Only Brett Left to Go

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry guys but everyone from the weight room assistant to the head coach is gone. The writting is on the wall for Brett. It was a good ride well at lasted. Just my opinion so don't rag on me too much.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so is javon gone too? or bubba franks? nick barnett has to go too, right?

i dont get your comments. saying 'the writing is on the wall' doesnt make that anywhere close to being true. speculation is fun.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way this CRAP is shaking out in Green Bay i wouldn't be surpised by this EITHER!! I hate to say it ....But i'm losing faith in this McCarthy TT thing. I feel like were on a sinking ship.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.....there have been 2 things that happened during the mccarthy\tt era

1. Jag-off was hired ..which is gonna be better than rossley...

2. Bates and the pack agree to go separate ways

but thats a sinking ship? yeah we lost a good DC....but sinking ship? ..k

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
.....there have been 2 things that happened during the mccarthy\tt era

1. Jag-off was hired ..which is gonna be better than rossley...

2. Bates and the pack agree to go separate ways

but thats a sinking ship? yeah we lost a good DC....but sinking ship? ..k

To each their own....First off i don't agree with the McCarthy hiring in the first place...he wasn't the best man for the job...what the hell did he ever do in the NFl anyhow?
Second i think Bates did the right thing in leaving because he would do nothing more than make this joke of a head coach look better than his weak at best NFL coaching record dicates. Hell Bates said they offered him the job and he refused. Good for you Jim Bates... at least you walked away with your balls still attached.

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been a sinking ship for the Sherman Era, you just didn't notice it. The Packers have moved steadily farther away from their goal of a Superbowl over the last few years. Note the home playoff losses of the last 2 years at home against lesser opponents. Good teams make moves based on what they will do, bad teams make moves based on what they have done. With that "great" record of the Sherman era and all those NFC "Norris" titles what have the Packers done in the playoffs-NOTA. Just like the Bears of 2001 and 2005, great record in a weak division, one and out of the playoffs. Did anyone think those Bear teams were any good or going places? I like the moves, the Packers need to change some attitudes and get back to the Superbowl. The big thing is to get Brett interested in coming back and leading this team back to the Superbowl, he is the most IMPORTANT off season move!!!!!!!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Sorry guys but everyone from the weight room assistant to the head coach is gone. The writting is on the wall for Brett. It was a good ride well at lasted. Just my opinion so don't rag on me too much.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:

you're wrong Winni,

MM's hiring is the best way to see #4 back in GB.

As regards to Bates see my post on another thread.thanksfor the work but someone else can come in and do the same. Especially with a bit to spend.

JMO

Reaction score
Trom, you say the jag-off is going to be better. Based on what? He has no previous experience as an OC, and that means he can be even worse the Rossley. The fact is we just don't know at this point.

And then PACKATTACK4, you say the packers have steadily moved away from contending. DO YOU THINK BATES LEAVING WILL GET US CLOSER? Honestly D wins championships, and Bates is what made our D respectable. DO YOU HOENSTLY THINK OUR D WILL BE BETTER BECAUSE OF BATES LEAVING? NO! The fact is the Sherman era may have not produced results, but it doesn't mean that everythign during that era was flawed. Bates was HIRED BY SHERMAN, AND OBVIOUSLY LET GO BECAUSE OF MCCARTHY AND TT. I feel as if Brett's chances of coming back just took a hit.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
The way this CRAP is shaking out in Green Bay i wouldn't be surpised by this EITHER!! I hate to say it ....But i'm losing faith in this McCarthy TT thing. I feel like were on a sinking ship.

Dude we were FOUR AND TWELVE... we already sunk! lol

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
so is javon gone too? or bubba franks? nick barnett has to go too, right?

i dont get your comments. saying 'the writing is on the wall' doesnt make that anywhere close to being true. speculation is fun.

C'mon trom...give him a break. Javon, Bubba, and Barnett aren't exactly at the same stage of their career or held numerous "I might retire...I might not" press conferences. He is just making the point that Favre probably doesn't want everything to start from scratch if he's to come back. I see him coming back for at least one more but it's his opinion, let him have it. I mean, let him state his opinion and not get jumped on....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Trom, you say the jag-off is going to be better. Based on what? He has no previous experience as an OC, and that means he can be even worse the Rossley. The fact is we just don't know at this point.

I feel as if Brett's chances of coming back just took a hit.

1. How do I know jag-ff will be better than rossley? I dont...but there isnt much worse in the NFL than rossley, and I doubt(i hope not) jag-off is one of them. He only worked with atlanas o-line and running game and made it into a fantastic, disciplined line. he also worked with that one tight end guy who turned out ok, whats his name? Alge Crumpler?

2. Bates leaving doesnt really(to me, my opinion) hurt Favres return. sure favre got along well with bates, but favre probably gets along with a lot of people(that we dont hear about, like the weight room assistant, why didnt you mention that) I mean...bates is on the defensive side. Cmon now. If Bates leaving hurts favres chances of return, then mccarthy and jag-ff coming on HELPS his chances, since he knew them and got along well with them. thats just me though.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henderson and Green seemed awfullly happy about the hiring. Those are 2 Packer veterans. Everybody is not upset and leaving.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody here likes to focus on the positive, you keep those thoughts to yourself, bill. people are too caught up in 'the end of the packers organization' because ted thompson fired a horrible head coach, cut malcontents, and drafted good players, and brought decent ones in through FA.

But since he hired 2 people we dont know a lot about, its the end of the world. :roll:

im with ya, bill.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My apologies for starting this negative thread. I am hoping that the less cynical fans on this forum such as trom and our new friend "The Gray Ghost" ( among others ) are right and I am wrong.

Thanks NDPackerfan for stating what I was thinking better then I did during the heat of the moment when I posted it.

Have a great day everyone, I am off to play some poker. :wink:

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
billv said:
Henderson and Green seemed awfullly happy about the hiring. Those are 2 Packer veterans. Everybody is not upset and leaving.

Henderson was happy Sherman left, he may now be able to carry the ball. I never understood why first and goal at the one the FB(256 lbs.) never got the ball straight ahead. Check back, I'll bet Henderson didn't get 6 carries in all Sherman's years. I know one year for sure with no carries. Do you think the other teams in the league knew Henderson would never carry the ball?DUH!!

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
being nice to me now wont appease the poker gods! you're doomed!

Played some 2/4 last night trom and made a quick $50.00 or so on one hand where My pocket tens turned to a set on the flop and quads on the turn. This time I think they wre looking out for me. :wink:

Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
My apologies for starting this negative thread. I am hoping that the less cynical fans on this forum such as trom and our new friend "The Gray Ghost" ( among others ) are right and I am wrong.

Thanks NDPackerfan for stating what I was thinking better then I did during the heat of the moment when I posted it.

Have a great day everyone, I am off to play some poker. :wink:

Hey we all need to blow off some steam at times :wink:

I hope i'm right, i think #4 is back

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one love this off season banter no matter what we say or do (eg sell my Packer stock, jerseys, cards, memoribilia) I will live and die by the Pack

so you all continue to offer your takes .. that is what this forum is about but i hope a lot of you all eat some crow come next season. It was time for a change and change in this case can and will be good for us and the Pack

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would you expect Hendersen and Green to say. One guys at the end of his contract after spending most of the 05 season on IR and the other considered a dinosaur( though not by me ). I'm sure they're tickled pink about whatever TT/McCarthy do.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henderson and Green are bye-bye. Mark mywords.

Jag as O-coordinator...did either he or Mike McCarthy have the third ranked offense in the NFL? Just curious. Who did? Sherman and Rossley, FYI.

I would love to bury the Sherman and Rossley thing, but until you do, I won't.

Members online

Latest posts