OTS (4-13-12) Packers Rumors

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you that don’t know, this is the OTS (On The Sidelines) Packers Rumor Report. The OTS are Packers rumors that I obtain through various sources that I have come to know through my years doing radio. They are sources in NFL in various capacities and do have direct knowledge of what is being discussed by decision makers and front office personnel. Please keep in mind what a rumor is, hence what the OTS is:

RUMOR:

n.

A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

It appears that the free agent shopping spree that GM Ted Thompson went on is over. While the Packers had DE/OLB Dave Tollefson in for a visit, he was only offered a 1 year deal for the minimum. This was reported a few days ago by the Packers beat writers.

Nick Collins, his agent and the Packers decision makers are discussing what the next move is for Collins and the team. While the rumor is Collins received the “OK” to resume his career, the Thompson and Mike McCarthy are not to sure if they want to take the enhanced risk of letting Collins play for the Packers. This is a highly fluid situation and the Packers brass wants whats best for Collins long term (after football) and was told they are 80-90% certain he won’t be a Packer in 2012 and if he is (a Packer)” he needs to get in the sales business after he retires”. I was told from an NFC Scout that he wouldn’t let Collins play for his team because “a neck injury is nothing to play with and the risk doesn’t outweigh the reward.”

For the rest of the OTS click here The Average Joe Show

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great stuff as always, Arrigo. I wonder what would happen with Nick Collins if he decides that he wants to play, but the Packers still don't want to risk it. Will he ask for a trade or release? If they really don't want him to play, then surely they wouldn't want to let him go to another team when they know that team will allow him to play.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great stuff as always, Arrigo. I wonder what would happen with Nick Collins if he decides that he wants to play, but the Packers still don't want to risk it. Will he ask for a trade or release? If they really don't want him to play, then surely they wouldn't want to let him go to another team when they know that team will allow him to play.

I feel like I remember a player a few yrs ago who came back and wanted to play and the front office said no....
Wonder what ever happened with that...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
For those of you that don’t know, this is the OTS (On The Sidelines) Packers Rumor Report. The OTS are Packers rumors that I obtain through various sources that I have come to know through my years doing radio. They are sources in NFL in various capacities and do have direct knowledge of what is being discussed by decision makers and front office personnel. Please keep in mind what a rumor is, hence what the OTS is:

RUMOR:

n.

A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

It appears that the free agent shopping spree that GM Ted Thompson went on is over. While the Packers had DE/OLB Dave Tollefson in for a visit, he was only offered a 1 year deal for the minimum. This was reported a few days ago by the Packers beat writers.

Nick Collins, his agent and the Packers decision makers are discussing what the next move is for Collins and the team. While the rumor is Collins received the “OK” to resume his career, the Thompson and Mike McCarthy are not to sure if they want to take the enhanced risk of letting Collins play for the Packers. This is a highly fluid situation and the Packers brass wants whats best for Collins long term (after football) and was told they are 80-90% certain he won’t be a Packer in 2012 and if he is (a Packer)” he needs to get in the sales business after he retires”. I was told from an NFC Scout that he wouldn’t let Collins play for his team because “a neck injury is nothing to play with and the risk doesn’t outweigh the reward.”

For the rest of the OTS click here The Average Joe Show

If this is true this is how it was with the Colts too I believe. A good source told me a while ago that Irsay never really wanted Peyton to play again, would have preferred he retired. Peyton gets the clearing from all doctors, has updates on his throwing every 5 hours and he is determined to resume his career after 4 neck procedures. But, Irsay never really wanted it to be under his watch. However Manning is determined to keep playing regardless of any risks and at the same time I never believed he was willing to take a massive pay cut for ANY team.

I don't know what happens with Collins but if they decide to part ways with him I don't blame them one bit either.

Members online

Latest posts