Open Tryouts?

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dublin, Ireland, E.U., Earth, Milky Way, Universe,
All this "combine" coverage has got me thinking... all be it optimistically!

Do NFL teams still hold open tryouts, or is that a thing of the past? I think Arena Football still do it the odd time.

If so, I am so there!

Age 20, 178cm (5'10), 98kg (218lbs), I did that 100kg (225lbs) Bench test the other day and got 25 reps in, I'd estimate my 40time to be around 4.4 to 4.5, Max squat of 230kg (508lbs) --- I dont think I'm a million miles off these College guys!

Stick me in at Running back for one play a game, I could be the "publicity/joke" player from Ireland! Send me in when we're up by 3 TD's in the 4th! --- Everyone wins!!!

Anyone got Mike McCarthys number??? :lol:

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to start playing American Football next year. There is limited opportunity over here, I think there is only 1 league in our whole state and there is only Under 18's and Seniors (18+).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to start playing American Football next year. There is limited opportunity over here, I think there is only 1 league in our whole state and there is only Under 18's and Seniors (18+).
Your considered a "senior" at 18???? :shock: :lol:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would love to see a video of you running that fast. football is a complex sport, so who knows what you could do, but you certainly sound like a pretty stellar athlete.

OP
OP
I

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i would love to see a video of you running that fast. football is a complex sport, so who knows what you could do, but you certainly sound like a pretty stellar athlete.

Well I've played rugby all my life, I think i can handle a wee bit of football! I've only played in two organised kitted games in my life, in one of them I tore my left hamstring, in the other game a few month later I tore my right hamstring! Conclusion: American football is tough on the hamstrings!!! Got 2TD's on 4 carries in that first game though!

Its great fun knocking over people in pads, you dont feel a thing! It really alows you to throw your body around the place withour worrying about your body like in rugby. Football has to be one of the more "fun" sports to play! (As long as you've learned your playbook!!!)

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'll try to get into one of Finland's football teams. There's like 8 teams, scattered across Finland, and I just happen to live near one of those team's hometowns. I've gone to see one of the games, they look really amateur-like, so when I get enough time, I'll try. It's not like there's any kind of draft or anything, LOL.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Well I've played rugby all my life, I think i can handle a wee bit of football! I've only played in two organised kitted games in my life, in one of them I tore my left hamstring, in the other game a few month later I tore my right hamstring! Conclusion: American football is tough on the hamstrings!!! Got 2TD's on 4 carries in that first game though!

Its great fun knocking over people in pads, you dont feel a thing! It really alows you to throw your body around the place withour worrying about your body like in rugby. Football has to be one of the more "fun" sports to play! (As long as you've learned your playbook!!!)

you played in IAFL?

OP
OP
I

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
irishpacker said:
bozz_2006 said:

you played in IAFL?

No I played in Germany when I was working there one summer during my school days. It was damn well organised and really serious, I loved it! I'm too focused on Rugby at the moment, I play for Clontarf in Dublin, lookin to break into the Leinster squad, but sure you know yourself, Leinster are spoilt for choice when it comes to the back row. I may be heading to Connaught or France next year though, been talkin to teams there and the situation looks alot better in terms of getting a chance for top drawer rugby!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:
irishpacker said:
bozz_2006 said:

you played in IAFL?

No I played in Germany when I was working there one summer during my school days. It was damn well organised and really serious, I loved it! I'm too focused on Rugby at the moment, I play for Clontarf in Dublin, lookin to break into the Leinster squad, but sure you know yourself, Leinster are spoilt for choice when it comes to the back row. I may be heading to Connaught or France next year though, been talkin to teams there and the situation looks alot better in terms of getting a chance for top drawer rugby!

nice one, yer winger played well on friday.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seniors are 18+? ok... 4.4 speed means you have better speed than half the nfl running back prospects who were in the combine...

OP
OP
I

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seniors are 18+? ok... 4.4 speed means you have better speed than half the nfl running back prospects who were in the combine...

I did say I "estimated" 4.4 to 4.5! In school I was a sprinter during the summer months. P.B. over 100m of 11.02... So close to 10! My start was way better than my finish, so I assume my 40 time would be OK. Also, fat line men run around 5.4 etc, and one would assume I'm faster than them!

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am about 5'11 and 360 I could stuff the middle for the packers very well. I don't think quarterbacks would like me very much if I EVER got to them(not that fast, I run a 20 minute mile but I'm big so what I lose in speed I make up for in size).

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am about 5'11 and 360 I could stuff the middle for the packers very well. I don't think quarterbacks would like me very much if I EVER got to them(not that fast, I run a 20 minute mile but I'm big so what I lose in speed I make up for in size).

5'11", 360?!?! Is that you Gilbert Brown?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yes but do you have the intangibles! :p

Members online

Latest posts