Other Sports - Cricket

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we have fans from all over the world on here and there is the Cricket World Cup going on right now. Anybody else interested in the game?

I am from Indian and hence grew up playing the game, but I know Canada in in this years world cup!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've spent some time in South Africa over the years, and have been forced to watch some cricket on TV when rugby isn't on. It's a terribly slow game, but I admit I know none of the intricacies. I love the game of baseball, and the more leisurely pace of the game. I'd probably enjoy cricket more if I understood it better.

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love cricket and am an avid fan of Lancashire County Cricket Club.

I will be watching some of the World Cup games, although I prefer the longer formats of the game ...... 4 day County Championship games and 5 Day Test matches.

Obviously I'll be supporting England featuring that great Lancastrian bowler Jimmy Anderson, but I hope the other Lancashire players such as Faf Du Plessis (South Africa) do well.

OP
OP
rawalabhay

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love cricket and am an avid fan of Lancashire County Cricket Club.

I will be watching some of the World Cup games, although I prefer the longer formats of the game ...... 4 day County Championship games and 5 Day Test matches.

Obviously I'll be supporting England featuring that great Lancastrian bowler Jimmy Anderson, but I hope the other Lancashire players such as Faf Du Plessis (South Africa) do well.

Jimmy Anderson is a good bowler, but I don't think he will be able to do much on the sub continent pitches that don't help swing! I am obviously supporting India and got the pay-per-view package from Dish Network.

Call me crazy but I am up at 3:00 AM to watch India play! :happy0005:

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a cricket fan :)

Loved cricket since a young age. I represented my school and my local team in Liverpool in my teen years. I was even captain for both sides. I tried playing a few years ago, but I'm not as good as I once was :(

Saw Lancashire play a couple of times, never seen England play though. I'd like to, I'm sure I will one day

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never has a sport fit so well with it's name...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

No, in all honesty, I loved playing a game similar to cricket when I was kid, called "Tacobol"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xe6FcdDg8A&feature=related]YouTube - Jogo de taco[/ame]
, but I can't stand watching it, the same way I don't like baseball. But to each their own.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Here is trivia for ya:

Which two countries played in the first international cricket competition?
Answer below.

USA vs. Canada in the mid-1800s. Canada won.

Members online

Latest posts