Our near future....thoughts?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Looking over the upcoming schedule I see that we play the Rams, then Jags at home, then Arizona at home. The Home game vs AZ might be fun to see the hot weather boys come up to WI in November. I know its not bone chilling cold to us in early November, but to them it could be enough to throw off their game. I do really do think we could head into our bye week being 6 - 3. That would be the best mojo we could have getting a streak back. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Agreed. I also agree it's about time the Cardinals come up to GB when they play us. How many times have we been down there already? I just hope Rodgers is 100%.

OP
OP
Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The most fun looking game for us upcoming looks to me like the Jags game. I know that MJD alone wont be able to beat us, they will have to pass at some point. That is when we will get to see Blaine gabbert get eaten alive. Their line sucks and gabbert is a wreck of a QB when he is under any pressure at all. I see a lot of sacks and several picks happening to the Jags. I bet we light up the score board on them.

H

HardRightEdge

When you're 3-3, the old cliche abundantly applies...you play them one at a time.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
It seemed like the offense finally found their groove. If they can keep up that intensity they will be ok.

OP
OP
Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It seemed like the offense finally found their groove. If they can keep up that intensity they will be ok.

You must have a wide perspective of the packers being a fan for so long. You have seen the game change from gritty battles at the lines while pounding out a ground game ....... to an all out air battle that seems to be the norm for todays game.

I think that the Houston game gave them back their swagger and put the wind in their sails. Not that they are cocky, but now they know that they have not lost what they once had, an offense that takes what it wants.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Rams - This is a team that lacks weapons on offense.. Jackson isn't the same back he once was and the receiving corp is not overly deep or talented. They are winning more on defense than offense (only twice this season have they passed for more than 250 yards in a game).. if the Packers continue with last week this should be a win.

Jags - Lets be honest.. this is not a very good football team as all on offense (verse the Texans, they barely broke a 100 yards total offense). First year coach, mass amounts of Injuries and talent void. Defensively they are a solid club vs pass, but awful vs the run (haven't held a team under 100 yards yet), but there should be no way they hang with us.

Cards - Offensively challenged already, playing yo yo on the healthy QB not helping and losing their feature back in Williams. Defensively, another solid team. Again.. they should not hang with the Packers.

So to answer the question.. this should be a stretch to bounce back.. that is if the Packers are truly back on track.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
You must have a wide perspective of the packers being a fan for so long. You have seen the game change from gritty battles at the lines while pounding out a ground game ....... to an all out air battle that seems to be the norm for todays game.

I think that the Houston game gave them back their swagger and put the wind in their sails. Not that they are cocky, but now they know that they have not lost what they once had, an offense that takes what it wants.

Thanks. You are right, I have seen a lot of football. Today's game is a passing game. The NFL wanted it that way because their marketing research told them that it is a more exciting, higher scoring game and more people would watch. I like to see a good touchdown pass but the running game was exciting too. There was nothing like the Green Bay sweep.

sinatra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’re still in good shape to take the division.

We’re a couple games back from the Vikings and Bears, but it helps to look at the past and future schedules.

Based on Footballoutsiders.com’s DVOA ratings, Chicago has played the 25th most difficult schedule in route to 4-1. Going forward, they have the 8th most difficult schedule. In other words, the Bears have had a relatively easy road so far – the one tough game was against us, and they stubbed their tow. Going forward, it gets much more difficult for them.

The Vikings have played the absolute easiest schedule in the league so far (32nd in difficulty) to go 4-2, but they’ve got the 2nd toughest schedule going forward. This is the 3rd largest variance in the league between past and future schedules, and it explains the Vikings’ surprisingly good start. Expect the Vikings to promptly fall off the map as the challengers get more…well…challenging.

The Packers, on the other hand, have played the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFL so far. The only teams with tougher schedules so far are the 2-3 Cowboys and 1-4 Panthers. Despite the gauntlet the Packers have faced (which includes the 3rd, 4th, 7th and 9th best teams in the league, via DVOA – going 2-2 against those teams, including that bogus call in Seattle), the Packers have grinded out a .500 record. Going forward, the difficult in the schedule drops to a much more forgiving 11th. Still tough, but not quite the murders row we’ve faced so far.

Snapshot:
Bears 4-1 SOS: 25th past; 8th future.

Vikings 4-2 SOS: 32nd past; 2nd future.
Packers 3-3 SOS: 3rd past; 11th future.

For anyone curious about the Lions, they’ve played a pedestrian schedule so far (17th in difficulty) to a mere 2-3 record. Going forward, it doesn’t get easier – the difficulty jumps to 4th in the league. Don’t expect a rebound from the Lions. It looks like the they’ve been unable to build on the promise of the previous couple years, and may in fact be regressing.

sinatra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ so by what you are saying, the entire NFC north got a hard 2nd half? wow, some schedule makers are out to stop the NFC north.

"Schedule makers" merely decide the order of the schedule -- the teams you play are automatically determined by revolving division match-ups and records from the previous seasons.

The entire NFC North is stuck with tough schedules because of playing the NFC West (every team is .500 or better), the Texans, and eachother (Packers and Bears are both very good). Plus, Green Bay has to play the Giants and Detroit has to play the Falcons, due to the previous seasons' records.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking over the upcoming schedule I see that we play the Rams, then Jags at home, then Arizona at home. The Home game vs AZ might be fun to see the hot weather boys come up to WI in November. I know its not bone chilling cold to us in early November, but to them it could be enough to throw off their game. I do really do think we could head into our bye week being 6 - 3. That would be the best mojo we could have getting a streak back. What do you guys think?
After Indy and seeing how it's going I won't think about 6-3 until we are actually 6-3.
One game at a time baby. One game at a time.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Where is that guy that said something like (after the 49ers loss), "...it is very likely that the Packers will go 0-4"?

Right now, he is probably thinking that the Packers are very likely to go 3-6 as he camps out in his 1950's vintage bomb shelter (just in case).

I agree with Sparta and FF-- one game at a time. Here is to a good game on Sunday. Start fast-- hope McCarthy maintains a balance plan and Rodgers keeps the tempo up-- no huddle would be nice. Go Pack.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts