One Thing I'm Actually a Little Sad About

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
..and another thing, what in the world is there to be sad about? Our Packers are going to the SUPER BOWL!! GPG

oregonfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can honestly say I truly love Rodgers and to be honest, I have trusted him more in these playoffs than I ever did with Favre.

Yes Exactly, Favre was too wreckless and scary sometimes! And Rodgers, he will even get better. He seems smarter and more in control of himself and the team.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Rodgers is a stud, TT is a genius, MM is a good coach and Benedict has a lil willy n pretty much sucks at life!!!

How about a big GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Superbowl 45 here we come!!!!!!

OP
OP
C

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was I really that cryptic in my initial post? Or are some of you being that dense?

If it is the former, let me try and clarify:

I don't feel bad for Favre AT ALL nor do I wish he was on the field right now. My point simply was that how cool would it be if we were on good terms with our legendary QB at this moment. Just like how Willie Davis was an honorary captain and was welcomed into the locker room, it would have been awesome IF things could have worked out that way with Favre. They did not, however, and that's the way it is. I'm certainly not letting it dim my enthusiasm for going to the Super Bowl. But, yeah, it does make me a pinch sad.

Just for the record:

Yes, Favre is a ****. Yes, he went to Vikings and spit in our faces. No, I don't want to see him included in any Super Bowl festivities.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No its not that were dense, its just at this point Favre is the last thing I am thinking about. I couldnt care less if he were on good terms with the organization or not.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You're kidding. The Packers are on their way to the Super Bowl and someone still brings up four year old news? C'mon man. That ship sailed. Let it go.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes you just gotta keep your thoughts to yourself and this was one of those times.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, this is the time to celebrate THESE Packers! AFTER WE WIN SUPER BOWL XLV, then we can put everything in a historical perspective and include Rodgers in a future-legend discussion, but save that for Febuary 7th, the day after the Super Bowl.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
IF Farve were to have been there, it would have been nothing but another attempt from him to be front and center and put himself above the team and the league.

I actually became a fan of the Packers, or probably more precisely a supporter of Rodgers, once the team made the decision to make the move to him. I've kept an eye on him for the past 3 seasons and have gotten to like the team more and more in large part because of him. Also in part due to Favre's continued asshatery. Paying attention to Rodgers, I've gotten to like more of the Packers. So, in a way, I can attribute my fanhood of the Packers to Favre, just in the opposite way of a lot of fans.

There may well be a time and place for the healing between Favre, the Packers and whatever fans will allow him back into their hearts. Yesterday was not that time. February 6th won't be either.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the Pack win two SBs with Rodgers, it will make the healing of the overrated losing BrINT Fail that much easier.

packerlover125

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are many Packer fans who hate Favre..... I don't have any sadness or sympathy that he left Packers .... I don't like the drama after he left Packers though. If you love GB Packers, Favre is a part of Packer history and can not erase from it. We were Super Bowl champion when he played as Packers and we will be the champion AGAIN with Rodgers.
And we believe that Rodgers is much better QB than Roethlisberger. He is the one leading us to Super Bowl Champion this year !!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or what happens? My feelings get hurt on an internet forum? :Worried:
No, but you opened up a can of worms that didn't have to be opened.

Mention Burnt around here and it pushes buttons.
I know that wasn't your intention (Or I hope not) but why anyone would think about him and then feel the need to share that among majority of fans who like the Packers but no longer Fraud, I don't know why.

How long have you been here?
Haven't you noticed our feelings towards BrINT?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Was I really that cryptic in my initial post? Or are some of you being that dense?

If it is the former, let me try and clarify:

I don't feel bad for Favre AT ALL nor do I wish he was on the field right now. My point simply was that how cool would it be if we were on good terms with our legendary QB at this moment. Just like how Willie Davis was an honorary captain and was welcomed into the locker room, it would have been awesome IF things could have worked out that way with Favre. They did not, however, and that's the way it is. I'm certainly not letting it dim my enthusiasm for going to the Super Bowl. But, yeah, it does make me a pinch sad.

Just for the record:

Yes, Favre is a ****. Yes, he went to Vikings and spit in our faces. No, I don't want to see him included in any Super Bowl festivities.
I got it. People are just so offended by what he's done, they don't even want to see his name mentioned.

Since he defined this team for me while I was growing up, I idolized him. I hate him for the way he treated management, the fans, and his fellow players by acting the way he did. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to go back in time, erase everything that happened, have him retire like a good boy, and be on good terms with him. That was the point of your post, right?

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel more sad that guys like Al Harris and Aaron Kampman won't be there.

:chisux:........and so does their QB.

OP
OP
C

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got it. People are just so offended by what he's done, they don't even want to see his name mentioned.

Since he defined this team for me while I was growing up, I idolized him. I hate him for the way he treated management, the fans, and his fellow players by acting the way he did. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to go back in time, erase everything that happened, have him retire like a good boy, and be on good terms with him. That was the point of your post, right?

Precisely!

I didn't really feel that way until we won the game yesterday. It just sucks that an all-time great Packer ruined his chance to be able to celebrate such an awesome moment in Packer history.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Precisely!

I didn't really feel that way until we won the game yesterday. It just sucks that an all-time great Packer ruined his chance to be able to celebrate such an awesome moment in Packer history.

ok now that makes sense!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts