Only Brett Left to Go

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yeah..right Net..

I see SherRossley's burnin' up the NFL now...with all of those teams jumping to get at them..aren't they?

If they were so great..how come nobody wants them????

Noisey Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Sorry guys but everyone from the weight room assistant to the head coach is gone. The writting is on the wall for Brett. It was a good ride well at lasted. Just my opinion so don't rag on me too much.
I am with every one else on this one I dont think brett is going anywhere the only writing I see is a welcome change to the Pack. Change of any kind is hard we get use to seeing the samething, hearing the same voice seeing the same play calling, when that changes we panic and think, or worse yet say stupid things and I think that is what a lot of people are doing right now. lets give the new guy a chance to show us what hes got befor we start hateing him. Remeber a lot of people thought Mike was dumb for brining Brrett here.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is absolutely false -- Henderson was consistently one of Mike Sherman's biggest supporters. Henderson and Green were trotted out by the organization (they were still under contract) to present a picture of unity -- what did you expect them to say. Both are without contracts for next season (as soon as Free Agency starts) and both are looking for work. I love Henderson and think he and Green are great examples of players who place TEAM above all else. However, your claim that either were happy that Sherman left has NO BASIS in reality -- in fact every single statement on and off the record have said exactly the opposite.

PACKATTACK4 said:
billv said:
Henderson and Green seemed awfullly happy about the hiring. Those are 2 Packer veterans. Everybody is not upset and leaving.

Henderson was happy Sherman left, he may now be able to carry the ball. I never understood why first and goal at the one the FB(256 lbs.) never got the ball straight ahead. Check back, I'll bet Henderson didn't get 6 carries in all Sherman's years. I know one year for sure with no carries. Do you think the other teams in the league knew Henderson would never carry the ball?DUH!!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman is sittin' on 6 million dollars,over the next two years, of Packer money, due to the brilliance of our new GM.

How many teams are willing to pay that for a new coach? Could be he isn't getting any offers because he doesn't have to work.

I really don't think that way, but I have to get my jabs in whenever I can to keep up with the "everything is Shermans fault" crowd.

By the way 66, have you thought up of any funny little names for McCarthy and Jagodzinski, when the losing starts next year?

Again, I hope you don't have to, without Favre and many of the other FA's and UFA's, who will probably move on, I don't see a very bright future in Packerland.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Mike McCarthy did coordinate the #3 offense in the NFL when he was with the Saints a couple of years ago.

I think you are thinking of Rossley -- he did have the #3 offense a couple of years ago.

McCarthy has never had a top 10 offense while he was the coordinator
here are the numbers for you.

Rossley’s Packers 4 – 12 record, 18th ranked offense, 319 yds per game, 18.6 points per game
Vs
McCarthy’s 49ers 4 – 12 record, 32nd ranked offense, 224 yds per game, 14.9 points per game

Rossley’s Packers 10 – 6 record, 3rd ranked offense, 397 yds per game, 26.5 points per game Won Division and made playoffs
Vs
McCarthy’s Saints 8 – 8 record, 15th ranked offense, 324 yds per game, 21.8 points per game Did NOT make the playoffs

Rossley’s Packers 10 – 6 record, 4th ranked offense, 363 yds per game, 27.6 points per game Won Division and made playoffs
Vs
McCarthy’s Saints 8 – 8 record, 11th ranked offense, 340 yds per game, 21.2 points per game Did NOT make the playoffs

Rossley’s Packers 12 – 4 record, 8th ranked offense, 344 yds per game, 24 points per game Won Division and made playoffs
Vs
McCarthy’s Saints 9 – 7 record, 17th ranked offense, 325 yds per game, 27 points per game Did NOT make the playoffs

Rossley’s Packers 12 – 4 record, 6th ranked offense, 345 yds per game, 24 points per game Did made the playoffs
Vs
McCarthy’s Saints 9 – 7 record, 11th ranked offense, 326 yds per game, 20 points per game Did NOT make the playoffs

Rossley’s Packers 9 – 7 record, 13th ranked offense, 333 yds per game, 22 points per game Did NOT made the playoffs
Vs
McCarthy’s Saints 10 – 6 record, 12th ranked offense, 336 yds per game, 22 points per game Did make the playoffs

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
I was thinking more along the line of.....The Thompson Twins

Because as you now they are TT's yes men.

Wonder if they can sing?????

LOL -- not sure if they can sing, but I hear they pick a pretty mean nose.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it is $6.4 million. So we are paying $3.2 million for Sherman not to coach and McCarthy $2 million to coach.

So, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, we are paying $5.2 million to have the offensive coordinator from the worst offense in the League and with no head coaching experience to be our head coach. He has exactly one season of playoff coaching experience as a coordinator (back in 2000) with the Saints.

And at least $10.4 million over the next two years -- I am not sure what McCarthy is slated to make next season, so I stuck with the $2 million figure he is making this season.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but it seems a little excessive to me

Buckeyepackfan said:
Sherman is sittin' on 6 million dollars,over the next two years, of Packer money, due to the brilliance of our new GM.

How many teams are willing to pay that for a new coach? Could be he isn't getting any offers because he doesn't have to work.

I really don't think that way, but I have to get my jabs in whenever I can to keep up with the "everything is Shermans fault" crowd.

By the way 66, have you thought up of any funny little names for McCarthy and Jagodzinski, when the losing starts next year?

Again, I hope you don't have to, without Favre and many of the other FA's and UFA's, who will probably move on, I don't see a very bright future in Packerland.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stand corrected Bruce, but I do remember reading somewhere (I can't find it now - I think I'm losing it) that the Saints had a top-five offense a couple of years ago when McCarthy was the OC.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I stand corrected Bruce, but I do remember reading somewhere (I can't find it now - I think I'm losing it) that the Saints had a top-five offense a couple of years ago when McCarthy was the OC.

No big deal, we all fall trap to reading and trusting sources that are inaccurate at times. I know I sure have. :D

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe TT should have hired Rossley as HC of the GB Packers...?

Is that what you are suggesting Bruce?

Statistics can be deceiving...

"There are three kinds of lies...Lies...Damn Lies...and STATISTICS"....
Mark Twain...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, we shoulda kept sherman and let him earn his 6 million and know we wont win...or pay him to leave and bring in a crew that could possibly get the job done.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Maybe TT should have hired Rossley as HC of the GB Packers...?

Is that what you are suggesting Bruce?

Statistics can be deceiving...

"There are three kinds of lies...Lies...Damn Lies...and STATISTICS"....
Mark Twain...

P@ck66, give it a rest. I never suggested that Rossley should be retained. What I have said in the past is that most team's fans rip, hate and dump on their coordinators without a clue as to how they perform or how the rest of the league coordinators are performing.

I was never a big fan of Rossley's. Stats can lie, but when you combine them with winning they are objective information that is worth consideration.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman is gone.... but I want you TT lovers/Sherman haters to please tell me why TT would pay Sherman 3.2 million a year in August...fire him in January.....and then sign "The best man for the job" for 2 million a year, considerably less than he was willing to pay Sherman just 5 months ago.

Doesn't this suggest that TT was more confident in his decision in August than he is now? Or does it mean he is just an idiot.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It means that he signed Mike McCarthy to a deal that is entirely typical for first-time NFL head coaches. And Sherman's extension was typical of a deal for a veteran coach. So I don't read anything at all into that. It's like saying that Nick Collins should've been paid more than Darren Sharper, if Thompson really thought he was a better option.

I agree that the Sherman contract extension followed by the firing was a poor move, though.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Sherman is gone.... but I want you TT lovers/Sherman haters to please tell me why TT would pay Sherman 3.2 million a year in August...fire him in January.....and then sign "The best man for the job" for 2 million a year, considerably less than he was willing to pay Sherman just 5 months ago.

Doesn't this suggest that TT was more confident in his decision in August than he is now? Or does it mean he is just an idiot.

or maybe TT was pressured from above into re-signing him? And then when sherman had a bad year, TT could do what he originally wanted to do and get rid of sherman. See, now im speculating. See how easy it is? See how easy it is to be wrong so fast? Speculating is fun. I mean, TT called sherman 'the best man for the job' after he re-signed him. Depack, what in the hell is he supposed to say, "heres sherman...i didnt really wanna keep him on...but here he is." Speculating is fun.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trom....you are so in love with your "speculating is fun" quote that you can't follow a line of thinking. First you wasted half your answer on the "best man for the job" thing. That was about Mac, not Sherman. Secondly....there is absolutely NO SPECULATION in my post. I am merely stating facts and then asking a question.

BTW....speculation may be fun, but *********** is funner!!

Members online

Latest posts