Our FB situation going into next year

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Korey Hall did a solid job considering he was a 6th round pick that converted from LB coming out of college and Kuhn wasn't a bad reserve considering we plucked him off waivers from Pittsburgh at the end of training camp.

We've also got two Practice Squad/Training Camp guys on the roster in Ryan Powdrell and Corey White, both of whom we've seen relatively little of.

So what do you guys think of our FB situation going into next season?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically what we had last year, but improved(growth from within!). I was impressed with our FBs most of the time. They laid wood on people and were fun to watch. With that said they were far from perfect and should only get better this offseason.

I don't see us bringing in anyone noteable. Maybe a 6th round HB\FB combo guy (a davenport type) or something.

Can't we just fast forward to the draft so we can watch Thompson earn his money?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love watching K-Hall and Kuhn play O and ST. Id love if Kuhn got a carry or two in short yardage, he was a TB in college. Im hoping either will be rewarded with a TD catch or two this year!

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I would love to see either K-Hall or J-Kuhn develop into another William Henderson type FB - doesn't block people but buries them, and can catch out of the backfield.

Uh oh, gonna have to change my undies just thinking about that. :oops: :shock: :cross:

Reaction score
Actually, I would love to see either K-Hall or J-Kuhn develop into another William Henderson type FB - doesn't block people but buries them, and can catch out of the backfield.

Hall showed flashes of being that type of FB on occasion, like when he laid out Urlacher for example.

I'm very comfortable about our FB situation, both Kuhn and Hall improved as the year wore on, which is very impressive considering one was a rookie and the other was a free agent pick up just before the start of the season who barely knew our playbook when the season began.

With that said, I'd like the FBs to get more involved in the passing game. I expect that to happen a bit more this season, and I think it'll only serve to make the Packers a more dangerous O.

Teams will be focusing on our WRs, Lee, and Grant. Hit the FB on occasion to give them something to think about, maybe even catch them off guard.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really pushing for Korey Hall, because I think he's a football player, but Kuhn impressed me as well. I'm totally content with these two as our FB's.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think Korey Hall did a good job last season and would like to see him develop.

Would like to see a healthy Ryan Powdrell in camp. The guy was good at USC and hopefully he can do it at the next level.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's what I was thinking. I'd love for a FB to be a receiving threat.

Remember how Henderson used to jump over people? That was cool. :cool:

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn developed into a nice lead blocker with some key stuffs in the hole. Hall is great at going low on LBs and opening up huge lanes by doing so. If you watch some highlights of Grant's big runs, both of those guys had key blocks. Hall is especially impressive with his ability to throw his body around and open up lanes without needing to really engage his man.

They complement each other very well since Kuhn is more of a sledgehammer and Hall more athletic and able to make blocks on outside runs. I'm very happy with the position right now.

Plus, the both contribute on ST.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Improved play at fullback must have had something to do with the improvement in the running game late in the season. The one block I remember was Kuhn's on Grant's long TD against the Cowboys. As long as we've got these two guys and they stay healthy, we just need some camp bodies to get through the preseason.

Members online

Latest posts