1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Opinion of other NFL fans

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by CaliforniaCheez, Apr 15, 2005.

1. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have traveled alot and met many fans and not based on a few encounters and chat room flamings but on larger numbers I have developed positive opinions of some fans and negative opinions of others.
    If no opinion is listed I have not met enough to say good or bad.

Good
    Chiefs
    Panthers
    Steelers
    Dolphins

Slight Positive
    Seahawks
    Cowboys
    Lions
    49'ers
    Chargers

Obnoxious, Stupid or Both
    Raiders
    Vikings
    Jets
    Eagles

Just a little irritating
    Denver
    Atlanta

Also bad are non fans who buy a jacket or shirt of the latest Superbowl winner and a year later they change it for another. Maybe it is a phenomena in California. I understand a fan coming out of the closet once their team wins but these people who keep changing team attire is just counter to what I believe in.

Let me know your opinions based on your interaction with other team fans.
  2. stuffin

stuffin Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I live in Jet and Eagle country and I detest them almost as much as Viking fans. Also I have been to Jet and Eagle games and they are the worst I've seem. So that group seems to be on the mark. And in the 90s when Dallas was winning all those SBs their fans would have fit into this catagory.
  3. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The reason the Dolphins are in the good section is b/c their team is in the BAD section. The attendence probably gets near 10,000, and that is about it.
  4. fondypackfan

fondypackfan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hungout with a bunch of Redskins fans the last time they came to Lambeau and had a pretty good time with those guys so I would put them in the good category.
  5. PokerPacker

PokerPacker Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i was gonna say that
  6. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would put the Bills fans in the Good category.
    I agree with most of your selections but I would have to move the Cowboy fans down with the Vikes and Eagles

Later
    Leopardmech
  7. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    how do packer fans rate?
  8. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Viking fans for the most part are the most fickle in all of sports! I do have to say this though. Early June I went to a couple Twins-Indians games to see Travis Hafner (Sykeston, ND) play and was curious to see if Twins fans are as obnoxious as Viking fans at games. Sitting next to me was my nephew who is a huge baseball fan and 10 years old. Sitting next to him was an overweight, obnoxious, potty mouth that trash-talked the Indians the entire game. Now talking is one thing, but when you're yelling out things like, "Hey Belliard, you'd be a lot faster if you'd cut the braids!" I lost a lot for him that day. I mean, this dude couldn't even run from home plate to 1st without dropping due to a coronary attack! Most Viking/Twin fans that I've met are obnoxious and fickle!
  9. Cheezy

Cheezy Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man i gotta say that i think Jaguar fans are on the Slight Positive/Slight Negative. Why? Because i was walking home from school and i was wearing my Favre jersey and out of nowhere a car pulls up and the guy inside yelled "Favre sucks, Packers suck.....Go Jags!!!" But i was laughing to myself because it was the season where they went 5-11. And on the slight positive i was watching the 01' game with my friends when Green Bay and Jacksonville played down here in Florida and and Green Bay won.....no trash talking. Just alot of "wow great catch" or "wow what a great QB in Favre you guys have". So yeah.....my rant is over. :D
  10. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much agree Cheez. Only changes I would make is to put Cowboy fans in Obnoxious, Stupid or Both. The ones I've met feel it is the Cowboys God given right to be in the SB and do whatever they want and the rest of the league sucks and knows nothing. I would also put the Bears and St. Louis in the Just Slighty Irritating category. Bear fans are usually loyal, knowledgeable and have great tradition. Except when the Bears are winning then they are Obnoxious.
  11. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sounds about the same as the Colts' fans around here... their rant?
    Talk about hoosier hospitality.... geez. I almost wish I could... move back to Green Bay - but, then with our Club, I have the chance to rub it in... so, that's just about as much fun!

There's no competition for Wisconsin Hospitality!
  12. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Viking fans are the worst with some exceptions of course like my son-in-law and daughter-in-law. They aren't bad at all. However, the one and only time I attended a game in the metrodump, I was treated very badly by some queen fans. They were hitting me on the head--not hard, but it was a nuisance, and when I was waiting for my husband after the game (which the queens had won), some one came by and said, "Why the f### don't you go home." On the other hand, we had been to Cleveland for a game, and were treated like royalty. My husband even got to be on the Cleveland t.v. station. He had made a Packer table for tailgating, and they took pictures of it. :p
  13. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I live in Pennsylvania,and the Eagles are the worst,to me.I hear alot of trash talking anywere I go with a Packer shirt or coat on.Bye the way,there are alot of Packer fans here too!
  14. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Too bad they have to talk so much crap. I guess they do have a leg to stand on though as they pretty much spank us whenever we meet up.

:whippin:
  15. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    A quick comment on Miami fans...not bad ppl...but BANDWAGON!!! As someone else mentioned...look at the stands...they can't sell out, heck fill 3/4 of the stadium, when they have a good team playing!
  16. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Some Vikings fans arent so bad, especially Vikefan.
  17. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Reminds me of the Bucs fans... I used to habitate over at the CBS Sportsline Forum Boards and they were ridiculous...

As far as the Eagles go - they're reminding me more & more of the Colts - they can play pretty well, but always choke when the Lombardi is right in front of 'em. They haven't really won anything like the Championship since 1960 - and ol' Vince pretty much knew why the Packers had lost that game - he then told the team, "that ain't gonna happen again, mark my words!" - and it didn't... now did it...>!
  18. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    where in PA?

yeah the packers are well represented in the state, but whenever i get confronted by an unruly eagles fan when i'm wearing my packers shirt..."oh yeah 4th and 26" and i come back with an "oh yeah...what happened the next week" quip,

Eagles fans...fairweather, thats the best word...boo mcnabb when he was drafted, on top of the world before the super bowl, now he's the butt of every joke for his choking in the super bowl...I hate eagles fans with an undying passion, but they are great to have around when the birds finally lose. and that stupid cheer "e-a-g-l-e-s" too bad they copy the freakin "j-e-t-s" cheer...it's always fun to reply to that with a "they suck go cowboys!" line...even though i don't like dallas it gets the philly drunks fired up, almost got me in a fight at a phillies' game

staying on the topic of birds, Ravens fans are horrible too...loud, don't know a lot about their team, rub in every victory--a lot of ravens fans where i go to college...it was the same in baseball season when baltimore started off so well, everyone became an o's fan...

i've dealt with a lot of fans of other teams in my area, you'd be surprised at the number of people who like teams other than the eagles

Redskins fans are loyal, knowledgable and dont rub it in (not that they can)...as are Giants fans, too bad most of them always come back with the "yeah well go yankees" BS, not that that holds water this season...

Cowboys fans...lets just say all the bandwagon jumpers from the early 90s are showing their true colors, a lot are hanging on thru the tough times...

Steelers fans i've never had beef with, also well represented in my area...then again they have to look mild compared to...Eagles fans

An entire half of my family are Oakland Raiders fans, have been since the AFL days, they all picked another team so they didn't have to pull for the Eagles (see, this anti-philly thing runs deep in the bloodline for me)...there's a pretty big Raider fan club in the area that a few of my uncles and cousins belong to...Raider fans may be a little pompous at times but i love the passion with which they follow their team...
  19. PackerCoz

PackerCoz Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where are the Packers? You have never socialized with Packers fans? :wtf:
  20. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    JW,sorry to take so long to reply. I live in Pen Argyl,with a total of two traffic lights. I use to work in Allentown,a few years back. I see that they might get a triple A farm team in your town by 2008. I have to come up and watch! :beer: :towel:
  21. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    wow thats in the area, small world...I actually live in Macungie but i put down Allentown so people would have a semi-idea where I'm from,

I always used the small town jokes on Macungie, my big punch line the last few years was "yeah we finally got a mcdonalds"...but as of late the population has skyrocketed, every empty patch of land is becoming a housing development, ridiculous,

...and i hope it all goes well with a-town getting the triple-a team, as of today's evening news it was "promising", we'll see
  22. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fans

Living here in the Pacific Northwest, I'd rate the Seahawk fans as slightly negative (too many drunks at the game, not enough season ticket holders in a metro area that has over 3 million people).

The Seahawks barely managed to sell out their last playoff game (vs. the Rams).
  23. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Re: Fans

Sounds like Colts fans....
    Heck isn't the NorthwestPackerBackers Fan Club larger than the number of Season Ticket holders they have?
  24. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Fans

I believe the Seahawks season ticket holder base is between 45,000 and 50,000 (Qwest Field has a capacity of 67,000).
  25. Noisey Packer Fan

Noisey Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As you can see I am from Missouri you are in line for Chiefs they are generaly GOOD EGGS As for Rams fans they are the pitts you can see wher I put them when you try to talk football with most of them all they want to do is to run you down any way thats my soap box :soapbox: