Our Safeties

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ll-of-holes-b99195805z1-243605261.html?page=1

"We just didn't get it done and I don't think that was a lack of ability, because the ability is there. We just have to make sure we're consistent." --Safeties coach Darren Perry

Actually, you were plenty consistent. You were just consistently terrible. There was nothing inconsistent about the Packers' safety play in 2013.

When someone says "we have to be more consistent", it usually just means "we need to not suck so bad." It just doesn't sound as bad this way.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
"We just didn't get it done and I don't think that was a lack of ability, because the ability is there. We just have to make sure we're consistent." --Safeties coach Darren Perry
I don’t expect Perry to say publicly 'MD Jennings is bad' but they better be saying the equivalent of that behind closed doors. We’ve seen Jennings enough to know it is lack of ability. And I hope in the exit interviews for the players they let Burnett know they expect more from him next season. Of course he’d look better with an average – or better – safety playing next to him but he had perhaps his worst season. If they want to bank on Richardson being the answer and/or put Hyde at safety that’s one thing. I’d still want more talent at the position if my job were on the line, but they had better acknowledge they need more ‘ability’ at safety than they went into last season with.

Members online

Latest posts