Opening night first time to Lambeau

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Hey people, I am finally making it to Green Bay for the opener against the Saints. Bought the non refundable airline tickets before the lockout began so I was sweating it for awhile.

Bought thru packer fan tours. They are having a tailgate at Favres but I wanted to meet and talk to some local tailgaters. If anyone is going to be tailgating that game hit me up so you can buy me a brew.

Also we will be there from Wednesday night until Sunday morning so looking for suggestions from locals on things to do beyond hall of fame and stadium tour.

Thanks

Mark

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats!

Favres place has made several people I know very sick so please take caution before eating anything there.

Stadium view is a classic packer fan hangout.

A must stop is the union hotel in De Pere. Its where Lombardi used to go after games and drink. Great steak too. It looks pretty much the same as it did when Vince was there. Its also family owned and run still so you can get some great stories from the family if you want.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone goes to Stadium View. That place gets crazy.

You could always take a day trip to Door County. Beautiful scenery and a lot to do, especially at that time of year. Unless you won't be renting a car while you're here. That would make it difficult. St. Norbert and UWGB are local colleges around here that may have games that weekend you could check out. You could even see if East High has a game... they play at the old City Stadium.

I would definitely eat at Krolls... there is one right across from Lambeau, on Ridge. Titletown (downtown on the river) is good, too. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. I love my city.

Have fun!

jrdulka

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jealous! congrats man. My first time seeing a game at Lambeau is one of the best moments in my life. Great game to see too. Should be a blast.

ThebigG1966

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:viksux::viksux:
Hey people, I am finally making it to Green Bay for the opener against the Saints. Bought the non refundable airline tickets before the lockout began so I was sweating it for awhile.

Bought thru packer fan tours. They are having a tailgate at Favres but I wanted to meet and talk to some local tailgaters. If anyone is going to be tailgating that game hit me up so you can buy me a brew.

Also we will be there from Wednesday night until Sunday morning so looking for suggestions from locals on things to do beyond hall of fame and stadium tour.

Thanks

Mark

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, helluva a game to pick...I'm excited for you...I went in 2009 for first time and it was one of my favorite moments...The Pancake Place (house) for breakfast is pretty damn good, can't remember the street it's on, but if you like pancakes or just like breakfast, go there...the Whole Stadium experience is awesome, pro shop, bar, restaurant, HOF, the field. For me, not being a local and seeing everyone in a Green Bay jersey was a pretty awesome experience as well. ENJOY!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats man! It's your first game in Lambeau? Never been to a season opener, but Lambeau is quite an experience, I'll tell you that. I've only been to one game, but what I can describe is, it's not like any other stadium I'd ever been. It's much more personal and friendly than other US venues, but it's not as intimidating and intense as attending a soccer game in Brazil.

It's what I assume would be attending a college game. You feel connected to the fellow fans, you feel part of a community, you feel a lot more as a real Packer fan than when you watch it at home, or if you watch it at other stadiums, but it's not something aggressive, that you feel like an animal.

It's a great experience.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Congrats on getting the tickets to make it to the season opener, I bet it cost a fortune.

If anything you may want to record the celebration of them dropping our Super Bowl Champion banner, or what ever they plan to do before the game.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Thanks

Mark

Go to the East Side of town and check out City Stadium behind East High School. Its where the Packers played until 1956. Curly Lambeau's house is over there too right by Nicolet Elementry School. You can find Curly Lambeau's grave in the Allouez Catholic Cemetary in the Southeast corner of the cemetary just north of the CVS pharmacy on Webster Ave, kind of by the maintenance shed. Vince Lombardi's house is on Sunset Circle in Allouez. There are a whole bunch of really cool Packers historical places in town here if you are willing to do a little bit of research on the web you can find all of these places or send me a PM if you want specific addresses and more detailed locations.

I also really enjoy the Titletown Brewery on Dousman St downtown. They have a reall cool billiard room with big screens and they make all their own beer that is served in the restaurant. All of the beers are Packer themed like the Johnny Blood Red Ale and the Tony Canadeo Gold Pilsner. Let me know if you have any more questions!!!!

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
It's a great experience! My family and I drove to a game last year and my wife laughed at me the whole time. I was litterly stunned for the 2 days we were there. I wandered around the ProShop for an hour and a half not knowing what to buy and just outright lost. We saw Crabtree walking around our hotel and I was still not in it and didn't even ask for his autograph.
On the bus to the game an older couple showed us a picture of themselves and Bart Starr. They seen him in line for breakfast and asked if they could join them and he said yes.
When my boy grows a couple years older we will make the trip back to the Promise land.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
It's a great experience! My family and I drove to a game last year and my wife laughed at me the whole time. I was litterly stunned for the 2 days we were there. I wandered around the ProShop for an hour and a half not knowing what to buy and just outright lost. We saw Crabtree walking around our hotel and I was still not in it and didn't even ask for his autograph.
On the bus to the game an older couple showed us a picture of themselves and Bart Starr. They seen him in line for breakfast and asked if they could join them and he said yes.
When my boy grows a couple years older we will make the trip back to the Promise land.

What hotel were you staying in???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts