t backed up by anything. After it was challenged you based it on draft status but that was quickly debunked.
3 games is a small sample size as well.
That’s right but that too contradicts your “official” statement. This isn’t a big deal but it seems you just can’t help exaggerating. :D

12theTruth

Wouldn’t you think “officially” would have some statistical basis or some sort of a league rating? But your “official” assertion wasn’t backed up by anything. After it was challenged you based it on draft status but that was quickly debunked. That’s right but that too contradicts your “official” statement. This isn’t a big deal but it seems you just can’t help exaggerating. :D

Talent many times can equate to where the player was drafted. It if nothing else is a large component. A recent article detailed the fact the Packers when compared against the rest of the teams in the leagued right now have the lowest average draft position of ANY team in the league. Officially Jack we will come to our own conclusions. Deal with it if you can? :D

Members online

Latest posts