OT Josh Sitton

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not much info on him. 6-4, 320 and ran a 5.4 40. Don't know much else.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not much info on him. 6-4, 320 and ran a 5.4 40. Don't know much else.

Dang. Your other info has been excellent so far.

Oh well. I just know we could use an OT, and his size looks good.

Reaction score
According to JSOnline.om: Sitton said the Packers want him to play guard and center. He has no game experience at center.

Another body at guard...? :-?

I'd have liked to see someone who'd play T at the NFL taken, but meh TT must see something in him.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitton Looking Forward To NFL Draft Weekend

http://ucf.scout.com/2/749576.html

April 24, 2008

Orlando, Fla. (www.ucfathletics.com) - Over the past couple of months, former UCF offensive lineman Josh Sitton has seen his stock steadily rise for the upcoming NFL Draft that is scheduled for this Saturday and Sunday in New York City.

Sitton will pass time on Saturday morning in a fish-tossing contest near his home town of Pensacola, Fla., before taking on a viewing role of the event that will air live on ESPN starting at 3 p.m. ET. The first two rounds of the seven-round event will be held Saturday, which is a change from years past when the first three rounds were conducted on the opening day.

Sitton is still going to watch most of the proceedings on both days. Of course, this year he will watch with a lot more intrigue, especially on day two when the 6-foot-3, 325-pounder expects to hear his name called.

"I have always been into watching the draft," Sitton said. "It really is interesting to me and this year is going to be even more so."

Following a senior season that saw him claim All-Conference USA first team honors and the Knights rack up a school-record 3,287 yards on the ground, Sitton played his way onto the radar of a number of NFL personnel officials radars looking for a versatile athlete to fill an offensive line spot on their roster.

During his UCF career, Sitton made a combined 39 starts at three different offensive line positions for the Knights. In all, Sitton made 50 appearances for the Black and Gold, which equaled his classmate Keith Shologan for the most in program history.

Sitton believes his performances on the playing field as well as his efforts in individual workouts over the past few months and the UCF pro day held on March 20 have increased his stock as the draft draws nearer.

"I have probably talked to around 20 teams and visited three or four," Sitton said. "I have been told that I am graded out as high as a fourth-round pick on some draft boards, so those are all good signs.

"Also, getting a chance to meet some of these teams face-to-face, I think they realize how well I know the game."

The draft is a crapshoot and Sitton is glad this weekend is finally here. He admits the favorite part of the entire process has been to see it finally come to an end.

"Just being able to meet these NFL people and being mentioned as a possible draft pick is more than I can ask for. I'm just ready to be picked by one of these teams and get my professional career started."

Sitton is one of several Knights who will hope to hear their names called by an NFL team on Saturday or Sunday. A full recap of the weekend's events involving former UCF standouts will be available on www.ucfathletics.com following the conclusion of the draft on Sunday.

OP
OP
A

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com's writeup:
Pick Analysis: Sitton is a player that was discovered at Pro Day. There were a lot of scouts down there at Central Florida to watch Kevin Smith and he really impressed the teams. This is a good spot for him to go in the draft as his measurables had him soaring up draft boards.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we missed a few picks we really wanted due to trades. OT may be one of them and I'm of the opinion that we can get by with what we have right now, it would have been nice to draft a guy to groom for next year, but its not like we have a gaping hole there either

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI: In a Sports Illustrated article on "steals" and "reaches" in the draft, the only Packer selection mentioned was Sitton, who was classified as a "reach":

Josh Sitton/OL/Green Bay/4th round: Sitton was rated by almost everyone as a free agent and was never seriously considered in the middle rounds by any team.

OP
OP
A

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year James Jones was listed as a reach by almost everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts