One team we need to beat

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
There are no must wins on the schedule but it sure would feel good to relax a bit this season if the Packers can hold their own against SF.

H

HardRightEdge

Appendix to earlier comments:

If we start 6-6, then we need to beat everybody who's left.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I completely understand. I went through the same thing with the Redskin fans in the 1980's. Many of the things you said apply. I used to go to Mr. Days in DC to see the Packer games. Hardly anyone had Direct TV then. That was the Infante era and each Sunday my friend and I would drive 30 miles to that bar to watch the Pack. So the Redskin fans would show up on their way to a 4 o'clock game have their drinks, act all arrogant and stand in the way of the TV screens. That's just one instance of the ******** who call themselves Redskin fans.

btw, I still hate them. They killed Lombardi is enough reason to.

Many will have other games circled on their calendar. I have the Skins game circled. We all have our ox to gore.

Funny, I was stationed at Andrews in 78 and 79 when Theismann took over as starting QB. I remember him on the Redskins local show every week talking about why they got their but kicked, in a whiny sort of way.

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After all this news about the "Fail Mary" ref promoting a book, and **** Sherman inviting him to his charity softball game, I think we need to kick the crap out of Seattle. But the bad thing about that is we have to wait until at least 2014. So until then, the Giants and 49ers are on the top, but like Buggybill2003 said we need to focus on which ever team we are playing that week.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks could be a 2013 playoff opponent.

I agree with the OP though that the Giants along with the 49ers have been the monkeys on our back recently. You don't need to beat them to win the Super Bowl, but beating them does do something mentally to a team.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it'gotta be the 49ers. While every game is important, the first game of the season against the team that made your defensive players look outclassed in almost every element of the game is going to be key from a confidence standpoint. If the Packers dline gets tossed around like they were in the playoff game there are going to be a lot of questions. I also look at the 49ers game because it will be an excellent barometer of Perry's progress. In game 1 last year the 49ers exposed Perry's pass coverage skills to the point that Walden was actually played on passing downs after that game (not a good sign when the coaches prefer the worst-rated 3-4OLB in the NFL over you). Don't take that to mean I think Perry sucks, I just think it will be an excellent game to see if Perry has improved on the weakest part of his game.

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I want to see us beat the snot out of the 49er's. I am sick to death of seeing those shiny new license plate frames and window decals and hats and T-shirts...... here in Southern Cal. I want so badly to crush those quiche eating wine sipping, sunshine, bandwagon ****** heads. I want to see Kaperpunks face ground into the dirt.

I WANT TO SEE BLOOD AND GORE AND GUTS AND VEINS IN MY TEETH. I WANT TO KILL!! KILL!! KILL!!
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::cool:

Not going to happen:poop: